Earn Qantas Points as you spend.
Important InformationThe NAB Qantas Plus Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. However, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers.
If you would like to compare the current range of NAB credit cards, click here.
Compare current offers from NAB
Benefits of the NAB Qantas Plus Credit Card
Direct earn Qantas frequent flyer credit card
Make an eligible purchase using the NAB Qantas Plus credit card and you get Qantas Points.
Spend: Mastercard: $0 - $3,000 0.66 Point per $1 $3,001 - $100,000 0.33 Point per $1
- Ineligible purchases do not earn Qantas Points. Points are awarded when an eligible purchase is charged to the account. Most transactions count as an eligible purchase, excluding: cash advances (including bills paid over the counter at a bank, financial institution or post office, purchasing traveller’s cheques and balance transfers), credit card fees and charges, gambling purchases, government fees and charges and business purchases.
Bonus Qantas Points
If you use the NAB Qantas Plus card to purchase a Qantas service or product, you will earn 1 extra Qantas Point per dollar spent.
New NAB Qantas Plus card holders also get complimentary membership to the Qantas frequent flyer program. If you apply for this account, and you’re not a member of the Qantas program, you’re automatically enrolled in the frequent flyer program so you can earn points when you spend on the cards.
7 complimentary insurances
There are seven complimentary insurances offered with the NAB Qantas Plus account.
- Travel & transit. Overseas travel insurance is a complimentary benefit available to NAB Qantas Plus account holders when certain conditions (like charging travel expenses to the account) are met. This policy provides cover for things like cancellation of your travel plans, medical expenses, lost luggage and travel documents, rental vehicle excess, personal liability and kidnapping. Check the terms and conditions for a full list of what’s covered, what’s not covered and for how much. Further cover is provided while you’re in transit through Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance and Transport Accident Insurance; while Domestic Burglary Insurance reimburses you if your room at an Australian hotel or motel is broken into and your things are stolen.
- Insurance to protect your purchases. Use this account to purchase a covered item and you get purchase protection insurance, extended warranty insurance and price protection insurance. Purchase protection covers you for loss, damage and theft, extended warranty automatically increases the Australian manufacturer’s warranty up to 12 months and price protection insurance will give you back the difference in price if you find an item for cheaper in somewhere else.
- Activating the complimentary international travel insurance. To activate the travel insurance, use the NAB Qantas Plus to purchase at least $500 of your prepaid travel expenses. This includes flights and accommodation. The policy provides cover for up to six months.
Check the terms and conditions
These insurance policies come with a bag of terms and conditions, an excess may apply too. Familiarise yourself with the policy document if you plan on applying for this account.
0% p.a. for 6 months on balances transferred (with a 2% balance transfer fee)
- Transfer from two accounts. Transfer a balance from up to two non-NAB credit cards, store cards and charge cards and get 0% p.a. for 6 months under a balance transfer promotion.
- For new and existing customers. Most balance transfer offers are for new applicants who elect to transfer a balance at the time of applying for the credit card. You can transfer a balance after you’ve applied for the NAB Qantas Plus Credit Card by filling out a NAB balance transfer request form.
Features of the NAB Qantas Plus Credit Card
- Annual fee. $145.50
- Qantas Points. Earn 0.66 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
- Get covered by seven complimentary insurances included with the NAB Qantas Plus.
- Interest-free days. Up to 44 Interest-free days on offer.
- Balance transfer. 0% p.a. for up to 6 months on balances transferred with a one-time 2% balance transfer fee.
- Additional cards. Add up to 4 additional card holders to the account for no extra cost.
- Security. No liability if you’re a victim of credit card fraud.