LoungeKey Airport Lounge Program
You can get access to over 1,100 airport lounges worldwide with a credit card that offers LoungeKey membership – here’s how it works.
LoungeKey is an airport lounge program that gives you access to lounges around the world when you have an eligible credit card. It doesn't matter what airline you're flying with or what fare class you've booked and you can usually bring people you're travelling with into the lounge.
So, let's take a look at the main details and how to make the most of this complimentary extra.
Where are LoungeKey airport lounges?
LoungeKey partners with independently-operated airport lounges around the world in more than 500 airports. You can search for a lounge by country, city or airport through the LoungeKey mobile app.
To give you an idea of your options, here are some of the locations available in different parts of the world.
|Country or region||Airport lounge locations|
|Australia||Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Melbourne and Sydney airports.|
|Asia||Bali (Denpasar), Beijing, Hong Kong, Phuket and Singapore international airports.|
|Canada||Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Vancouver and Winnipeg.|
|Europe||Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Madrid, Munich, Paris, Prague and Stockholm.|
|New Zealand||Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown.|
|United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah.|
|United Kingdom||Belfast, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Heathrow and Liverpool.|
|United States||Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington.|
Compare credit cards that offer LoungeKey airport lounge access
How does LoungeKey work?
The LoungeKey program gives you complimentary access to over 1,100 airport lounges worldwide when you have an eligible credit card. There's no limit to the number of times you can use this card benefit each year and it doesn't matter which airlines you're flying with.
Here are the basic steps you need to set up and use this service:
- Create a LoungeKey account. Go to the LoungeKey web address provided by your credit card issuer or by downloading the LoungeKey app.
- Verify your credit card details. As part of your account registration, you will need to enter your card’s 16-digit payment number to confirm you are eligible for the LoungeKey program.
- Search for participating lounges. When you have a trip planned, you can use the LoungeKey app to find participating lounges.
- Request entry to the lounge. You just need to let the lounge staff know you are a LoungeKey customer and present your credit card. Depending on the lounge, you may also need to show your valid boarding pass and passport.
LoungeKey access for guests
Most LoungeKey lounges allow a guest or guests to enter the lounge with you but there could be additional costs or restrictions depending on the specific lounge. These details are usually shown when you search for LoungeKey lounges, which means you can plan ahead for any fees that apply.
Lounge access and services
Lounge availability and services vary between locations and depend on the LoungeKey partners. For example, the lounge partners listed for Sydney include MoVida and Peroni Bar, which are open to the public. At these locations, showing your LoungeKey card entitles you to other benefits, such as a discount on your final bill.
In many other airports, LoungeKey gives you access to exclusive airport lounge areas, such as Plaza Premium Lounges at Heathrow (terminals 2 and 4) or the Wingtips Lounge at New York’s JFK International Airport (terminal 4). Searching via the LoungeKey app will help you find out exactly what lounges and services are available for any trips you have planned.
What else do I need to know about the LoungeKey program?
Keep these details in mind so you can make the most of this program:
- Card requirements. You must present a valid, eligible credit card at participating lounges to gain access through the LoungeKey program. If you don’t have your credit card on you, or if it has expired, you won’t be able to visit a lounge.
- Lounge requirements. All airport lounges have individual requirements that guests must meet before they are allowed to enter. This could include dress codes, fees for guests and time limits on your visit. You can find details for individual lounges by searching through the LoungeKey website or app or by contacting participating lounges directly. You may also be able to refer to these details in-person when you visit a lounge.
- Additional charges. Charges for any lounge services or guest fees may apply. Remember to look for these details when you are searching for specific lounges so that you can budget for these charges.
Having a credit card that offers complimentary lounge access through LoungeKey gives you a way to enjoy luxury between your flights all around the world. But with similar services available through Priority Pass (and some lounges offering access for a fee) it’s worth comparing different lounge and credit card options so that you can find one that suits your needs.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Priority Pass Credit Cards
Want to relax in style before your next flight? Compare credit cards that offer complimentary Priority Pass access.
Credit cards with lounge access
Find out how you can enjoy the luxury and services of airport lounges all around the world with a credit card that offers complimentary airport lounge access.
Best Travel Credit Cards – Finder’s top picks for Australian travellers
Ready for an overseas adventure? Save with 0% foreign fees, free travel insurance and more with these credit cards. Plus, perks to help you travel in style.