NAB Low Fee Platinum Card
Consolidate credit card debt and benefit from a 0% p.a. for 6 months balance transfer offer with a new NAB Low Fee Platinum Card.
The NAB Low Fee Platinum offers a minimum credit limit of $6,000 and a host of benefits including complimentary insurance covers and a concierge service. It charges a $90 annual fee.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months with 2% balance transfer fee
Interest free period
|Product Name||NAB Low Fee Platinum Card|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||90% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||44 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$30,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- Enjoy 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 6 months.
- This card comes with complimentary insurances including overseas travel insurance.
- You can request for an additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- There is an interest-free period of only up to 44 days on purchases as compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days interest-free.
- There is no incentive for spending with this card as it has no rewards program.
- For balance transfers, a one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies.
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to applyYou can apply for the NAB Low Fee Platinum Card online in 15 minutes and get a response in 60 seconds. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents and details you'll need for the online application.
- Residency. You can apply if you're an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident, you will need to have an acceptable visa. Many visas are acceptable but the following are not: Visitor Visa (exception, a Special Category Visa - NZ Citizen is acceptable), Working Holiday, Student, Exchange/gap year, Transit/short stay/seasonal, and Bridging.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. NAB allows you to transfer up to 90% of your approved credit limit from non-NAB accounts.
- New cardholder. The balance transfer offer is only available to new NAB customers.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, contact details and date of birth. You'll also need to provide your driver's licence number or another valid form of ID such as your passport or Medicare card number.
- Employment. Provide details of your current role, salary and your employer's name and contact details. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips, or your accountant's details.
- Finances. This includes any other sources of income or assets, as well as your regular household expenses. You also need to share information on any existing loans and credit cards.
- Balance transfer. If you want to request a balance transfer, you'll need to provide details of your current credit card account/s, including the financial institution/s and the amount of debt you'd like to transfer.
- 7 Complimentary insurances. When you use this card to make travel reservations in excess of $500, you'll receive overseas travel insurance issued by Allianz. This covers medical expenses, travel cancellation, missed connections, collision damage, personal liability, accidental disability or death and other scenarios. Other covers include interstate flight inconvenience insurance, transport accident insurance, domestic hotel burglary insurance, purchase protection insurance, extended warranty insurance and price protection insurance. Check the terms and conditions for all eligibility requirements, exclusions and more.
- Balance transfer offer. Receive a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for the first 6 months. A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies and you will still need to make minimum payments by the due date listed on each statement. Any remaining balance at the end of the promotional period will attract the cash advance interest rate.
- NAB Concierge Service. You can take advantage of this 24/7 service to make the most of your travel, lifestyle and entertainment plans. This includes booking travel or tickets to events, reservations at hotels and restaurants or car and limousine rental. Your concierge is complimentary with your card and provided by Visa Worldwide.
- Visa benefits. With Premium Access, you can access a number of exclusive travel, entertainment and lifestyle offers. If you need emergency assistance when travelling, you can contact Visa Global Customer Assistance services. Verified by Visa also ensures that you have a safe online shopping experience.
- Mobile wallets. You can link your NAB credit card with Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay to make contactless payments using your qualifying device at the checkout.
- 24/7 NAB Service Centre. Got a question about your card? The NAB Service Centre team are available to chat at any time day or night.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $90 p.a.
- Purchase interest rate. This card charges an interest rate of 19.74% p.a. on purchases.
- Cash advances. If you use this card to withdraw cash at an ATM or for any other cash advance transaction, a cash advance fee of 2% will apply to the transaction, as well as a cash advance interest rate of 21.74% p.a. The cash advance interest rate also applies if you have any debt remaining from a balance transfer at the end of the introductory period.
- Interest-free days. Receive up to 44 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full, or if your statement shows an interest free days amount, in full, by the statement due date.
- Minimum credit limit. The NAB Low Fee Platinum Card has a minimum credit limit of $6,000.
- Currency conversion rate. Transactions made in foreign currencies will attract a fee worth 3% of the amount after it's converted to Australian dollars.
- Additional cardholder. You can request 1 additional cardholder at no extra cost. Note that the additional cardholder must be at least 16 years of age and the primary account holder (i.e. you) will be responsible for all transactions on the account.