Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on everyday purchases, save with complimentary travel insurances and enjoy up to 55 interest-free days with the Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa.
Bank Australia's Platinum Rewards Credit Card offers 0.75 Qantas Points for every $1 you spend on eligible purchases. This card comes with complimentary travel insurances which allows you to travel with peace of mind. It also offers up to 55 interest-free days when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
|Product Name||Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||18.24% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$189 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||18.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$189 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2.5% of closing statement or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$3.50|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$3.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$59|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.75|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||20,000|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||N/A|
Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card review
The Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa credit card is a frequent flyer product that offers a standard earn rate of 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases and 2 points per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia. It also offers complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership if you're not already signed up to the program, and a suite of platinum perks including travel insurance and Visa Platinum offers.
In addition to these benefits, the Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa has a standard variable interest rate of 18.24% p.a. and an annual fee of $189.
Benefits of the Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card
- Earn Qantas Points for your spending. When you make purchases on your card you'll earn 0.75 Qantas Points for every $1 spent. When you use your card for selected Qantas services and products, you'll earn 2 points per $1. Qantas Points are capped at 20,000 per month.
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. If you aren't already a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you can enjoy complimentary membership with Bank Australia, meaning a saving of $89.50. Additional cardholders are unable to apply for this feature.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. Receive complimentary travel insurance with Allianz Australia Insurance Limited/ AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd. In order to be eligible, you'll need to be an Australian resident and purchase at least 50% of the amount payable for the overseas travel (including accommodation arrangements) with your Platinum Rewards card. You, your partner and your dependent children will be covered as long as they are travelling with you for the entire journey. Refer to the Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance Information Booklet available on the Bank Australia website for more information.
- Visa Platinum. Enjoy access to exclusive shopping, dining, entertainment and travel offers and experiences through the Visa Platinum website.
- Mobile payments. This card is compatible with both Apple Pay and Android Pay mobile applications, which allows you to use your phone to make purchases in-store and online.
- Online purchase security with Visa Checkout. This service allows you to pay securely online with partnered merchants by entering a single username and password. Your Visa Checkout account will contain your card payment details, shipping/ billing address for faster and safer checkout.
Features of the Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $189.
- Additional cards. You can request an additional cardholder be added to your account for a fee of $59 per year.
- Interest rate. This card has a standard variable rate of 18.24% p.a. for both purchases and cash advances.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full each statement period you can take advantage of 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Cash advance fee. If you use your card to get money out at an ATM or for any other cash advance transaction, a fee of $5 per transaction will apply.
- Currency conversion fee. This card charges a fee worth 3% of each transaction made overseas or online in a foreign currency.
How to apply for the Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card
You can apply for the Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa online in around 15-20 minutes. Before you get started, check that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents to complete your application.
- Age. You must be over the age of 18.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- Credit history and income. You must have a regular income and you must not have been bankrupt.
If you meet the above criteria and are ready to apply, make sure you have the following information on hand:
- Personal information. This includes your full name, residential address, email address and contact number. If you aren't an existing Bank Australia customer, you'll also need to verify your identity online using your driver's licence, a Medicare card or passport.
- Employment information. This includes your employer's name and contact details, and the length of time you've been there.
- Financial information. This includes your salary information, as well as any other income you have from shares, rental property or anywhere else. You'll also need to inform Bank Australia of your existing loan balances, repayment amounts, as well as your credit card or overdraft limits.
The Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa allows you to earn Qantas Points for your spending and offers complimentary travel insurance. The standard interest rate of 18.24% p.a. and annual fee of $189 are competitive for a frequent flyer credit card, it's important to compare a range of options so that you can find a card that suits all your needs.Back to top