Earn Honors Points on everyday purchases, save with up to 55 interest-free days and save on interest with 2.99% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months.
Are you a regular Hilton customer? If so, reward your loyalty with bonus Hilton Honors Rewards every time you make a purchase at the hotel with your Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card. Plus if you repay your balance in full each month, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days. Otherwise, if you're struggling to repay a high interest debt, you can start consolidating faster with 2.99% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months.
|Product Name||Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card|
|Rewards Program||Hilton Honors|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||2.99% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (20.7% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.70% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$295 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.95% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$295 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2.5% of the total balance or $50, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5 or 3% of the value of the transaction, whichever is the greater|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$49|
|Rewards Program||Hilton Honors|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||4|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card review
If you're looking for a card that earns rewards as you spend while saving on interest costs, the Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card could be the right one for you. You can earn points on everyday purchases, plus bonus points on purchases made with Hilton Hotels and its partners.
If you repay your balance before the end of the statement period, you can also save on interest charges, with up to 55 interest-free days. Transfer your high interest balance to the Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card and you could repay your debt faster without the cost of interest with the 2.99% p.a. balance transfer offer for 12 months. Plus, access to a 24/7 concierge service and complimentary travel insurance will give you some extra convenience and peace of mind.
Benefits of the Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card
- Automatic Honors Gold status. As the primary cardholder, fast-track straight to Honors Gold status which is worth 75,000 Honors Base Points. Gold elite status lets you enjoy 25% bonus on all Honors Base Points earned, receive the 5th night free on Standard Room Reward stays of 5 nights or more, access guaranteed discounts and complimentary in-room internet access at participating hotels.
- Annual fee waiver. If you apply and are approved, the annual fee for both the primary cardholder and additional cardholder, usually $295 p.a. and $49 p.a. respectively, will be waived. This means you will pay no annual fees for the life of the card.
- Hilton Honors Rewards. If you use your credit card in any of the resorts or hotels under the Hilton portfolio, you’ll earn a bonus 4 Honors Bonus Points with the rewards program. You’ll earn 1 Honors Bonus Point per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases. If you are not a member of the Honors Reward Program, you can join when you apply for your credit card.
- Honors Diamond status upgrade. Available to primary cardholders, enjoy the highest Hilton membership level when you spend $40,000 per year. Honors Diamond status lets you enjoy 50% bonus on all Base Points earned, guaranteed room with a reservation made at last 48 hours prior to arrival and complimentary continental breakfast at participating hotels.
- Reward weekend night certificates. Let your spending take you away and earn a reward weekend night certificate when you spend $12,000 per year. The certificate is valid at over 4,300 hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio for one weekend night standard accommodation of double occupancy, subject to availability. Also earn an additional reward weekend night certificate when you spend $2,000 in the first three months from card approval.
- Balance transfer offer. Get 2.99% p.a. for 12 months when you transfer your credit card balances to the Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card. The balance transfer interest rate will revert to the standard purchase rate of 20.7% p.a. once the promotion has ended.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. If you use your Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card to pay for the full amount of your return overseas travel ticket, you'll receive complimentary travel insurance for yourself and your spouse or dependent children that are travelling with you. This travel insurance policy is valid for 3 months.
- Eligible for Google Pay. Simply place your compatible Android device near a contactless terminal at checkout for a fast and easy way of making purchases. Learn more here.
Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card features
- Annual fee. This credit card attracts a standard annual fee of $295. However, primary and additional cardholders who apply and get approved can take advantage of $0 annual fee for the life of the card.
- Interest rates. This card charges 20.7% p.a. on purchases and 21.95% p.a. on cash advances.
- 24/7 Complimentary Concierge Service. Enjoy exclusive access to the platinum concierge service offering round-the-clock professional service to organise the goods and services you need, whether it be flights, tickets to a show/ game or a private yacht.
- Up to 55 interest-free days. Repay your balance in full (including balance transfers) before the end of the statement period and you’ll receive up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
How to apply for the Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card
Before you apply for this card, make sure you've met the eligibility requirements and organised the necessary documents:
- The age limit is 18 years old.
- Applicants must be permanent Australian residents.
- Applicants must have good credit rating.
- Applicant must earn a taxable income of at least $30,000 p.a.
- Gross annual income
- Australian driver’s license number (if available)
- Address and contact information of current employer
- Contact information of accountant if retired or self-employed
- Monthly expenses
The Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card offers a range of benefits and useful features. But as it's not the only rewards credit card on the market, you'll benefit from comparing your options before you apply.Back to top