Macquarie Black Card with Qantas Points
Enjoy an introductory 20,000 bonus Qantas Points offer, complimentary travel insurance and overseas airport lounge access.
The Macquarie Black Card with Qantas Points offers you 20,000 bonus points when you apply, are approved and spend $2,000 on eligible purchases in the first 60 days.
You can also get 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 14 months from card approval.
Balance transfer rate
for 14 months
Per $ spent
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Macquarie Black Card with Qantas Rewards|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 14 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Purchase Rate (20.7% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate||20.7% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||20.7% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 20,000 bonus Qantas points when you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases within the first 60 days
- 0% interest rate on balance transfers for 14 months
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance and extended warranty on purchases
- High standard annual fee of $149 p.a.
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2.5% of the closing balance or $50, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$35|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $5, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
How to apply
You can apply for the Macquarie Black Card with Qantas Points online by filling out a secure application form. Get started by checking that you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the details and documents you need to provide.
- Income. You must earn a minimum taxable income of $70,000 p.a.
- New cardholder. The 20,000 bonus Qantas Points offer is only available to new applicants. You also won't be eligible if you have applied for a credit card as part of a Macquarie home loan package.
- Residency status. Only permanent residents of Australia can apply.
- Credit history. You need to have a good credit history to receive approval.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, phone number, residential address, residential status and relationship status. You also need to provide proof of ID, such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Frequent flyer number. You need to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership details to earn Qantas Points with this card. If you're not an existing member, you can get complimentary membership with this card when you apply via qantas.com/joinffmacquarie.
- Employment details. This covers your salary, job title, length of employment and your employers contact details. You may also need to provide documents that verify these details, such as recent payslips or your accountant's contact information.
- Financial details. This includes any savings, shares or other assets, as well as existing loans, cards and debts. You also need to give an estimate of your regular household expenses, including rent or mortgage payments, power bills and groceries.
- 20,000 bonus Qantas Points. If you're a new cardholder, you can collect a bonus 20,000 Qantas Points when you spend $2,000 in the first 60 days from card approval. That's enough for a return economy flight between Melbourne and Canberra (16,000 points) or a one-way economy flight between Perth and Sydney (18,000 points).
- 0% p.a. balance transfer offer. If you want to pay off existing card debt or consolidate your credit card accounts, this card offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 14 months from card approval. Note that you can only request balance transfers from cards not issued by Macquarie. At the end of the introductory period, a 20.7% p.a. interest rate applies to any balance remaining from the transfer. Note that balance transfers are not eligible for interest-free days.
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. Receive 1 Qantas point per dollar spent on eligible purchases, up to $4,000 per statement period, then 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 for the remainder of the statement period. Eligible purchases cover most everyday spending – including on dining, petrol and supermarket shopping. Transactions that are not eligible include cash advances, balance transfers and account fees and charges.
- Additional 1 point per $1 with Qantas. Earn an additional 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on Qantas flights with a QF flight number, Qantas Frequent Flyer membership fees and Qantas Club membership fees when you pay directly through Qantas Australia.
- Overseas airport lounge access. Relax before your next flight with access to over 750 airport lounges around the world, regardless of the class of travel or airline you're flying with. This offer excludes airport lounges in Australia and attracts service charges. For lounge options and pricing, call the 24/7 Concierge Service on +61 2 9273 2705.
- Discounted limousine travel. Get 20% off limousine transfers when you book through the concierge service (discount capped at $100 per year).
- Complimentary insurance. With this card you get complimentary overseas travel insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, transport accident insurance, purchase security insurance and a global hire car excess waiver policy, well-suited for saving money and reducing hassle when travelling.
- 24/7 concierge service. This card's concierge service can help you with tasks such as booking airport lounges, flights and accommodation to making restaurant reservations and sourcing gifts. You can also arrange airport meet-and-greets, as well as fast-tracked transfers through immigration and security at participating airports. Call the concierge on +61 2 9273 2705 to start planning your next trip, event or special request.
- Contactless payments. Use your eligible smartphone to tap and pay when you link your account with Apple Pay or Google Pay. You can also make contactless payments with your fitness tracker through Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Macquarie Black Qantas credit card charges an annual fee of $149 p.a.
- Additional cardholders. If you want to share this account with someone, you can request up to 4 additional cards with $0 additional cardholder fees.
- Purchase rate. This card has a 20.7% p.a. interest rate for purchases, which is higher than the purchase rates on some other black credit cards.
- Interest-free days. If you pay the closing balance in full by the due date on your statement, you can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases made with this card. Note that you won't be eligible for interest-free days if you carry a balance transfer debt or if you use the card for cash advance transactions.
- Cash advances. If you use this card to withdraw cash or make any other cash advance transactions, a fee of $5 or 3% of the value of the transaction, whichever is the greater. You'll also attract the cash advance interest rate of 20.7% p.a. from the time the transaction is made.
- Security features. This card offers 24/7 online account monitoring and Visa's Zero Liability policy for fraudulent transactions.