Looking to venture off the beaten track? Consider itrek for your next adventure.
Purchasing a travel insurance policy is a smart move for anyone going on a trip. Be it a business endeavour or a family holiday, the right cover can help you sleep easy, knowing that you're financially protected if you suffer an unexpected loss. itrek policies offer cover for trip cancellation or curtailment, medical expenses, lost or stolen documents and much more.
Find the current offer from itrek Travel Insurance
Compare the benefits of different itrek policies and apply
How can this page help me understand itrek Travel Insurance?
- Who is itrek Insurance?
- What policies does itrek offer?
- How do the benefits of each policy compare?
- What do the main policy benefits mean?
itrek operates as an authorised representative of Lloyd's, which underwrites all its policies. As one of the largest insurance groups in the world, Lloyd's provides quality cover and support to ensure that you can receive adequate attention overseas when it is needed most.
The portfolio of products from itrek is designed to provide varying levels of coverage, depending on your needs. Each category of coverage offers cost-effective benefits to customers. As you choose higher levels of coverage, you receive a more comprehensive package covering a wide range of travel-related issues.
itrek’s portfolio is structured as a tiered system. The levels of coverage available are:
1. Medical Only
The Medical Only package is itrek’s most affordable travel insurance policy. It offers basic cover including medical expenses.
The Essentials package includes all of the coverage and benefits of the Medical Only package, but with added cancellation fees and lost deposits coverage and some other benefits.
This package is the ultimate in comprehensive coverage from itrek. The full list of features are shown table below
4. Long Term
The Long Term package includes the benefits of the comprehensive package. Available for travelers between the age of 18-49 and must have a valid visa for 24 months.
|Feature||1. Long Term||2. Comprehensive||3. Essentials||4. Medical Only|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance|
|Medical Transport & Repatriation|
|24 Hours Emergency Assistance|
|Local Funeral Expenses/Repatriation of Remains|
|Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses|
|Treatment by Chiropractor & Physiotherapist|
|Hospital Cash Allowance|
|Credit Card Fraud & Replacement|
|Theft Of Cash|
|Luggage & Personal Items|
|Cancellation Fees & Lost Deposits|
|Resumption of Journey|
|Disruption to Your Journey|
|Alternative Transport Expenses|
|Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess|
|Kidnap & Hijack|
What are the key policy benefits?
itrek has a large list of policy benefits you can take advantage of should you find yourself in an unexpected situation. These are:
- Overseas emergency medical assistance coverage. This covers you if you need to be evacuated to a nearby hospital or even home in some cases.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses coverage. This covers you for ambulance costs, hospital expenses and the cost of emergency medical treatment.
- Luggage and personal effects coverage. This covers you for the cost of replacing your stolen or lost bags and other items.
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses coverage. This covers you for the costs you incur if you bags are delayed by your airline e.g. toiletries you have to purchase as you wait for your delayed luggage.
- Family emergency travel expenses coverage. You are covered you have to return home due to a family emergency e.g. a relative passing away.
This is how itrek covers pre-existing medical conditions:
- Automatically covered pre-existing medical conditions. You are automatically covered for these conditions with no extra premium payable (unless you have been hospitalised for it in the past 12months).
- Medical Assessment. You must declare any other pre-existing medical condition that is not stated in the PDS.
Standard excess on itrek policies is $200.
Can I remove this excess?
No, you can't remove excess but you can reduce the excess from $200 to $100.
The general exclusions section of your iTrek Travel Insurance policy lists a variety of situations and circumstances where no cover is available, including:
- You do not act in a responsible way to protect yourself and your property
- You don’t do everything you can to reduce your loss as much as possible
- Your claim is for consequential loss of any kind, for example loss of enjoyment
- Longer cover. If you're headed off for a long adventure, itrek offers policy for up to 24 months.
- Cover for activities. A wide range of activities are covered, including abseiling, scuba diving, camel riding and hot air ballooning.
- 24-hour medical service. If you require medical assistance, you can access the 24-hour emergency service, no matter where you are.
- Four product options. itrek offers its customers four easy-to-understand and cost-effective insurance packages. The Long Term, Comprehensive, Essentials and Medical Only packages are tailored for every price range.
- Range of benefits. itrek provides policies that offer a large range of benefits. If all you need is simple medical, dental and liability coverage, the Medical Only policy is right for you. If you need more comprehensive coverage for things such as theft of cash and kidnap & hijack, the Comprehensive package would suit you well. It is this policy customisation that makes itrek a viable insurance providing option when comparing based on benefits.