Pay 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for 24 months with a 2% balance transfer fee on the NAB Low Fee Platinum Card.
If you're looking to consolidate existing credit card debt from other providers, this NAB Low Fee Card offer gives you an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 24 months, with a one-off 2% balance transfer fee. At the end of the introductory period, any debt remaining from the transfer will attract the standard variable cash advance rate. Other features of the NAB Low Fee Platinum Card include seven types of complimentary insurance, a minimum credit limit of $6,000 and an annual fee of $90.
|Product Name||NAB Low Fee Platinum Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 24 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||90% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.74% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$90 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$90 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Enjoy 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 24 months.
- This card comes with complimentary insurances including overseas travel insurance.
- You can request for an additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- There is an interest-free period of only up to 44 days on purchases as compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days interest-free.
- There is no incentive for spending with this card as it has no rewards program.
- For balance transfers, a one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies.
NAB Low Fee Platinum Card with Balance Transfer Offer review
The NAB Low Fee Platinum Card combines a competitive balance transfer offer with premium perks, including complimentary overseas travel insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, domestic hotel burglary insurance and purchase insurance covers. It also offers a 24/7 concierge service and exclusive ticket offers through Visa Front Line Access.
Benefits of the NAB Low Fee Platinum Card with Balance Transfer Offer
- Balance transfer offer. Receive a promotional interest rate of 0% p.a. for 24 months on balance transfers. This allows you to repay an outstanding debt from another credit card that you own interest-free for the entire promotional period and save money. Note that a one-off 2% balance transfer fee applies. Once the promotional period ends, the 0% balance transfer rate reverts to the cash advance rate, currently 21.74% p.a.
- Seven complimentary insurances. The NAB Low Fee Platinum Card offers complimentary overseas travel insurance when you use it to pay for at least $500 of your eligible international travel booking before you go away. It also offers interstate flight inconvenience insurance, transport accident insurance, domestic hotel burglary insurance, purchase protection insurance, extended warranty insurance and price protection insurance. These complimentary insurance policies are issued by QBE and require you to make an eligible purchase with the card to get cover. For full details, refer to the NAB card insurance policy booklets available on the NAB website.
- Platinum concierge. Take advantage of 24/7 access to the NAB Platinum Concierge Service, which can help you with tasks such as planning and booking travel, booking tickets for sporting events, shows and concerts and reservations at hotels, health clubs and golf clubs.
- Visa Card benefits. With Visa Front Line Access you can reserve pre-sale tickets for some of the biggest sporting events and concerts. If you need emergency assistance when travelling, you can contact Visa Global Customer Assistance Services. Verified by Visa ensures that you have a safe online shopping experience. Visa payWave allows you to just wave and go for transactions under $100.
Features of the NAB Low Fee Platinum Card with Balance Transfer Offer
- Annual fee. This card attracts an annual fee of $90.
- Purchase rate. This card has an ongoing purchase rate of 19.74% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. The cash advance rate is 21.74% p.a.
- Cash advance fee. If you use this card for cash advance transactions, you'll pay a fee worth 2% or $2.50, whichever is greater
- Interest-free days. Receive up to 44 days interest-free on purchases when you have no outstanding balance from the previous statement period. Note that interest-free days are not available if you carry a balance, including one from a balance transfer.
- Free additional cardholder. Add an additional cardholder to the account for $0. Additional cardholders must be at least 16 years of age and you'll still be responsible for managing the account.
How to apply for the NAB Low Fee Platinum Card with Balance Transfer Offer
You can apply for the NAB Low Fee Platinum Card online in around 15 minutes and should get a response within 60 seconds of submitting your completed application. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the essential documents and details on hand.
- Are you at least 18 years old? You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- What is your Australian residency status? You can apply for this card as an Australian citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident, you will need to provide the last overseas address where you lived, as well as other details of your residency status.
Documents and details
- Personal details. You'll need to provide details including your full name, date of birth, contact details and a valid form of ID such as your driver's licence number, passport number or Medicare card number.
- Employment details. This includes your current role, salary and your employer's name and contact details.
- Financial details. Provide information about any other forms of income, assets such as savings or shares and existing debts. You'll also need to estimate your monthly spending on essentials such as rent, mortgage payments, groceries and petrol.
- Balance transfer information. If you're applying for the balance transfer offer on this card, you'll need to provide details of your existing debts including the name of the financial institution/s the debts are held with, the BSB and account numbers and the amount of debt you'd like to transfer. Note that balance transfers are subject to lending criteria and approval.
With so many different cards on the market, make sure you compare the NAB Low Fee Platinum Card's balance transfer offer and ongoing features to those of other cards so that you can find one that suits your needs.Back to top