HSBC Instant Savings membership program
Save on your dining, travel, entertainment and other everyday spending with this HSBC credit card perk.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
HSBC Instant Savings is a credit card benefit that gives you access to travel, shopping, dining and lifestyle deals through Frequent Values by Entertainment Publications. You can use these offers to save between 5% to 50% on your credit card spending with thousands of participating businesses in Australia and New Zealand.
Use this guide to learn more about HSBC Instant Savings and Frequent Values, including how to sign up once you have an HSBC credit card. We also go through how to use the app to view offers and redeem them, as well as some of the brands that offer deals with this service.
What is Frequent Values?
Frequent Values is a program run by Entertainment Publications. If you’ve ever bought or heard of the Entertainment Book, this is the same publisher and runs along similar lines. Basically, Frequent Values offers thousands of different promotions with companies in Australia and overseas. Partners include Coles, Woolworths, David Jones, Hoyts, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Emirates, InterContinental Hotels and Mantra Hotels.
The offers vary depending on the partner and your location but some of the savings you could make as a member include:
- Up to 5% off at supermarkets and petrol stations
- Up to 10% off at department stores
- 20% off dining at participating venues in Australia (up to $25 per bill)
- Up to 50% off family activities and lifestyle purchases
- Up to 50% off hotels around the world
How can I get access to Frequent Values with my HSBC credit card?
This service is linked to HSBC Instant Savings, a perk you can access when you have a HSBC credit card. If you’re new to HSBC you’ll need to activate your credit card before you can get access to the service.
You’ll then be sent a welcome email that includes your membership details, as well as a link to the program’s mobile app. Or, if you’re an existing HSBC cardholder, keep an eye out for an email inviting you to activate your HSBC Instant Savings account. Then you’re ready to sign up to the service.
Steps to register for HSBC Instant Savings and Frequent Values by Entertainment Publications
- Download the Frequent Values app for HSBC Instant Savings members or click on the link to the Frequent Values website. Both of these options are shown in your email from HSBC.
- Enter the client code, membership number and temporary password provided in the email.
- Provide your name and contact details, along with a secure password. Then follow the prompts to complete your registration.
Note that you must activate your account within three months from when the email was sent. After that, the temporary password and activation details will no longer work.
How to use Frequent Values offers with a HSBC credit card
Once you’re registered for the service through HSBC Instant Savings, you can browse the Frequent Values website and app to see the different offers available. You can search by category (eg dining, shopping, hotels, travel), by location or by typing in the details of a company or service you’re interested in.
Once you have found an offer that you like, simply click on the offer to view full details (you’ll need to be logged in first). In general, there are two main ways you’ll redeem offers:
- In person. For example, if you want to get 20% off your dining bill at a participating restaurant, you would let the staff know you have a Frequent Values offer. When you’re ready to settle the bill, go to the offer page on your phone, click “Redeem this offer” and then show the confirmation screen to the staff member. The staff member can then apply the discount to your bill before you pay it.
- Online. If you’re redeeming an offer for a hotel discount, flight discount or eGift card, it’s simply a matter of following the prompts through the app or online membership portal. For example, if you wanted to redeem a flight discount offer, you could be taken to a secure online portal where you can access the exclusive prices or offers available.
You can redeem as many offers as you like through Frequent Values. Just remember to check the terms and conditions for each offer to make sure there are no restrictions, such as on weekends or at other peak periods.
Frequent Values offers you thousands of ways to save on travel, luxuries and everyday shopping. While you can get complimentary membership with an HSBC credit card, you’ll only really get value out of this service if you actually browse and redeem offers. So make sure you weigh this value against the other features and costs of your card to decide if it will work for you.
Compare HSBC credit cards
Pictures: ShutterstockBack to top
More guides on Finder
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 4: Make your savings and investments work harder for you
This is the final week of our 4-week financial fitness challenge, where we help you understand your savings, super and investments.
Citi Rewards Card – Exclusive Offer
Take advantage of a 0% balance transfer offer for 30 months and a discounted annual fee for the first year with this exclusive Citi Rewards credit card offer.
Save $120 a year with Telstra’s NBN 50 plan: Is it better than the rest?
How does Telstra’s discounted NBN 50 plan stack up to its competitors?
Want to make sure CatholicMatch is right for you? Find out everything there is to know right here.
eHarmony | What’s the popular online dating site like?
Here’s everything you need to know about the global matchmaking site eHarmony and how to use it to find love.
LG Velvet review
LG's redefined mission to provide a near-premium phone experience at a more affordable price is off to a good start, but there's room for improvement, especially in the camera arena.
The Click Frenzy™ Julove 2020 travel deals to snap up
Score up to 40% off hotel stays, 30% off flights, 25% off holiday parks, 20% off attraction passes and so much more in the 2020 Julove sale.
8 personal finance habits to get more out of life
SPONSORED: Hacks to help you spend less time thinking about your money and more time enjoying it.
How do we pick the top money transfer services?
Our top picks are our selection of the best money transfer services, based on our extensive research and market experience. Here's how we choose them.
PlayStation 5 Guide: Best games, accessories, specs, price, features, news
Sony's next-generation PlayStation console is coming to Australia; here are all the details.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.