LoungeKey airport lounge program
Discover how you can get access to airport lounges around the world with a credit card.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The LoungeKey program gives you complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges worldwide when you have an eligible credit card. Depending on your card and the lounge you want to visit, you may also be able to bring guests travelling with you into the lounge. It doesn't matter what airline you're flying or what class ticket you have. Use this guide to learn which cards offer LoungeKey benefits and how the program works, so you can make the most of this complimentary extra.
What lounges can I access with LoungeKey?
You can search for a lounge by country, city or airport through the LoungeKey website or mobile app. To give you an idea of your options, here are some of the locations available in different parts of the world.
|Australia. Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Melbourne and Sydney airports.||Asia. Bali (Denpasar), Beijing, Hong Kong, Phuket and Singapore international airports.|
|Canada. Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Vancouver and Winnipeg.||Europe. Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Madrid, Munich, Paris, Prague and Stockholm.|
|New Zealand. Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown.||United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah.|
|United Kingdom. Belfast, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Heathrow and Liverpool.||United States. Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington.|
Compare credit cards that offer LoungeKey airport lounge access
How does LoungeKey work?
You can enjoy unlimited visits to participating lounges when you show your eligible credit card and let the customer service member know that you are a LoungeKey customer. Here are the basic steps you need to set up and use this service:
- Create a LoungeKey account. Go to the LoungeKey web address provided by your credit card issuer.
- Verify your card details. As part of your account registration, you will need to enter your card’s 16-digit payment number to confirm you are eligible for the LoungeKey program.
- Search for participating lounges. When you have a trip planned, you can use the LoungeKey website or mobile app to find lounges that offer you complimentary access.
- Request entry to the lounge. When you’re at the airport, go to your chosen lounge and let them know you are a LoungeKey customer. You will then need to show or swipe your card to gain access. Depending on the lounge, you may also need to show your valid boarding pass and passport.
LoungeKey access for guests
Many of the participating LoungeKey lounges allow a guest or guests to enter the lounge with you. But there could be additional costs or restrictions depending on the specific lounge. These details are usually shown when you search for lounges via LoungeKey, giving you a way to plan ahead and budget for any fees that may apply.
Lounge access and services
Lounge availability and services vary between locations and depend on the LoungeKey partners. For example, the lounge partners listed for Sydney include MoVida and Peroni Bar, which are open to the public. At these locations, showing your LoungeKey card entitles you to other benefits, such as a discount on your final bill.
In many other airports, LoungeKey gives you access to exclusive airport lounge areas, such as Plaza Premium Lounges at Heathrow (terminals 2 and 4) or the Wingtips Lounge at New York’s JFK International Airport (terminal 4). So searching via the LoungeKey app or website will help you find out exactly what lounges and services are available for any trips you have planned.
What else do I need to know about the LoungeKey program?
Keep these details in mind so you can make the most of this program:
- Card requirements. You must present a valid, eligible credit card at participating lounges to gain access through the LoungeKey program. If you don’t have your credit card on you, or if it has expired, you won’t be able to visit a lounge.
- Lounge requirements. All airport lounges have individual requirements that guests must meet before they are allowed to enter. This could include dress codes, fees for guests and time limits on your visit. You can find details for individual lounges by searching through the LoungeKey website or app or by contacting participating lounges directly. You may also be able to refer to these details in-person when you visit a lounge.
- Additional charges. Charges for any lounge services or guest fees may apply. Remember to look for these details when you are searching for specific lounges so that you can budget for these charges.
Having a credit card that offers complimentary lounge access through LoungeKey gives you a way to enjoy luxury between your flights all around the world. But with similar services available through Priority Pass and Veloce Program, it’s worth comparing different lounge and credit card options so that you can find one that suits your needs.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
Citi Rewards Card – Velocity Points Offer
Enjoy 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, a reduced first-year annual fee and points per $1 spent with the Citi Rewards credit card.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
Citi Rewards Card – Points & Gift Card Offer
Enjoy an introductory 90,000 bonus Citi reward Points, a $100 Coles eGift card, plus a reduced first-year annual fee with this Citi Rewards Card offer.
Bendigo hotels | Where to stay in the Ceramic Centre of Victoria
Compare Bendigo hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Hotel health and safety measures that will help keep you safe during COVID-19
Have a safe stay on your next Australian getaway with these hotel health and safety measures.
Diners Club Business Card
The Diners Club Business Card can be used to earn points per $1 with over 35 million merchants – including Officeworks, Qantas and Woolworths.
Frequent Flyer Diners Club card
Diners Club isn’t as widely accepted as other cards, but you can still earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 at major retailers with this card.
Diners Club Personal Card
Diners Club offers a competitive rewards program, travel and shopping perks and can be used at businesses including Coles, Woolworths and Target.
Ask an Expert