Citi Clear Platinum cardholders can enjoy a low purchase rate of 14.99% p.a., up to 55 interest-free days on purchases and other platinum features.
Citi's low rate option, the Clear Platinum card combines a purchase rate of 14.99% p.a. with platinum features including Visa Concierge services, complimentary purchase insurance cover and transit accident insurance at an annual fee of $99.
The features and benefits on this card are quite attractive when considering the minimal cost associated with the card. Customers can also enjoy more purchasing power with a high credit limit of up to $100,000.
|Product Name||Citi Clear Platinum|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||14.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||3.5% of transaction amount|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- A platinum credit card which offers a low interest rate of 14.99% p.a. on purchases
- Access to Platinum Visa benefits for a low annual fee of just $99
- Enjoy Citibank Dining Program that lets you enjoy a free bottle of wine from award-winning wineries every time you dine at a participating restaurant and pay with your Citi card.
- This credit card does not currently offer any introductory rates on purchases and balance transfers.
Citi Clear Platinum review
This card provides offers premium features like transit accident and purchase cover insurance and a 24/7 concierge while keeping the annual fee and purchase interest rate at a minimum. Unlike many other platinum cards, this card doesn’t come with a rewards program or complimentary travel insurance, which could be a downfall for frequent travellers.
Benefits of the Citi Clear Platinum card
The Citi Clear Platinum card has a nice collection of benefits from low rates, interest-free days to platinum benefits. Some of the main benefits of this card are:
- Low purchase rate. This card offers a competitive standard purchase rate of 14.99% p.a.
- Complimentary insurance. Cardholders can enjoy peace of mind when covered by complimentary insurances including transit accident insurance, purchase cover insurance, extended warranty insurance and guaranteed pricing scheme.
- Interest-free period. If you pay your balance in full, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days are provided on this card.
- Platinum benefits. Platinum benefits include 24-hour concierge service, Citibank Dining Program, Citi World Privileges, Visa Platinum privileges and more.
- Citibank Dining Program. The Citibank Dining Program lets you enjoy a free bottle of wine from award-winning wineries every time you dine at a participating restaurant and pay with your Citi card.
- Eligible for Samsung Pay. Citi Clear Platinum now allows you to use your qualifying Samsung device to make contactless payments. Learn more here.
Features of Citi Clear Platinum card
Some of the Citi Clear Platinum credit card competitive features include:
- Annual fee. This card attracts an annual fee of $99.
- PayWave. This contactless technology allows cardholders to complete purchases up to $100 by tapping their card at a PayWave terminal without the hassle of a PIN or signature.
- Additional cards. Customers can get 4 additional cards at no extra cost.
- Higher credit limit. Much higher than your general no-frills card, customers can get credit limit up to $100,000 depending on their individual application.
How to apply for the Citi Clear Platinum credit card
If you’re eligible and feel the Citi Clear Platinum Visa is the right card for you, you can find out more and apply by completing the secure online application form and by filling out your details. A new application should take between 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have a good credit rating
- Be a permanent Australian resident
- Earn a minimum taxable annual income of $35,000
- You will need to provide an email address to start the application
- Personal details, including your driver's license number
- Contact details, including address, phone numbers and email address
- Employment details, including time spent at your current job and your employer’s contact details and address
- Details of your income and expenditure, including recurring expenses such as rent, and school fees
- Details regarding any existing credit cards you own
- The credit limit you wish to apply for
The Citi Clear Platinum card could be a valuable way to try platinum features for a minimal cost. As this is not the only low rate platinum card on the market, applicants should compare their options to confirm which card is best for them.