Consolidate your credit card debt and benefit from a 0% p.a. for 20 months balance transfer offer when using your new NAB Premium Card.
New NAB Premium Card customers can take advantage of the introductory interest-free offer by requesting a balance transfer at the time of application. This credit card also offers a minimum credit limit of $6,000 and a host of features and benefits including complimentary insurance covers and a concierge service. It also has a competitive annual fee of $90.
Want to save even more on this card?
Psst! We’ve got a better deal for you. Get an extra 5 months interest-free and waive the 2% fee on your balance transfer.
|Product Name||NAB Premium Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 20 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||90% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.74% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$90 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$90 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Enjoy 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 20 months.
- This card comes with complimentary insurances including overseas travel insurance.
- You can request for an additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- There is an interest-free period of only up to 44 days on purchases as compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days interest-free.
- There is no incentive for spending with this card as it has no rewards program.
- For balance transfers, a one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies.
Review of the NAB Premium Card
In addition to the introductory offer, the NAB Premium credit card offers seven complimentary insurance covers – including international travel insurance when you use it to pay for at least $500 of your overseas travel costs. You can also enjoy round-the-clock access to the NAB Platinum Concierge Service and the NAB Service Centre.
As a Visa credit card, you'll be able to use the NAB Premium in stores all around the world, as well as online and over-the-phone. You can also make contactless payments through Visa payWave and enjoy exclusive entertainment, lifestyle and travel offers and privileges through the Visa Premium service that's designed exclusively for Visa platinum and premium cardholders.
Benefits of the NAB Premium Card
- Balance transfer offer. Apply online to receive 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 20 months. Take note that a one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies and any remaining balance at the end of the promotional period will attract the cash advance interest rate.
- Platinum cardholder benefits. Enjoy the benefits of a platinum card with access to the following premium services:
- 24/7 NAB Service Centre. Got a question about your card? The NAB Service Centre team are available to chat at any time day or night.
- NAB Concierge Service. This 24/7 service, provided by Visa Worldwide, can provide you with travel, lifestyle and entertainment assistance including planning and booking travel or tickets to events, reservations at hotels and restaurants or car and limousine rental.
- VIP Lost Card Cover. Secure Sentinel offers an all-in-one safeguard for 24/7 reassurance in the case that your belongings and wallet are lost. It keeps a confidential list of any cards that you'd want to cancel if you lost them. In the event that you lose any of the cards, Secure Sentinel will contact the card issuer(s) on your behalf to cancel the cards and help you order the replacements. You'll also receive Australian passport and embassy assistance and a temporary mobile block if your phone is stolen.
- Complimentary insurances. When you use this card to make travel reservations in excess of $500, you'll receive overseas travel insurance issued by QBE. This covers up to $20,000 of medical expenses, travel cancellation, missed connections, collision damage, personal liability, accidental disability or death and other scenarios. Other included covers include interstate flight inconvenience insurance, transport accident insurance, domestic hotel burglary insurance, purchase protection insurance, extended warranty insurance and price protection insurance.
- Visa benefits. With Visa Front Line Access, you can reserve pre-sale tickets for some of the biggest sporting events and concerts in Australia. If you need emergency assistance when travelling, you can contact Visa Global Customer Assistance Services. Verified by Visa also ensures that you have a safe online shopping experience.
- Fees and charges. This card attracts an annual fee of $90 and you can get additional cards without paying any extra annual fees. Some other fees and charges include a late payment fee, international transaction fee and cash advance fee.
Features of the NAB Premium Card
- Interest rates. This card charges an interest rate of 19.74% p.a. on purchases. ATM withdrawals and cash advance transactions will attract an interest rate of 21.74% p.a. with a fee of 2% or $2.50, whichever is greater.
- Interest-free days. Receive up to 44 interest-free days on purchases when you repay your balance in full every statement month. While an outstanding balance is carried month to month, no interest-free days will be awarded.
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $90.
- Minimum credit limit. The NAB Premium Card has a minimum credit limit of $6,000.
- Currency conversion rate. Transactions made in foreign currencies will attract a fee of 3%.
- Additional cardholder. Request 1 additional cardholder at no extra cost.
How to apply for the NAB Premium Card
Applying for the NAB Premium Card is easy and an online application takes around 15 minutes to complete. To get started, click on "Go to site" to complete and submit the secure online application form. Alternatively, you can also initiate the application process by visiting an NAB branch or over the phone. Before you apply, please make sure you've met the eligibility requirements and organised the necessary documents beforehand:
- How old are you? You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- What is your Australian residency status? You can apply for this card if you are a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, contact details and date of birth. You'll also need to provide your driver's licence number or another valid form of ID such as your passport or Medicare card number.
- Employment details. Provide details of your current role, salary and your employer's name and contact details. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips, or your accountant's details.
- Financial details. This includes any other sources of income or assets, as well as your regular household expenses. You also need to share information on any existing loans and credit cards.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to request a balance transfer, you'll need to provide details of your current credit card account/s, including the financial institution/s and the amount of debt you'd like to transfer. Note that balance transfer requests and amounts are subject to approval.
If you're looking to repay your debt or make purchases without incurring interest, this card could be of interest to you. As this isn't the only card of its kind on the market, you'll need to compare a few cards to ensure you've found the right one for you.Back to top