Earn Qantas Points and enjoy Visa Platinum perks while saving on fees.
This credit card combines frequent flyer rewards and platinum card perks with waived fees. The card offers Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases with free ATM withdrawals, cash advances, direct debits and additional cardholders. On top of that, your annual card fee will also be waived if you hold a Partnership Advantage home loan with the bank.
|Product Name||Regional Australia Bank Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$195 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 45 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$195 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee||$0|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.75|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||7,500|
Review of the Regional Bank Australia Visa Platinum Rewards credit card
The Regional Bank Australia Visa Platinum Rewards cards offers 0.75 Qantas Points up to $10,000 per statement period. You can also earn 1 bonus point per $1 spent through qantas.com and the Qantas Store. If you’re not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, new cardholders can sign up to the loyalty program for free (saving $89.50). While the card does offer other competitive features such as complimentary insurance and interest-free days, it’s one of few platinum rewards cards that doesn’t come with bonus points.
Benefits of the Regional Bank Australia Visa Platinum Rewards credit card
- Visa Platinum Concierge services. Enjoy the luxury of 24/7 Visa Platinum concierge services wherever you are in the world. Your concierge can help you with anything from booking flights to securing restaurant reservations or organising your dry cleaning.
- Complimentary travel insurance. This card comes with complimentary travel insurance including travel cancellation cover and medical emergency expenses cover. Make sure to consult the terms and conditions to confirm that you’re eligible and find out how to make a claim.
- Earn Qantas Points. Earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases (capped at $10,000 per statement period), and 1 bonus point per $1 spent at the Qantas Store or qantas.com. Eligible purchases exclude balance transfers, cash advances, BPAY transactions and purchases made while the account is in arrears.
- Waived annual fee. Your $195 annual fee will be waived if you have an active Partnership Advantage home loan under the same member number at the time this fee is due.
- Free additional cardholders. You can accumulate points faster and manage multiple spending under the single account when you request additional cardholders.
- Fee savings. Pay no fees for late payments, cash advances, direct debits and credits. Also enjoy free ATM withdrawals and enquiries at Regional Bank Australia and Westpac network ATMs, as well as six free over-the-counter withdrawals per month.
- Visa benefits. Make contactless payments using Visa payWave and enjoy Visa Entertainment concert and event exclusives.
- Interest-free days on purchases. Enjoy up to 45 interest-free days on purchases as long as your account balance is paid in full and on time each statement cycle.
Rates and fees of the Regional Bank Australia Visa Platinum Rewards credit card
- Purchase and cash advance rate. The Regional Bank Australia Visa Platinum Rewards card has similar purchase and cash advance rates of 19.99% p.a.
- Annual fee. This card has a standard annual fee of $195.
- Over limit fee. If your spending exceeds your credit limit, you’ll be charged a $12.50 over limit fee.
How to apply for the Regional Bank Australia Visa Platinum Rewards credit card
Applying for the Regional Bank Australia Visa Platinum Rewards credit card can be an easy online process which takes only a couple of minutes. You could alternatively also call 13 20 67, but make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements before applying.
Eligibility criteria checklist
- How old are you? You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Are you an Australian citizen? You must be an Australian citizen or permanent Australian resident.
- Do you have good credit history? Good credit standing is generally required. This means that you must not be an undischarged bankrupt or have any outstanding payment defaults or judgments.
Information and documents you’ll need
When filling out the application form, you will need to provide specific information and certain documents to support your application. Providing these details correctly can help hasten the application and approval process.
- Personal information. This includes general information like your first, middle and last names, birth date, residential and postal addresses, email address, contact numbers, driver's licence number and Tax File Number. You will also need to include your residential and marital status, as well as details of any dependants.
- Employment details. This covers your current job, salary, length of employment, employer’s contact details, as well as previous employment history.
- Financial details. You will need to provide details of any other income sources and assets, existing loans, credit cards or overdrafts, as well as living and housing expenses.
- Documents. You may be asked to provide documents for identification verification purposes including your driver’s licence, passport or Medicare card. You may also need to provide other documents such as salary or income statements, and bank or loan statements.
The Regional Bank Australia Visa Platinum Rewards credit card could be an easy way to earn points as you spend while saving on standard card costs. Before applying however, remember to thoroughly research and compare other options before deciding if this is the card that will best serve your personal spending and lifestyle needs.Back to top