Live eftpos black: Rewards and mobile payment service
Accept credit card payments on the go and earn Qantas Points for your business with Live eftpos black.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
This card payment service for businesses provides you with a small mobile terminal you can use to process payments from EFTPOS cards as well as Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Diners Club cards. It also offers Qantas Points for each $1 that’s transacted through the device, a 24/7 member portal and a dedicated relationship manager.
How does Live eftpos black work?
The Live eftpos black wireless terminal is a small, handheld device that you can use to accept card payments on the go. This type of mobile payment solution has become popular with business owners in a variety of industries, including hospitality, delivery, transportation and market vendors. Other key details of this system include:
- Card acceptance. The Live eftpos black wireless device accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club and debit card transactions.
- Network coverage. This device comes with a SIM card that is compatible with Telstra, Optus and Vodafone networks and can switch between them to offer the strongest wireless signal possible based on your location.
- Online member portal. The MyWeb portal gives you access to your transaction history, searchable statements and an ordering service for accessories such as paper rolls. It also allows you to export your statements as PDF files, or directly to Microsoft Excel.
- Security. Live eftpos devices offer secure payment processing and card payment detail storage. These devices are Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) compliant, approved by the Australian Payments Clearing Association (APCA), and bank certified. This means they meet the guidelines required to prevent payment fraud.
- Support. Live eftpos members get access to a relationship manager who can help with any questions you have about the service. You can also ask for suggestions on how to improve your business performance and receive complimentary Live group products that may suit your business needs.
How can I earn Qantas Points through Live eftpos black?
Live eftpos black allows you to earn Qantas Points through the Qantas Business Rewards program. To get started, you need to sign up to this corporate frequent flyer program and then link your membership details to your Live eftpos black account.
After that, you’ll earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 (including GST) for card payments you processed through the Live eftpos black terminal, with no points cap. Points are then credited to your Qantas Business Rewards account within 60 days of each end-of-month merchant statement from Live eftpos black.
Using Qantas Points from a Qantas Business Rewards account
When you have earned at least 3,000 Qantas Points through your Qantas Business Rewards account, you can transfer them to a personal Qantas Frequent Flyer account of your choosing. So, the Qantas Points you earn through Live eftpos black can go directly to your own Qantas Frequent Flyer account, or to any of your employees’ or clients’ accounts.
How much does Live eftpos black cost?
There are no set-up fees for Live eftpos black. However, there’s a monthly rental fee of $49 for the device and also a processing fee for each transaction. The processing fees are based on the type of card used, as follows:
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Diners Club: 2.355% + GST
- Debit (EFTPOS): 2.00% +GST
A rental fee may also apply depending on your business situation. Contact Live eftpos black on 1800 861 321 for specific details.
Comparing Live eftpos black with other options
If you’re on the market for a card payment solution for your business, make sure you keep these factors in mind to decide if Live eftpos black is right for you:
- What are the costs? Some EFTPOS and mobile card machines don’t charge a monthly fee, while others may have set up costs or annual charges. The percentage charged for each card transaction can also vary, with some offering lower fees than those of Live eftpos black. Make sure you weigh up all of these details based on what your business can afford.
- How many card transactions do you process? The more card payments you process, the more value you can get from Live eftpos black.
- What type of cards do your customers use? Different percentage charges apply based on the type of card transaction, with debit cards receiving the lowest rate of 2% (plus GST) and Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Diners Club transactions costing 2.355% of the total transaction (plus GST). You can use these rates to work out how much value you’ll get from earning Qantas Points.
- Do you need a wireless device for your payments? Card payment devices you can take with you to process payments usually have higher costs that those that are set in a fixed location. So, if you only process card payments from a fixed location, such as a cash register or reception desk, then a fixed-line eftpos device may be more cost-effective.
- Do you plan on applying a surcharge? Businesses are entitled to apply a surcharge for accepting card payments. However, there are strict requirements that limit surcharges to the amount it costs you to accept card payments. This could vary slightly based on the payment processing service, device and type of card used, so make sure you weigh up these details and consider whether it could affect your relationships with customers.
Live eftpos black is currently the only card payment service that offers businesses Qantas Points per $1 transacted. But it’s important to look at the costs of the service and your current volume of card payments to decide if it’s the right option for your business.
Pictures: ShutterstockBack to top
More guides on Finder
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Credit Card – Existing Customer Offer
Earn Altitude rewards with Westpac’s Altitude Platinum credit card, while enjoying the benefits and privileges of platinum status.
Square vs PayPal
Both Square and PayPal are popular choices, but which payment processor is best for your business needs?
Defence Bank Foundation Credit Card
This card gives you a way to support a program that matches rescue dogs with veterans in need and enjoy a low interest rate on all your spending.
Diners Club Business Card
The Diners Club Business Card can be used to earn points per $1 with over 35 million merchants – including Officeworks, Qantas and Woolworths.
Frequent Flyer Diners Club card
Diners Club isn’t as widely accepted as other cards, but you can still earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 at major retailers with this card.
Credit cards vs buy now pay later
Both buy now pay later plans and credit cards give you ways to pay off purchases over time – here's how they compare.
Square Payments & Payroll review Australia
Square offers simple ways for businesses to accept card payments, along with a range of other services including payroll.
QuickBooks Inventory Management
QuickBooks helps you manage your accounts, including sending invoices, tracking expenses, managing payroll and even completing your tax.
Qantas Store Winter Warmers bonus points offers, ranked
Earn up to 8 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
Ask an Expert