Citibank Dining Program
Did somebody say wine? Enjoy a free bottle at partner restaurants when you pay with your Citi card.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you have a Citi credit card or debit card, you can use it to get exclusive offers through the Citibank Dining Program – including a free bottle of wine when you dine at partner restaurants across Australia.
Citibank Dining also gives you access to exclusive wine and dining experiences throughout the year. So, let's take a look at how it works.
What restaurants are part of the Citibank Dining Program?
You'll find a mix of high-end and casual partner restaurants, with most located in and around Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
For example, The Meat & Wine Co, Hunter & Barrel, Woollahra Hotel and Quay were some of the partners Finder saw on the Citibank Dining Program website in May 2021.
You can find current partner restaurants using the Citibank Dining Program's search tool, which includes a map if you're curious about what's available in different locations.
How can I redeem my free bottle of wine?
You just need to mention you're a Citi cardholder when you book or arrive at the partner restaurant. The staff will then let you know what wines are available.
To make sure the wine is free, you'll also need to meet the following requirements:
- Meet the minimum spend or order requirement. Usually, you'll need to spend a minimum amount on food for the table (eg. $50) or order a minimum of one main meal per person.
- Pay the full bill with your Citi card. When you're paying, remind the staff member that you have a Citi card so that they can take the bottle of wine off your bill. Keep in mind the wine is only free if one Citi card is used to pay for everything.
Want to split the bill?
Ask for the receipt so people can transfer money to you after you've paid for everything with your Citi card.
What else do I need to know?
Here are some other key terns and conditions you need to know.
- Available at participating restaurants only. You must dine at a Citibank Dining Program partner restaurant to be eligible for a free bottle of wine.
- One bottle of wine per booking. While there’s no limit to the number of times you can use this offer, you are limited to one free bottle of wine per booking.
- Order at the start of service. You must tell the waiter you’re a Citi cardholder and order your bottle of wine when you first order.
- No bill splitting. You can’t split the bill between different payment methods. The full cost must be charged to your Citi card.
- No takeaways. You must drink your bottle of wine on the premises, and you can’t take what you haven’t drunk home.
- No free wine for degustation orders. The free bottle of wine promotion doesn’t apply if you order the degustation menu with matching wines.
- Out of stock. The restaurant can substitute the wine for a similar bottle if your selection is out of stock.
- Solo offer. The free wine offer can’t be used if you’re redeeming another offer such as a meal discount.
Other Citibank Dining Program benefits
As well as getting a free bottle of wine when you dine with partner restaurants, the Citibank Dining Program gives you access to seasonal food and wine offers or events. For example, you could enjoy complimentary tickets to food and wine shows, or VIP access at dining events. You can learn about current offers on the Citibank Dining Program website.
Citi credit cards with access to the Citibank Dining Program
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Images: ShutterstockBack to top
More guides on Finder
ANZ Cashrewards Max: How much cash can you get back?
If you have an ANZ credit card or debit card, you can now earn cashback when you shop with over 1,700 brands. Here's how it works.
PayPal Rewards Card
The new PayPal Rewards credit card offers no annual fee and points per $1 spent. So how much value can you get from it?
Citi Clear Credit Card – Balance Transfer Offer
This Citi Clear Credit Card offer includes 0% on balance transfers for 28 months and a reduced first-year annual fee. Compare and apply here.
CommBank Neo Business Interest-Free Card
This no interest, flat-fee credit card gives you a way to manage your business spending with predictable costs.
10 ways to treat Mum using Dine and Discover on Mother’s Day
SPONSORED: Stuck on how to treat mum to a Mother's Day she won't forget? Read on.
Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard – Exclusive Offer
Enjoy 10,000 bonus points and 12 months interest-free on balance transfers and purchases. Plus, an ongoing $0 annual fee.
Best wine clubs and subscription services in Australia
We’ve done the hard work to find the best wine clubs and subscription services for Australian wine drinkers.
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
Citi Rewards Card – Velocity Points Offer
Get up to 150,000 bonus Velocity Points when you meet the spend requirement, a reduced first-year annual fee and Citi Rewards points per $1 spent with the Citi Rewards Card.
American Express Platinum Business Card
From Membership Rewards Points to savings on first and business class flights, this charge card is packed with features to help you manage business spending.
Ask an Expert