Take advantage of 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 24 months, a reduced annual fee of $49 in the first year, and a competitive rewards program with the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card.
No longer offered in the market
The Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card – Online Offer is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Citi credit cards here.
The Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card offers a range of premium features, including rewards that can also be converted to frequent flyer points, complimentary insurance covers and the ability to balance transfer personal loan debt. Apply for this card online and you can get an introductory 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for the first 24 months.
In addition to this competitive balance transfer offer, this card gives you access to perks including up to 6 months complimentary international travel insurance and access to the Citibank Dining Program. It has a reduced annual fee of $49 in the first year ($149 p.a. thereafter).
Benefits of the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card
- Long-term balance transfer offer. Apply for the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card online to get a 0% p.a. interest rate for 24 months on balances transferred. You must elect to transfer a balance at the time you apply for the credit card to be eligible for this offer. Do take note that a 1.5% balance transfer fee applies. At the end of the 24-month introductory period, any unpaid balance from the balance transfer promotional period will be charged at the cash advance rate of interest, currently 21.74% p.a.
- Transfer personal loan debt. Citi is one of the few providers that allow you to transfer the balance of a personal loan to a credit card. Line of credit accounts can also be included in a balance transfer to the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card.
- First year annual fee discount. The Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card charges a reduced annual fee of $49 for the first year ($149 p.a. thereafter).
- Earn Citi Reward Points. This card offers 1 Citi reward Point per dollar spent for eligible domestic and international spend. There is a domestic spend points cap of $10,000 per statement period, but no cap for eligible international spend. Points can be redeemed for a variety of merchandise or experiences, converted to frequent flyer miles with Emirates Skyward Miles, Velocity Frequent Flyer and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and more.
- Pay with Points. You can choose to redeem your points for eligible purchases and get a statement credit back on your account, or choose to convert them to cashback.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Purchase your overseas travel tickets with this card and you and your family can be covered for medical expenses, trip cancellation due to unexpected circumstances, loss or theft of personal items and more.
- Other complimentary insurances. This card also gives you access to purchase protection insurance that protects you against loss, theft or damage to a covered item purchased with the card. You'll also get an extended warranty cover for eligible items and a guaranteed pricing scheme that refunds the difference in price if you use the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card to purchase an eligible item and you see it on sale for less somewhere else.
- Mobile payment technology. With the Samsung Pay and Apple Pay mobile apps, you can now easily make payments by simply tapping your phone at the contactless terminal.
Features of the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card
Here are the features you should consider when looking at the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card.
- Balance transfer limit. Citi allows you to transfer up to 80% of your credit limit. For example, if you apply for the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card, and you're approved for a credit limit of $10,000, you can transfer up to $8,000 from other cards and accounts.
- Purchase rate. This card has a standard variable purchase rate of 20.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. You will not get interest-free days while you carry debt from a balance transfer.
- Cash advance rate. This card has a standard variable cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. Note that this rate will also apply to any balance transfer amount that remains at the end of the balance transfer introductory period.
- Additional cardholders. You can add up to 4 additional cardholders to the account for a $90 annual fee per additional card.
- Fraud protection. Citi utilises Fraudshield technology to monitor your account for any suspicious activity. Citi and Visa also offer zero liability for fraudulent transactions.
- Visa benefits. Access to Visa benefits like Visa Frontline Access, which gives you cheap seats to the hottest tickets in town. This account is also Visa PayWave enabled.
The Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card is a premium product that provides a competitive points earn rate on purchases and includes a long 0% p.a. balance transfer offer. However, the standard annual fee of $149 is higher than some other platinum cards, so make sure you compare a range of products to help you find an option that suits your needs.Back to top