Get comprehensive cover for frequent travellers with American Express Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
Being a frequent traveller, you will have an intimate knowledge of the tricks of the trade of domestic and international travel. You will likely also become quite efficient in planning your trips - from coaxing your luggage into the size limits, picking the shortest check-in line and spotting the real mementos from those cheap knock-off souvenirs to lure in the tourists. Therefore, it is easy to think that every trip will be as simple as the last, because you’re not one of those novice jet-setters whose packed carry-on luggage they can’t lift over their head.
However, you should know better than anyone of the myriad of variables that can go wrong when you travel, no matter how savvy of a traveller you are. Even if you have been lucky enough not to have experienced them yourself, there could be a chance that your connecting flight was delayed, or your flight carrier had lost your luggage.
Receive a Quote for AMEX Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
Who Underwrites American Express Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
American Express Multi Trip Travel Insurance underwritten and issued by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited. Chubb is authorised to provide advice in relation to and deal in general insurance products and is an Australian financial services licensee.
It pays to be prepared for every overseas trip that you take, either for business or leisure, as there is no guarantee that it will always be smooth sailing. American Express multi-trip travel insurance is designed to protect you for the duration of all your journeys within a 12-month period, providing comprehensive cover should anything happen to you, your health, valuable items and many more.
What are the benefits of choosing this policy?
When you travel on a regular basis, you are dedicated to making your journeys easier and more enjoyable, so you have found ways to streamline just about every part of the process. You don’t really want to be held up with travel insurance applications and renewals each time you need to take off. This is why American Express offers an annual multi trip travel insurance policy to cover you for 12 months, during which you remain covered every time you travel and an unlimited number of journeys.
American Express multi-trip travel insurance is a comprehensive insurance policy without the hefty price tag. So, you are not missing out on any of the core features that are necessary and you are enjoying the value of having sufficient cover for you whenever you need it. With the American Express multi-trip travel insurance policy, there are two cover options that you can choose from - Australia domestic or worldwide.
American Express Multi-Trip - Australia Domestic
American Express multi trip travel insurance Australia Domestic will cover you for trips you take within Australia. This travel cover is also only available for individual travellers and no cover is available for any other person who may be travelling with you.
American Express Multi-Trip - Worldwide
You can also choose the worldwide cover option for your American Express multi-trip policy and you will be covered for unlimited journeys within a 12-month period. A maximum of 60 days for each journey is applicable. A trip can also be made up of both leisure and business components.
With American Express multi-trip travel insurance for worldwide destinations, you have the option to choose individual or family cover. With individual cover, there is no cover for any other person. By comparison, with family cover, your spouse/de-facto partner and dependents will be automatically covered when they travel with you.
What can I expect to be covered?
With American Express multi-trip travel insurance in place, it allows you to simply plan and head off to your next trip with peace of mind as you remain covered throughout the year.
There are a number of different features that you can benefit from your American Express multi-trip travel insurance policy:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits: If you cannot recover the cancellation fees and lost deposits for your travel plans, American Express will cover these expenses in the event of a cancelled journey.
- Overseas medical assistance and expenses: provides cover for an overseas medical emergency, hospitalisation or medical evacuation. Your American Express travel insurance policy will also pay for medical or hospital expenses you incur until you return to Australia.
- Additional expenses: Your travel insurance covers you for additional accommodation and travel expenses if you are unable to continue your journey because of illness or injury, for you and your travelling companion.
- Hospital cash allowance: Pays you $100 for every day you are hospitalised for more than 48 continuous hours overseas.
- Accidental death benefit: American Express will pay a benefit amount to your estate if you are injured on your journey and die as a result within 12 months, or you are presumed dead on your journey and your body is not found within 12 months.
- Permanent disability cover: American Express will provide a benefit payment if you are injured on your journey and become permanently disabled within 12 months of the injury.
- Loss of income: If you become disabled within 30 days of an injury you sustained while travelling, American Express will pay you $400 per person per week for up to 26 weeks as a replacement income.
- Travel documents and money: If your travel documents, credit cards, traveller’s cheques or cash are lost or stolen during your travel, American Express reimburses you for the replacement cost, as well as any loss due to the fraudulent use of your cards.
- Luggage and personal effects: Replaces your luggage or personal items new for old, with the option to cover specific items individually. American Express travel insurance also includes cover for delayed luggage and personal effects.
- Personal liability: Provides you with legal protection to pay compensation for the death or bodily injury and the physical loss or damage of property during your journey as the result of an accident, defending and settling any claim against you.
American Express also offers you the option to add extra cover such as, rental vehicle excess cover, specified luggage and personal effects cover, snow cover or golf cover, for an additional premium. When you purchase optional snow and/or golf cover, you will be automatically covered when you are travelling around Australia.
How much cover do I get?
The amount of cover that you will get with your American Express multi-trip travel insurance can be found from the following table:
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses|
|Additional travel and accommodation expenses|
|Hospital cash allowance|
|Accidental death||Not applicable|
|Travel documents, credit cards and travellers cheques|
|Theft of cash|
|Luggage and personal effects up to the replacement value (new for old)|
|Luggage and personal effects delay expenses|
|Travel delay expenses|
|Loss of Income||$400||Not applicable|
Available cover amount through American Express optional covers
With American Express multi-trip travel insurance cover for either Asia/Pacific or worldwide, you have access to the following optional covers:
|Rental vehicle excess|
|Own snow sport equipment|
|Snow sport equipment hire|
|Unused winter sports pack|
|Bad weather and avalanche closure|
|Own golf equipment|
|Golf equipment hire|
|Golf green fees|
*Information last checked as correct in February 2018 and is subject to change at anytime
Applying for American Express Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
To be eligible to apply for annual multi trip cover from American Express, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are aged 69 and under;
- You are an Australian resident;
- Applying and purchasing your cover prior to the commencement of your trip;
- Your journey starts and ends in Australia.
You can apply easily online or over-the-phone and you also get a complimentary i-TRAK tags when your American Express annual multi-trip policy is activated.