WorldCare travel insurance discount and coupons January 2021
Looking for a better deal on travel insurance? Compare discount codes and coupons from WorldCare.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Get your WorldCare travel insurance promo code
Current Travel Insurance Deals Available on finder.com.au
Popular Travel Insurance Deals - Coupons coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|4 Jan 2021||Get 25% Off World2Cover Travel Insurance||WW2****|
|4 Jan 2021||Save 5% on your travel insurance when you buy a duo policy with Fastcover||********|
Compare WorldCare Travel Insurance Products
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
How do I apply for cover with WorldCare?
How do I apply for cover with WorldCare?
Step 1 – Get a quote
The first to step to using your WorldCare Travel Insurance discount code is to head to their website and fill out the form. When you're doing so you will need to be able to answer:
- Where are you going?
- How long are you going for? Enter your travel dates.
- Who is going? Ages of adults and children travelling.
Once you've entered your details, click Get Quote.
Step 2 – Choose your policy
You'll be given a choice of four policies:
Each policy has it's own benefits and drawbacks:
- Comprehensive. Great if you're after a high level of cover but more expensive than the budget option.
- Basic. Excellent for those on a budget but the policy provides limited cover.
- Multi-Trip. Good idea for people who travel a lot but is expensive initially.
Once you're happy with your choice, click Buy Now.
Step 3 - Optional extras, excess and specified items
At this point you'll need to choose whether you want the Excess Buyout option.
What is an Excess Buyout? This means that for an additional upfront cost, you won't be slugged with an excess in the event you need to make a claim.
Next you'll need to enter any specified items you're taking with you.
What is a Specified Items? If you require extra cover for expensive items, you may need this extra benefit. This includes cover for items such as laptops, jewellery and cameras.
You can also choose to add golf cover, cruise cover, snow cover and increase your rental vehicle excess for an additional cost.
Once you are satisfied with your answers, click continue.
Step 4 – Personal Details
In this section, you'll need to enter the following personal information:
- Full name and title
- Date of birth
- Street Address
- Phone number
If you have a pre-existing condition you will need to click yes, if not, you can hit no and move on.
During this step, you will also be asked if you suffer form any existing conditions. Be sure to answer these questions honestly as not doing so may end in your cover being void.
Once you are satisfied with your answers, click continue.
Step 5 – Payment
Tick the boxes
Prior to entering your payment details, you will be requested to confirm that you have:
- Read the Duty of Disclosure
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement
- Answered all the previous questions honestly.
If you are unhappy with your policy, you're given a 14 day cooling off period.
Enter your payment details
You'll need to enter your:
- Cardholder full name and title
- Type of card
- Card number
- Security code
- Expiry date
Once you're done filling this out, click Pay Now, and you're done.
What policies are available from WorldCare?
WorldCare offers a range of policies for both overseas trips and travel within Australia, with single trip and comprehensive options available. WorldCare Travel Insurance policies include:
- Basic. Includes the essentials but at an affordable price, offering unlimited cover for emergency medical and hospital expenses, 24/7 emergency medical assistance and personal liability cover.
- Essentials. The same medical cover as a Basic policy but you'll also get cancellation cover, additional expenses and travel delay cover.
- Comprehensive. Complete peace of mind, with unlimited overseas emergency medical, hospital and repatriation expenses, cancellations, additional accommodation and travel costs if you are unable to travel due to illness, lost travel documents, luggage, stolen cash and money towards your rental vehicle accident excess.
- Multi-Trip Plan. All the benefits of Comprehensive cover but all year long, rather than for one trip, also with a maximum journey limit is 15 days, 30 days or 45 days.
- Domestic. Excludes medical but will cover you for cancellation, including additional expenses as well as travel delay and accidental death.
- Non-Medical. If you're travelling somewhere but do not need medical cover, you can still get travel insurance that'll cover you for cancellation, travel delay, luggage and other non-medical related benefits.
- Returning residents. Ideal for Australian residents who are currently overseas and want cover for their trip home.
Who is WorldCare underwritten by?
WorldCare is a locally operated company that has been providing Australians with domestic and international travel insurance for over 20 years. WorldCare policies are underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd, a company that service over 78 million policy holders in 70 different countries. WorldCare’s assistance provider is Allianz Global Assistance, which is part of the Allianz Global Assistance Group, one of the largest assistance companies in the world.
Pros and Cons of WorldCare
There are a number of benefits to insuring with WorldCare when you travel including:
- Save on agent fees by purchasing online
- Provides cover for some pre-existing medical conditions at no extra cost
- 24/7 contact centre and medical assistance through Allianz Global Assistance
- Simple claims process (95% of all claims paid).
- Cover must be pre-purchased in Australia, unless you buy the returning residents policy.
- Essentials and Basic plans will not cover you if you're aged 74 years or older.
How do I apply for WorldCare Travel Insurance?
It’s easy to apply for WorldCare Travel Insurance. Once you have read and compared the levels of cover available and decided which is best for you, you can purchase your travel insurance online at the WorldCare website. To get a quote, just enter the required fields in the featured box on their home page, selecting:
- Your destination (the part of the world you are travelling to, or Australia in the case of domestic travel)
- The date you will start your journey
- The date you will end you journey
- The number of adults and children requiring cover.
Then simply click on Get Quote to receive your premium estimate. Alternatively, you can call WorldCare on 1800 008 614 and talk to one of their representatives.
How do I make a claim with WorldCare?
The WorldCare claims process is also straightforward. When making a claim, be sure to give WorldCare notice of your intention to do so as soon as possible by calling them on 1300 726 087.
You can access a claim form online at www.travelclaims.com.au by entering your policy details as they appear on your Certificate of Insurance. Or if the matter is urgent and you are still overseas, you can contact WorldCare’s 24/7 emergency assistance team.
Remember to include with your claim form any documentation that is required, such as police reports, medical reports, valuations, original receipts or proof of ownership. You can email, fax or post your completed claim form to WorldCare within 30 days of your return.
Can I cancel my WorldCare policy if I’m not happy with it?
If you change your mind for any reason or are dissatisfied with your policy, you can cancel it within 14 days of your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Certificate of Insurance being issued. You will then be given a full refund of the premium you have paid.
Compare WorldCare travel insurance policies today
However, you must not have commenced your trip or exercised any right under the policy, such as making a claim. If you cancel your policy after the 14-day cooling off period, no refund, either whole or partial, will be given.
More guides on Finder
Campervan hire on the Sunshine Coast | Where to book, what to know
Encounter wildlife, regional treats and sandy shores with your caravan hire on the Sunshine Coast.
July discount codes and coupons January 2021
July makes buying luggage for your travels a pleasure. It provides bespoke quality goods that you will love and enjoy.
Campervan hire in Sydney | Where to book, what to know
Find your perfect home on wheels with campervan rentals in The Harbour City.
Lumin discount codes and coupons January 2021
Lumin has a great range of skincare for men. Revitalise your skin with these fantastic products and see results in 30 days.
Campervan hire in Perth | Where to book, what to know
Whether you’re headed into the outback or along the coast, make your trip that bit smoother with the perfect campervan.
Life insurance for women
How to get life insurance for women.
Love your handbag? Handbag insurance is a good way to show it.
Standalone vs bundled life insurance
Find out about standalone and bundled life insurance.
Looking for garden insurance? The right home insurance policy can cover things like your ride-on mower, gazebo and some of your most prized plants.
Health insurance for young adults
Find out how to get cheap health insurance for young people.
Ask an Expert