Looking to venture off the beaten track? Consider itrek for your next adventure.
Purchasing a travel insurance policy is a smart move for anyone going on a trip. Be it a business endeavour or a family holiday, the right cover can help you sleep easy, knowing that you're financially protected if you suffer an unexpected loss. itrek policies offer cover for trip cancellation or curtailment, medical expenses, lost or stolen documents and much more.
Compare the benefits of different itrek policies and apply
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
How can this page help me understand itrek Travel Insurance?
- Who is itrek Insurance?
- What policies does itrek offer?
- How do the benefits of each policy compare?
- What do the main policy benefits mean?
itrek operates as an authorised representative of Lloyd's, which underwrites all its policies. As one of the largest insurance groups in the world, Lloyd's provides quality cover and support to ensure that you can receive adequate attention overseas when it is needed most.
The portfolio of products from itrek is designed to provide varying levels of coverage, depending on your needs. Each category of coverage offers cost-effective benefits to customers. As you choose higher levels of coverage, you receive a more comprehensive package covering a wide range of travel-related issues.
itrek’s portfolio is structured as a tiered system. The levels of coverage available are:
The Wanderer package is itrek’s most affordable travel insurance policy. It offers basic cover including medical expenses.
The Trekker package includes all of the coverage and benefits of the Wanderer package, but with added cancellation fees and lost deposits coverage. The maximum coverage amounts on some benefits such as additional accommodation are increased as well with this higher-level package.
The Adventurer package includes the benefits of the Trekker package plus luggage and personal effects coverage. Also, the cancellation and fees, as well as the personal liability maximums are increased.
This package is the ultimate in comprehensive coverage from itrek. The full list of features are shown below.
|Feature||1. Wanderer||2. Trekker||3. Adventurer||4. Pioneer|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance|
|Medical and hospital expense coverage|
|Travel expenses and family emergency coverage|
|Hospital cash allowance|
|Personal liability coverage|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits|
|Luggage and personal effects|
|Resumption of journey travel|
|Documents credit cards|
|Theft of cash|
|Luggage and personal effects delay expenses|
|Travel delay expenses|
|Alternate transport coverage|
What are the key policy benefits?
itrek has a large list of policy benefits you can take advantage of should you find yourself in an unexpected situation. These are:
- Overseas emergency medical assistance coverage. This covers you if you need to be evacuated to a nearby hospital or even home in some cases.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses coverage. This covers you for ambulance costs, hospital expenses and the cost of emergency medical treatment.
- Luggage and personal effects coverage. This covers you for the cost of replacing your stolen or lost bags and other items.
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses coverage. This covers you for the costs you incur if you bags are delayed by your airline e.g. toiletries you have to purchase as you wait for your delayed luggage.
- Additional accommodations and travel expenses coverage. You are covered for expenses that occur if you need to change your trip due to reasons outside of your control.
- Family emergency travel expenses coverage. You are covered you have to return home due to a family emergency e.g. a relative passing away.
This is how itrek covers pre-existing medical conditions:
- Automatically covered pre-existing medical conditions. You are automatically covered for these conditions with no extra premium payable (unless you have been hospitalised for it in the past 24 months).
- No cover for everything else. You are unable to get cover for any hospital or medical expenses that arise from these conditions.
Standard excess on itrek policies is $100.
Can I remove this excess?
You can remove excess on the following policies by paying an additional premium:
The general exclusions section of your iTrek Travel Insurance policy lists a variety of situations and circumstances where no cover is available, including:
- You do not act in a responsible way to protect yourself and your property
- You don’t do everything you can to reduce your loss as much as possible
- Your claim is for consequential loss of any kind, for example loss of enjoyment
- Longer cover. If you're headed off for a long adventure, itrek offers policies for up to 18 months.
- Cover for activities. A wide range of activities are covered, including abseiling, scuba diving, camel riding and hot air ballooning.
- 24-hour medical service. If you require medical assistance, you can access the 24-hour emergency service, no matter where you are.
- Four product options. itrek offers its customers four easy-to-understand and cost-effective insurance packages. The Wanderer, Trekker, Adventurer and Pioneer packages are tailored for every price range.
- Range of benefits. itrek provides policies that offer a large range of benefits. If all you need is simple medical, dental and liability coverage, the budget Wanderer policy is right for you. If you need more comprehensive coverage for things such as theft of cash and return airfare, the Pioneer package would suit you well. It is this policy customisation that makes itrek a viable insurance providing option when comparing based on benefits.