Take advantage of 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 24 months, a reduced annual fee of $49 in the first year and complimentary insurances with the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card.
The Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card offers a range of premium features, including rewards, complimentary extras and introductory offers for new customers. Apply for this card before the 30 April 2017 and you can get an introductory 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 24 months.
In addition to this competitive balance transfer offer, this card gives you access to perks including up to 6 months complimentary international travel insurance, a personal concierge service and access to the Citi Dining Program. It has a reduced annual fee of $49 in the first year ($149 p.a. thereafter).
|Product Name||Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||Citi Rewards Program|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 24 months with 1.5% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||30 April 2017|
|Annual fee||$49 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($149 p.a. thereafter)|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $30 whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance Cover||6 months|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement|
Credit rating requirement is provided only as a guide. Understanding your credit file helps you make more informed decisions in regards to your finances. Learn more about what this means here.
|Min Credit Limit||$6,000|
|Max Credit Limit||$100,000|
|Annual Fee||$49 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($149 p.a. thereafter)|
|Minimum Repayment||2% or $30 whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Over Limit Fee||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee||3.5% of transaction amount or $3.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)||3.4% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$90 p.a.|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
|Internet Banking Transfers||Yes|
- Enjoy a reduced annual fee of $49 in the first year, which reverts back to the standard $149 p.a. thereafter.
- Benefit from a balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 24 months.
- This card comes with a personal budgeting tool that allows you to keep track of purchases and plan your spending.
- You can stay protected with a complimentary travel insurance.
- Even for a platinum credit card, an annual fee of $149 is fairly high.
- The balance transfer offer comes with a 1.5% fee.
- Additional cardholders come at a cost of $90 each.
- When the balance transfer period expires, the interest charged on any outstanding balance will be charged at the higher, cash advance rate of interest.
|Rewards Program||Citi Rewards Program|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC)||1.25|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX)||0|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||12,500|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||N/A|
Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card review
The Citi Rewards Platinum is a premium product that offers value through both introductory and ongoing features. This card earns 1.25 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. These points can then be redeemed for a wide range of rewards through the Citi Rewards Program, including travel, merchandise, cash back and frequent flyer points.
In addition to earning points, this card offers complimentary international travel insurance and purchase protection insurance, a personal concierge service and exclusive entertainment and shopping offers. It also offers a reduced annual fee of $49 in the first year ($149 p.a. thereafter).
Benefits of the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card
- 0% p.a. for 24 months balance transfer offer. Apply for the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card before 30 April 2017 to get 0% p.a. for 24 months on balances transferred. You must elect to transfer a balance at the time you apply for the credit card to be eligible for this offer. Do take note that a 1.5% balance transfer fee applies. At the end of the 24-month introductory period, any unpaid balance from the balance transfer promotional period will be charged at the cash advance rate of interest, currently 21.74% p.a.
- Transfer personal loan debt. Citi is one of the few providers that allow you to transfer the balance of a personal loan to a credit card. Line of credit accounts can also be included in a balance transfer to the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card.
- Earn Citi Reward Points. This card offers 1.25 Citi Reward Points per dollar spent for domestic and international purchases. There is a domestic points cap of $10,000 per statement period (making the annual cap of 150,000 points), but no cap for international purchases. Note that a currency conversion fee applies to all transactions made overseas or with an international retailer online.
- Eligible for Samsung Pay. With the Samsung Pay smartphone app, you can now easily make payments by simply tapping your phone on the contactless terminal.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Purchase your overseas travel tickets with this card and you and your family may be covered for medical expenses, trip cancellation due to unexpected circumstances, loss or theft of personal items and more.
- Other complimentary insurances. This card also gives you access to purchase protection insurance that protects you against loss, theft or damage to a covered item purchased with the card. You'll also get an extended warranty cover for eligible items and a guaranteed pricing scheme that refunds the difference in price if you use the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card to purchase an eligible item and you see it on sale for less somewhere else. Refer to the complimentary insurance terms and conditions documents on the Citi website for full eligibility requirements and terms and conditions of these insurance policies.
Features of the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card
Here are the features you should consider when looking at the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card.
- Balance transfer limit. Citi allows you to transfer up to 80% of your credit limit. For example, if you apply for the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card, and you’re approved for a credit limit of $10,000, you can transfer up to $8,000 from other cards and accounts.
- Annual fee. The Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card charges a reduced annual fee of $49 for the first year ($149 p.a. thereafter).
- Purchase rate. This card has a standard variable purchase rate of 20.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Cash advance rate. This card has a standard variable cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. Note that this rate will also apply to any balance transfer amount that remains at the end of the balance transfer introductory period.
- Additional cardholders. You can add up to 4 additional cardholders to the account for a $90 annual fee per additional card.
- Fraud protection. Citi utilises Fraudshield technology to monitor your account for any suspicious activity. Citi and Visa also offer zero liability for fraudulent transactions.
- Visa benefits. Access to Visa benefits like Visa Frontline Access, which gives you cheap seats to the hottest tickets in town. This account is also Visa PayWave enabled.
How to apply for the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card
If you would like to apply for the Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card, you can do so using the "Go to Site" button on this page. The application should only take 10 – 15 minutes to complete and Citi will contact you to verify the status of your application within moments of submitting the online form. Please refer to the following eligibility criteria before you apply:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have a good credit rating.
- You must earn more than $35,000 p.a.
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
If you meet the criteria for this card, you can start the application process. Make sure you have the following details and documents handy:
- Personal information. You have to provide your contact details, residential address, email address and driver's licence number.
- Employment information. You'll need to provide proof of employment such as payslips. You'll also be required to submit your employer’s details, or your accountant’s details if you're self-employed.
- Financial information. You have to provide proof of assets and liabilities. As well as your primary income, this could include income from any investments or shares, as well as savings accounts. You'll also need to provide details of any existing debts and loans such as mortgages, plus regular expenses such as rent, groceries and household bills.
The Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card is a premium product that provides a competitive points earn rate on purchases and includes a long 0% p.a. balance transfer offer. However, the standard annual fee of $149 is higher than some other platinum cards, so make sure you compare a range of products to help you find an option that suits your needs.Back to top