Community First Credit Union Credit Cards
Keep credit card interest costs to a minimum with a low standard variable interest rate of 8.99% p.a.
Community First Credit Union offers two low rate credit cards. With promotional low rates, competitive annual fees and interest-free days, these cards could suit cardholders who want to reduce their card costs. While both cards offer similar features, the McGrath Pink Visa also donates 50% ($20) of the annual fee to fund McGrath Breast Care Nurses in communities across Australia.
You can compare your Community First Credit Union credit card options below.
Comparison of Community First Credit Union credit cards
Types of credit card products from Community First Credit Union
Low rate credit cards
Both of the Community First Credit Union cards can be categorised as low rate credit cards. The McGrath Pink Visa and Community First Low Rate Credit Card both offer a competitive rate of 8.99% p.a. on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances. Cardholders can also cut costs with up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. Both cards have an annual fee of $40.
Benefits of banking with Community First Credit Union
Support the McGrath Foundation
The McGrath Pink Visa Card is one of the few credit cards on the market that is linked with a charity. When you use the McGrath Pink Visa, half of your annual fee ($20) will be donated to the McGrath Foundation each year.
Cardholders can use the card for cash advances or retail purchases wherever Visa cards are accepted.
Single interest rate
Interest rates and cash advance rates are usually different, but cardholders will receive the same competitive interest rate on all transactions made with a Community Union Credit Card. This helps in easy management of repayments and also ensures that customers are not charged exorbitant rates on cash advances.
As Visa products, these cards can be used anywhere Visa is accepted worldwide. It also means that both cards are payWave enabled for contactless payments for up to $100.
Low annual fee
These cards have a low annual fee of $40.
Cardholders can request for an additional card at no extra cost.
How to apply for a Community First Credit Union credit card
You can apply for a Community First Credit Union credit card online. Make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and prepare the necessary information before you apply:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Resident. You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- Credit rating. You must not have a history of debt defaults and must not be bankrupt.
Required documents and information
- Personal details. You need to provide your name, email address, phone number, marital status, current and previous address and date of birth.
- Income details. You need to show your income sources.
- Asset details. Details of assets including real estate, vehicle, savings and investment have to be provided.
- Expense details. Details about expenses are needed. This also includes existing loans, credit cards, store cards and other debt details.
Community First Credit Union offers two low rate options that could suit many Australian cardholders. As there are many other low rate products on the market, though, it's wise to compare your options before you apply.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.