Citibank Dining Program
Enjoy a free bottle of wine at partner restaurants when you pay with your Citi card.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
If you have a Citi credit card or debit card, you can use it to take advantage of exclusive offers through the Citibank Dining Program. As well as offering you a free bottle of wine when you dine at partner restaurants across Australia, this complimentary program also gives you access to other exclusive wine and dining experiences throughout the year.
Use this guide to learn more about the Citibank Dining Program and what you need to do to get a free bottle of wine or other perks through your Citi card.
Information about Citibank Dining and COVID-19With many restaurants closed due to coronavirus restrictions, you may not be able to get a free bottle of wine with some Citibank Dining Program partners. You can check with a restaurant before dining to see if the offer is available. We will update this page with more information as it becomes available.
What restaurants are part of the Citibank Dining Program?
Most partner restaurants are located in and around Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Hobart. There are also some partners in regional areas such as Ballarat, Geelong, Newcastle, Byron Bay and the Gold Coast.
In terms of style, the restaurants range from hatted venues to hip bars and pubs. You can find current partner restaurants using the Citibank Dining Program's search tool, which includes a map if you're curious about what's available in different locations.
How can I redeem my free bottle of wine?
Once you've found a partner restaurant, you just need to mention you're a Citi cardholder when you book or arrive at the restaurant. The staff will then let you know what wines are available.
To make sure the wine is free, you'll also need to meet the following requirements:
- Meet the minimum spend or order requirement. At most Citibank Dining Program restaurants, you need to order a minimum of one main meal per person. However, some restaurants with sharing menus – such as yum cha, tapas, sushi or pizza venues – have a minimum spend requirement of $50 on food instead.
- Pay with your Citi card. You'll need to pay for the full bill using your Citi card. When you go to settle the bill, just remind the staff member that you have a Citi card so that they can make sure it's taken off the bill.
What else do I need to know?
Here are some other key terns and conditions you need to know.
- Available at participating restaurants only. You must dine at a Citibank Dining Program partner restaurant to be eligible for a free bottle of wine.
- One bottle of wine per booking. While there’s no limit to the number of times you can use this offer, you are limited to one free bottle of wine per booking.
- Order at the start of service. You must tell the waiter you’re a Citi cardholder and order your bottle of wine when you first order.
- No bill splitting. You can’t split the bill between different payment methods. The full cost must be charged to your Citi card.
- No takeaways. You must drink your bottle of wine on the premises, and you can’t take what you haven’t drunk home.
- No free wine for degustation orders. The free bottle of wine promotion doesn’t apply if you order the degustation menu with matching wines.
- Out of stock. The restaurant can substitute the wine for a similar bottle if your selection is out of stock.
- Solo offer. The free wine offer can’t be used if you’re redeeming another offer such as a meal discount.
Other Citibank Dining Program benefits
As well as getting a free bottle of wine when you dine with partner restaurants, the Citibank Dining Program gives you access to seasonal food and wine offers or events. For example, you could enjoy complimentary tickets to food and wine shows, or VIP access at dining events. You can learn about current offers on the Citibank Dining Program website, or by signing up for the program's email newsletter.
Citi credit cards with access to the Citibank Dining Program
Images: ShutterstockBack to top
More guides on Finder
Hotel health and safety measures that will help keep you safe during COVID-19
Have a safe stay on your next Australian getaway with these hotel health and safety measures.
10 NSW resorts that will whisk you away to paradise
From hitting the waves of Byron Bay to enjoying the peaceful countryside around Bowral, these are our favourite resort destinations.
8 romantic getaways in the Hunter Valley
From award-winning chateaus and luxury farm stays to secluded retreats, these romantic getaways in the Hunter Valley will have you swooning.
How to experience Seoul in Sydney
Savour the city of Seoul in Sydney by satisfying your hunger at these Korean restaurants, walking through pagoda-filled parklands and shopping for the best in makeup and beauty.
10 romantic getaways in the Northern Territory
Your secluded escape awaits with some of the Northern Territory's most picturesque stays that were made for couples.
Best free VPN trials in 2020
Looking to sign up for a new VPN provider? You can trial these VPNs without paying a cent.ommitting yourself financially.
Podcast: How to plan a realistic wedding budget
Don't say "I do" to debt: Tips and tricks to create a wedding budget, cut back costs and avoid debt for your big day.
How to experience Italy in Sydney | A couple of travel makers
Experience a taste of Italy in Sydney by checking out these authentic restaurants, Romanesque historical architecture and a Gothic cathedral.
Where can I travel in Australia as restrictions ease?
From accommodation and restaurants to tourist attractions and transport, we break down what is and isn't open in each state for when you travel next.
South Australia travel restrictions: What can I do in October 2020?
Here's everything you need to know on the current South Australia travel restrictions.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.