You can then earn a further 20,000 bonus Velocity Points converted from 40,000 NAB Rewards Points. To collect all of the bonus points on offer, you will need to keep your card open for over 12 months. This means you will need to pay the discounted annual fee of $195 in the first year and the $295 second year annual fee.
NAB Rewards Signature – Velocity Points
- Bonus points
- Purchase rate
- 19.99% p.a.
- Reward points per $ spent
- Annual fee for the first year ($295 p.a. thereafter)
- $195 p.a.
This offer ended on 5 September 2023. You can compare the current range of NAB credit card options here.
Up to 200,000 NAB Rewards Points (converts to 100,000 bonus Velocity Points)
Up to 3.75 NAB Rewards Points per $1
Option to automatically transfer points to Velocity (2:1 conversion rate)
Discounted $195 first-year annual fee
Need to keep the card for at least 12 months to get the full amount of bonus points
The standard $295 annual fee is relatively high when compared to similar cards
3% foreign transaction fee
|Product Name||NAB Rewards Signature Card – Velocity Points - DISCONTINUED|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||0% for 12 months with 3% balance transfer fee, then 21.74%|
|Balance transfer limit||90% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||19.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.74%|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Max credit limit||$75,000|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Rewards program||Velocity Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1.25|
|Annual fee||$195 first year ($295 after)|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
How to applyIt takes about 15 minutes to apply for a NAB Rewards Signature Credit Card online, and you'll get a response in around 60 seconds. To get started, check you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the details needed to complete the application.
- New cardholder. To be eligible for the up to 200,000 NAB Rewards Points (automatically converted to 100,000 bonus Velocity Points), you cannot hold or have held a NAB Rewards card in the previous 18 months.
- Velocity Frequent Flyer details. You need to provide NAB with your Velocity Frequent Flyer details after being approved for this card. Otherwise, the Velocity auto-transfer won't be set up and you'll earn NAB Rewards Points. Using Velocity Points is subject to Velocity's terms and conditions.
- Australian residency status. You can apply if you're an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident, you will need to have an acceptable visa. Many visas are acceptable but the following are not: Visitor Visa (exception, a Special Category Visa - NZ Citizen is acceptable), Working Holiday, Student, Exchange/gap year, Transit/short stay/seasonal, and Bridging.
- Income. You must have a regular source of income.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Eligible balance transfer. If you elect to transfer a balance, you can transfer up to 90% of your credit limit from Australian-issued, non-NAB cards.
- Personal details. Including your full name, date of birth, residential address, marital status and number of dependents. You'll also be asked to include proof of identification including your driver's licence number, passport or birth certificate.
- Employment details. You'll need to provide details of your occupation, salary and employer, including contact details for them. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips.
- Finances. As well as your income, you'll need to provide information regarding any other expenses, assets or liabilities.
- Balance transfer details. If you are planning to transfer a balance, you'll need to provide the details of that account(s), including the institution and account number.
- Bonus points offer. You'll earn 80,000 bonus Velocity Points (automatically converted from 160,000 NAB Rewards Points) when you apply, provide NAB with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases in the first 60 days from account opening. You'll get another 20,000 bonus Velocity Points (automatically converted from 40,000 NAB Rewards Points) after the 12-month anniversary of opening the account, as long as the auto-transfer remains in place. NAB will send an email after the application is approved with details about providing your Velocity Frequent Flyer number to set up the auto-transfer option. Eligible purchases cover most everyday and retail spending, but exclude transactions such as cash advances, government payments and balance transfers.
- Discounted first-year annual fee. This card offers a reduced annual fee of $195 for the first year, which goes to $295 p.a. after that.
- Points per $1 spent. This card earns 1.25 NAB Rewards Points per $1 spent on most everyday purchases, 2.5 points per $1 on purchases made at major department and hardware stores (including Myer, David Jones, Kmart, Target, Big W, Bunnings and Mitre 10) and 3.75 points per $1 for eligible spending with Webjet, when you're overseas or when you make overseas purchases online. With a Velocity Points auto-transfer, every 2 NAB Reward Points equals 1 Velocity Point. This means you earn an equivalent of around 0.625 to 1.875 Velocity Points per $1 spent. Transactions that don't earn points include cash advances, interest charges and other bank fees, government transactions, balance transfers and gambling.
- Rewards and point transfers. When you set up an auto-transfer, every 2 NAB Rewards Points will be converted to 1 Velocity Point. If the auto-transfer to Velocity is not set up, you'll earn NAB Rewards Points on the NAB Rewards Signature Credit Card.
- Balance transfer offer. The NAB Rewards Signature offers 0% p.a. for the first 12 months, with a one-time 3% balance transfer fee. At the end of the introductory period, any debt remaining from the transfer will attract the variable cash advance interest rate, currently 21.74% p.a., and you must still make minimum repayments.
- Mobile wallets. You can link your NAB credit card with Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay to make contactless payments using your eligible device at the checkout.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges an annual fee of $295 p.a.
- Purchase rate. If you carry a balance, your purchases will accrue a variable interest of 19.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. You'll get up to 44 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full, or if your statement shows an interest-free days amount that you pay in full, by the statement due date.
- Cash advances. This card has a variable cash advance interest rate of 21.74% p.a. When you make a cash advance (such as an ATM withdrawal), you'll also be charged a fee worth 3% or $3, whichever is greater.
- Minimum credit limit. You can apply for a minimum credit limit of $15,000 p.a.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked