Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate Visa
No longer available for new applications.
The Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate Visa is no longer available for new applications. We have kept the information on this page for the benefit of existing customers. You can compare current Low Rate Credit Card offers on Finder.
|Product Name||Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate Visa Credit Card - DISCONTINUED|
|Purchase rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Cash advance rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- $0 annual fee
- Low ongoing rate for purchases and cash advances
- It doesn’t offer interest-free days on purchases
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$2.50|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$175|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$2|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate credit card charges one of the lowest purchase interest rates when compared to other cards with no annual fee. Unlike most credit cards though, it doesn’t offer interest-free days on purchases. If you regularly pay your balance in full each month, you may want to consider a card that offers interest-free days on purchases.
How to applyYou can apply for this card online as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Residency. You can apply for this card if you're an Australian citizen currently living in Australia.
- Credit history. You may not be eligible to apply if you've been declared bankrupt or had legal action taken against you for the recovery of debt.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, phone number, email address and residential address. You’ll also need a proof of identification, such as your driver’s licence.
- Employment. You’ll need to provide details about your current job, salary and employer’s contact details. Northern Inland also requires at least three recent payslips or a letter from your employer that states your role, your regular hours and earnings and how long you have worked there.
- Finances. You need to provide statements for any other income (such as Centrelink benefits), six months worth of home loan, personal loan and savings account statements and one month of credit card statements.
- $0 annual fee. While most credit cards charge an annual fee, the Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate does not.
- Competitive interest rate. This card offers the same ongoing rate for purchases and cash advances, currently 8.99% p.a.
- Visa benefits. You can make convenient tap-and-go payments with Visa payWave functionality. You’ll also access discounts, exclusive event and lifestyle offers through Visa Offers and Perks.
- Mobile payments. When you link your card to Apple Pay or Google Pay, you can use your smartphone or other eligible device to make contactless payments at the checkout.
Rates & fees
- Cash advances. This card charges a cash advance fee of $2.50 and a daily withdrawal limit of $2,000.
- Minimum monthly repayments. This card has a minimum repayment of 2%.
- Billing date. The billing date for your statements is the 15th of each month.
- Currency conversion fee. A fee worth 3% of the transaction value applies when you use your card to make a foreign transaction online or overseas.