Looking to venture off the beaten track? Consider, compare and apply for itrek Travel Insurance online securely.
Compare the benefits of different policies from itrekPurchasing a travel insurance policy is a smart move for anyone going on a trip. Be it a business endeavour or a family holiday, the right cover can help you sleep easy knowing that you're financially protected if you suffer an unexpected loss. itrek policies offer cover for trip cancellation or curtailment, medical expenses, lost or stolen documents and much more.
- Who are itrek Insurance?
- What policies does itrek offer?
- How do the benefits of each policy compare?
- What do the main policy benefits mean?
itrek operates as an authorised representative of Allianz Global Assistance, and Allianz underwrites all of the policies purchased through itrek. As one of the largest insurance groups in the world, Allianz provides quality cover and support to ensure you receive adequate attention overseas when it is needed most.
itrek offers a full range of products
The portfolio of products from itrek are designed to provide varying levels of coverage depending upon how much customers wish to spend on a policy. These coverage options are broken down into the Wanderer, Trekker, Adventurer and Pioneer categories. Each category of coverage offers cost effective benefits to customers. As you choose higher levels of coverage from itrek you receive a more comprehensive package.
itrek’s portfolio is structured as a tiered system. The levels of coverage available are:
The Wanderer package is itrek’s most affordable travel insurance policy. It offers basic cover including medical expenses.
The Trekker package includes all of the coverage and benefits of the Wanderer package, but with added cancellation fees and lost deposits coverage. The maximum coverage amounts on some benefits such as additional accommodation are increased as well with this higher-level package.
The Adventurer coverage package includes the benefits of the Trekker package plus luggage and personal effects coverage. Also, the cancellation and fees as well as the personal liability maximums are increased.
This package is the ultimate in comprehensive coverage from itrek. The full list of features are shown below:
|Feature||1. Wanderer||2. Trekker||3. Adventurer||4. Pioneer|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance|
|Medical and hospital expense coverage|
|Travel expenses and family emergency coverage|
|Hospital cash allowance|
|Personal liability coverage|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits|
|Luggage and personal effects|
|Resumption of journey travel|
|Documents credit cards|
|Theft of cash|
|Luggage and personal effects delay expenses|
|Travel delay expenses|
|Alternate transport coverage|
- Single or family cover. There is the option to have any insurance policy cover only you or your whole family if you want. Single cover is better if you are going alone on a trip for purposes such as business, while family cover is great for covering a family holiday.
- Domestic coverage. Domestic coverage is available with any of itrek’s insurance policies. Take note though, domestic coverage offered under any policy is limited to specific claim types. More cover is available if you are overseas.
itrek has a large list of policy benefits you can take advantage of should you find yourself in an unexpected situation. These are:
- Overseas emergency medical assistance coverage. This covers you if you need to be evacuated to a nearby hospital or even home in some cases.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses coverage. This covers you for ambulance costs, hospital expenses and the cost of emergency medical treatment.
- Luggage and personal effects coverage. This covers you for the cost of replacing your stolen or lost bags and other items.
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses coverage. This covers you for the costs you incur if you bags are delayed by your airline e.g. toiletries you have to purchase as you wait for your delayed luggage.
- Additional accommodations and travel expenses coverage. You are covered for expenses that occur if you need to change your trip due to reasons outside of your control.
- Family emergency travel expenses coverage. You are covered you have to return home due to a family emergency e.g. a relative passing away.
View full list of benefits
- Return airfare for medical purposes.
- Resumption of journey funds provided for interrupted trip that falls under policy coverage requirements.
- Travel documents, credit cards and travellers cheques replacement cost coverage.
- Hospital cash allowance.
- Theft of cash coverage.
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits coverage.
- Travel delay expenses coverage.
- Personal liability coverage.
- Alternate transport expenses coverage in case your current transport plan falls through and will make you late for an event.
This is how itrek covers pre-existing medical conditions:
- Automatically covered pre-existing medical conditions. You are automatically covered for these conditions with no extra premium payable (unless you have been hospitalised for it in the past 24 months).
- No cover for everything else. You are unable to get cover for any hospital or medical expenses that arise from these conditions
What conditions are automatically covered?
- Bell's palsy
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Coeliac disease (gluten intolerance)
- Diabetes (Type 1 & 2)*
- Ear Grommets*
- Folate Deficiency
- Gastric reflux*
- High cholesterol*
- High blood lipids*
- Hypertension or high blood pressure*
- Impaired Glucose Tolerance
- Insulin Resistance
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia
- Meniere's Disease
- Nocturnal Cramps
- Pernicious Anaemia
- Sleep apnoea
- Benign Positional Vertigo
- Cleft Palate
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Congenital blindness
- Congenital deafness
- Dry eye syndrome
- Graves Disease
- Hiatus hernia
- Macular Degeneration
- Solar Keratosis
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
Standard excess on itrek policies is $100.
Can I remove this excess?
You can remove excess on the following policies by paying an additional premium:
The claims process with itrek is very straightforward You will need to give Allianz notice of your claim as soon as you possibly can, and make sure that you fully fill out the claim form yourself. Forgetting to do so can cause your benefit payout to be reduced.
Why do I need to contact Allianz?
Here are some other things you should know about the claims process
- Medical, dental or hospital claims must be made with Allianz Global Assistance.
- For damage or permanent loss of your luggage or personal belongings, you must report the incident to the police and provide a written notice of your report when making the claim
- If your claim is being made due to damage or loss that resulted from the actions or an airline, operator or accommodation provider, you must report the damage to the appropriate official and obtain a written report of the event. If they offer you a settlement you need to include this in your claim.
- You will need to submit the full details of any claim that you have made within 30 days of returning home.
- All claims are paid out in Australian Dollars.
- You must not admit fault or liability without the approval of Allianz Global Assistance.
- Depreciation will be applied to all claims made regarding luggage and personal effects. Allianz will determine the amount of value depreciation.
- Allianz will pay out the difference between any what any other insurance policies cover and what you are owed for travel losses, expenses or damages. If another policy pays out all expenses that you are owed coverage on, Allianz will not pay you.
The general exclusions section of your iTrek Travel Insurance policy lists a variety of situations and circumstances where no cover is available, including:
- You do not act in a responsible way to protect yourself and your property
- You don’t do everything you can to reduce your loss as much as possible
- Your claim is for consequential loss of any kind, for example loss of enjoyment
Click to view the expanded list of general exclusions
- A travel company or organisation is unable to offer a service, facility or accommodation due to financial collapse
- Your claim arises due to errors or omissions in booking arrangements
- You fail to obtain the appropriate visa
- You act illegally or break and government prohibition or regulation
- A government authority confiscates, detains or destroys anything
- You ride a motorcycle without a current Australian motorcycle licence
- You failed to follow travel advice in the mass media or any government warning
- Your claim arises due to an act of war
- You were under the influence of or addicted to intoxicating liquor or drugs
- Your claim is related to the death or hospitalisation of anyone aged 85 years or older
- Your claim is related to any pre-existing medical condition
- You travel against the advice of a medical practitioner
- Your claim is related to depression, anxiety, stress, or any mental or nervous disorder
Q. How much cover does iTrek offer for overseas medical expenses?
Q. Who underwrites iTrek’s insurance policies?
Q. How much excess will I need to pay if I make a claim?
Q. How long do I have to submit an iTrek travel insurance claim?
Q. Can I purchase a policy that covers my wife and two kids who are travelling with me?
Q. Which is the cheapest travel insurance policy from iTrek?
- Four product options. itrek is notable for offering its customers four easy to understand and cost effective insurance packages. The Wanderer, Trekker, Adventurer and Pioneer packages are tailored for every price range.
- Both single and family cover. All of itrek’s insurance products are available as policies that cover a single person, or as policies that cover a whole family. Whether you are on a business trip or a family holiday, there is an option for you.
- Backed by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz provides itrek policyholders with its global assistance program. This program allows you to contact Allianz customer assistance at any time of the day. If you find yourself in an emergency situation and need to access the help that your travel insurance policy provides, you can be sure that you will be able to.
- Range of benefits. itrek provides policies that offer a large range of benefits. If all you need is simple medical, dental and liability coverage, the budget Wanderer policy is right for you. If you need more comprehensive coverage for things such as theft of cash and return airfare, the Pioneer package would suit you well. It is this policy customisation that makes itrek a viable insurance providing option when comparing based on benefits.
- Claims support. itrek has simplified its claims process to the point where many claim types can be resolved with a single phone call. The Allianz First Call Resolution System that comes with an itrek policy expedites the small claims approval and payment process.