The NAB Qantas Credit Card is no longer available to new cardholders. Compare other NAB Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit Cards to earn points as you spend.
The NAB Qantas Plus Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. However, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers.
If you would like to compare the current range of NAB credit cards, click here.
NAB Qantas Plus Credit Card review
The NAB Qantas Plus offers two cards linked to the one account. Both cards earn Qantas Points when you spend, but the American Express has a higher earn rate. The MasterCard is accepted in more locations. Although this is an uncapped Qantas frequent flyer product, the earn rate is reduced once you reach a certain spend.
There are seven types of complementary insurance offered with the NAB Qantas Plus account. The complementary insurance covers purchases you make on the cards and provides medical and travel insurance if you charge a certain amount of your prepaid travel expenses to either the American Express or MasterCard NAB Qantas Plus cards.
Benefits of the NAB Qantas Plus Credit Card
Direct earn Qantas frequent flyer credit card
Make an eligible purchase using either the NAB Qantas Plus American Express or MasterCard credit cards and you get Qantas Points. You can earn up to 100,000 Qantas Points each statement period.
The key thing to note is that the earn rate decreases with both the NAB Qantas Plus MasterCard and American Express card once you charge more than $3,000 in eligible purchases to the account.
- NAB Qantas Plus American Express earn rate. Earn 0.5 Qantas Point per dollar spent on eligible purchases with the NAB Qantas Plus American Express card.
- NAB Qantas Plus MasterCard earn rate. Earn 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on eligible purchases with the NAB Qantas Plus MasterCard.
Spend: American Express: MasterCard: $0-$3,000 2 points per $2 1 Point per $1 $3,001-$100,000 2 Points per $3 1 Point per $3
- Ineligible purchases do not earn Qantas Points. Points are awarded when an eligible purchase is charged to the account. Most transactions count as an eligible purchase, excluding: cash advances (including bills paid over the counter at a bank, financial institution or post office, purchasing traveller’s cheques and balance transfers), credit card fees and charges, gambling purchases, government fees and charges and business purchases.
Bonus Qantas Points
If you use the NAB Qantas Plus American Express of MasterCard cards to purchase a Qantas service or product, you will earn 1 extra Qantas Point per dollar spent.
New NAB Qantas Plus card holders also get complimentary membership to the Qantas frequent flyer program. If you apply for this account, and you’re not a member of the Qantas program, you’re automatically enrolled in the frequent flyer program so you can earn points when you spend on the cards. There is usually a joining fee of approximately $90.
7 complimentary insurances
There are seven complimentary insurances offered with the NAB Qantas Plus account.
- Travel & transit. Overseas travel insurance is a complimentary benefit available to NAB Qantas Plus account holders when certain conditions (like charing travel expenses to the account) are met. This policy providers cover for things like cancellation of your travel plans, medical expenses, lost luggage and travel documents, rental vehicle excess, personal liability and kidnapping. Check the terms and conditions for a full list of what’s covered, what’s not covered and for how much.Further cover is provided while you’re in transit through Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance and Transport Accident Insurance; while Domestic Burglary Insurance reimburses you if your room at an Australian hotel or motel is broken into and your things are stolen.
- Insurance to protect your purchases. Use this account to purchase a covered item and you get purchase protection insurance, extended warranty insurance and price protection insurance. Purchase protection covers you for loss, damage and theft, extended warranty automatically increases the Australian manufacturer’s warranty up to 12 months and price protection insurance will give you back the difference in price if you find an item for cheaper in somewhere else.
- Activating the complimentary international travel insurance. To activate the travel insurance, use either the NAB Qantas Plus American Express or MasterCard to purchase at least $500 of your prepaid travel expenses. This includes flights and accommodation. The policy provides cover for up to six months.
Check the terms and conditions
These insurance policies come with a bag of terms and conditions, an excess may apply too. Familiarise yourself with the policy document if you plan on applying for this account.
4.99% p.a. for 6 months on balances transferred
- Transfer from two accounts. Transfer a balance from up to two non-NAB credit cards, store cards and charge cards and get 4.99% p.a. for 6 months under a balance transfer promotion.
- Not 100% of your credit limit. Unlink some other credit card provider who say you can use up to a percentage of your credit limit towards a balance transfer, NAB allow you to use up to your credit limit (but not your full credit limit) towards a balance transfer promotion.
- For new and existing customers. Most balance transfer offers are for new applicants who elect to transfer a balance at the time of applying for the credit card. You can transfer a balance after you’ve applied for the NAB Qantas Plus Credit Card by filling out a NAB balance transfer request form.
Features of the NAB Qantas Plus Credit Card
- Annual fee. $145.50
- Qantas Points. Earn 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent with the American Express and 1 Qantas Point per 0.5 dollars spent with the MasterCard card.
- Get covered by seven complimentary insurances included with the NAB Qantas Plus.
- Interest-free days. Up to 44 Interest-free days on offer.
- Balance transfer. 4.99% p.a. for up to 6 months on balances transferred.
- Additional cards. Add up to 4 additional card holders to the account for no extra cost.
- Security. No liability if you’re a victim of credit card fraud.
- Other features. Get access to MasterCard and American Express cardholder benefits, like discounts at hotels, restaurants and discounts on shipping from international retailers. Contactless technology is enabled on both cards.