Discover how you can get access to airport lounges around the world with a credit card.
The LoungeKey program gives you complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges when you have an eligible credit card. Depending on your card and the airport lounge you want to visit, guests travelling with you may also enjoy lounge entry through this service. Use this guide to learn which credit cards offer LoungeKey benefits and how the program works, so you can make the most of this complimentary extra.
What lounges can I access with LoungeKey?
LoungeKey offers access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world. You can search for a lounge by country, city or airport through the website or mobile app. To give you an idea of the options available, here are some of the locations available in different parts of the world.
- Australia. Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Melbourne and Sydney airports.
- Asia. Bali (Denpasar), Beijing, Hong Kong, Phuket and Singapore international airports.
- Canada. Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto and Vancouver.
- Europe. Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Munich and Paris
- New Zealand. Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown.
- United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah
- United Kingdom. Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Gatwick, Glasgow, Heathrow and Liverpool.
- United States. Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington.
Compare credit cards that offer LoungeKey airport lounge access
How does LoungeKey work?
You can enjoy unlimited visits to participating lounges when you show your eligible credit card and let the customer service member know that you are a LoungeKey customer. Here are the basic steps you need to set up and use this service:
- Create a LoungeKey account. Go to the LoungeKey web address provided by your credit card issuer. For example, with Bankwest, this is loungekey.com/bankwest.
- Verify your card details. As part of your account registration, you will need to enter your card’s 16-digit payment number to confirm you are eligible for the LoungeKey program.
- Search for participating lounges. When you have a trip planned, you can use the LoungeKey website or mobile app to find lounges that offer you complimentary access.
- Request entry to the lounge. When you’re at the airport, go to your chosen lounge and let them know you are a LoungeKey customer. You will then need to show or swipe your card to gain access. Depending on the lounge, you may also need to show your valid boarding pass and passport.
LoungeKey access for guests
Most of the participating LoungeKey lounges allow a guest or guests to enter the lounge with you. But there could be additional costs or restrictions depending on the specific lounge. These details are usually shown when you search for lounges via LoungeKey, giving you a way to plan ahead and budget for any fees that may apply.
Lounge access and services
Lounge availability and services vary between locations and depend on the LoungeKey partners. For example, the lounge partners listed for Sydney include MoVida and Peroni Bar, which are open to the public. At these locations, showing your LoungeKey card entitles you to other benefits, such as a discount on your final bill.
In many other airports, LoungeKey gives you access to exclusive airport lounge areas, such as Plaza Premium Lounges at Heathrow or the Wingtips Lounge at New York’s JFK International Airport. So searching via the LoungeKey app or website will help you find out exactly what lounges and services are available for any trips you have planned.
What else do I need to know about the LoungeKey program?
Keep these details in mind so you can make the most of this program:
- Card requirements. You must present a valid, eligible credit card to participating lounges to gain access through the LoungeKey program. If you don’t have your credit card on you, or if it has expired, you won’t be able to visit a lounge.
- Lounge requirements. All airport lounges have specific requirements that guests must meet before they are allowed to enter. This could include dress codes, fees for guests and time limits on your visit. You can find details for individual lounges by using the LoungeKey lounge finder service.
- Additional charges. Charges for any lounge services or guest fees may apply. Remember to look for these details when you are searching for specific lounges so that you can budget for these charges.
Having a credit card that offers complimentary lounge access through LoungeKey gives you a way to enjoy luxury between flights all around the world. But with similar services available through Priority Pass and Veloce, it’s worth comparing different lounge and credit card options so that you can find one that suits your needs.Back to top