Save on credit card costs with a low ongoing interest rate and no annual fee ever.
The Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate Visa offers a competitive interest rate of 8.99% p.a. for both purchases and cash advances.
|Product Name||Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)|| 8.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||8.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit limit you can be granted. It is possible to request a higher credit limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the outstanding balance or $20 (whichever is greater)|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||$2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||US $175|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$2|
Features and benefits of the Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate Visa
This card’s standout features include:
- $0 annual fee. While most credit cards charge an annual fee, the Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate does not.
- Competitive interest rate. This card offers the same ongoing rate for purchases and cash advances, currently 8.99% p.a.
- Visa benefits. Enjoy tap-and-go payments with Visa payWave functionality and access exclusive event and lifestyle offers through Visa Entertainment.
- Mobile payments. Add this credit card to Apple Pay or Google Pay and you'll be able to make contactless payments straight from your compatible mobile phone or device.
Rates and fees of the Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate Visa
Take note of the following charges when considering the Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate Visa:
- Interest charges. Interest is calculated daily and charged monthly, with no interest-free days available. This means the ongoing interest rate of 8.99% p.a. applies from the date a transaction is made on this card.
- Cash advances. This card has a cash advance fee of $2.50 and a daily withdrawal limit of $2,000. Northern Inland also reserves the right to withdraw, extend or vary this offer.
- Minimum monthly repayments. This card has a minimum repayment of 2%.
- Billing date. With this card, the billing date for your statements is the 15th of each month.
- Currency conversion fee. A fee worth 3% of the transaction value applies when you use your card overseas.
How to apply for the Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate Visa
You can apply for the Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate Visa online by completing an enquiry form. To speed up the process, make sure you are eligible to apply and have all the following details and documents on hand.
Eligibility criteria checklist
- How old are you? You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Are you an Australian citizen? You can apply for this card if you're an Australian citizen currently living in Australia.
- Do you have good credit history? You may not be eligible to apply if you've been declared bankrupt or had legal action taken against you for the recovery of debt.
Information and documents you’ll need
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, phone number, email address and residential address. You’ll also need identification, such as your driver’s licence.
- Employment details. This includes your current job, salary and employer’s contact details. Northern Inland also requires at least three recent payslips or a letter from your employer that states your role, your regular hours and earnings and how long you have worked there.
- Financial details. You also need to provide statements for any other income (such as Centrelink benefits), six months worth of home loan, personal loan and savings account statements and one month of credit card statements.
The Northern Inland Credit Union Low Rate Visa combines low-cost features with a simple account structure that is designed to help save money on credit card costs. But with no interest-free days, it’s important to compare this card to other low rate products so you can find the right one for your needs.Back to top