Save on credit card costs with an introductory interest rate on purchases and balance transfers with the Citi Clear Platinum Credit Card.
The Citi Clear Platinum Credit card offers beneficial features for many types of cardholders. If you have some purchases in mind, you could save on interest with interest on purchases for the first months. Otherwise, if you're looking to consolidate a high-interest debt, you can avoid interest while paying down your balance with a 21.74% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for the first months. Plus, with complimentary insurances, the Citi Dining Rewards program and up to 55 interest-free days, this card offers many competitive benefits.
|Product Name||Citi Clear Platinum|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||14.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||3.5% of transaction amount|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- A platinum credit card which offers a low interest rate of 14.99% p.a. on purchases
- Access to Platinum Visa benefits for a low annual fee of just $99
- Enjoy Citibank Dining Program that lets you enjoy a free bottle of wine from award-winning wineries every time you dine at a participating restaurant and pay with your Citi card.
- This credit card does not currently offer any introductory rates on purchases and balance transfers.
Citi Clear Platinum Credit Card review
The Citi Clear Platinum Credit Card offers cardholders platinum features without the costs that come with most high-end cards. With a promotional interest rate for the first months, you could use the card to make purchases without clocking up interest. Otherwise, if you're looking to take control of an existing debt, you could take advantage of the 21.74% p.a. interest rate for the first months. Plus with complimentary travel insurance, a personal budgeting tool to track your spending and free wine every time you dine with the Citibank Dining Program, there are plenty of ways to get extra value from the Citi Clear Platinum Credit Card.
Benefits of Being a Citi Clear Platinum Credit Card
- Interest free purchases promotion. This credit card allows you to enjoy interest rate on purchases for the first months, which then reverts back to a low variable rate of 14.99% p.a. thereafter.
- 0% balance transfer offer. If you're struggling to repay a high interest debt, you can take advantage of the 21.74% p.a. on balance transfers for the first months. Once the period is over though, the remaining balance will start attracting the 21.74% p.a. cash advance rate.
- Complimentary insurances. When you get this card you also get Transit Accident Insurance, Purchase Cover Insurance and Extended Warranty Insurance. In addition, you can also make use of the card’s Guaranteed Pricing Scheme.
- Rewards. While this credit card does not give you the ability to earn reward points, it still rewards you for being a cardholder. As part of the Citibank Dining Program you stand to receive a free bottle of wine every time you dine. You can also enjoy discounted movie tickets, savings of up to 25% off on offers via Citi World Privileges, as well as all the benefits that come with being a Visa Platinum cardholder.
Features of the Citi Clear Platinum Credit Card
- Interest rate. Purchases don't attract any interest for the first months, after which the purchase rate reverts to a low variable rate of 14.99% p.a. Same goes with balance transfer transactions, but you then have to pay the cash advance rate at 21.74% p.a. on any leftover balance.
- Annual fee. This credit card attracts an annual fee of $99.
- Up to 55 interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full each month, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to four additional cardholders for no extra annual fees.
- Cash advance fee. If you use the card for cash advances, such as ATM withdrawals, you'll be charged a fee of 3.5% of transaction amount and immediately start collecting a cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a.
- Security. This card is Fraudshield protected. This ensures that Citi will call you if it detects any irregular transactions, even if it requires calling you while you are overseas. All you have to do is provide a number where the bank can reach you. Credit Repayment Protection is optional.
How to apply for the Citi Clear Platinum Credit Card
If you've compared your options and decided this card is right for you, you can click the ‘Go to site’ button to submit an online application. To apply, you have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are over 18 years old.
- You have a good credit rating.
- You are a permanent Australian resident.
- You earn a minimum of $35,000 p.a.
To complete the application process you have to submit a range of information for the bank to verify your credentials. You’ll need to supply:
- You'll need to provide proof of identification such as your drivers licence or birth certificate
- Contact details including your phone number and email address
- Employment-related information, including your employer's contact details and your primary occupation
- Gross income and monthly expenses
- Self-employed individuals have to submit the name of an accountant, an accounting firm and a phone number
- If opting for a balance transfer, you'll need to provide information about your existing account including the institution you're transferring from and the size of the balance
While the Citi Clear Platinum Credit Card offers many competitive features, it isn't the only platinum card on the market. Make sure to compare your options before applying for a card to find the right choice for you.Back to top