Citi Clear credit card
New Citi Clear cardholders can save with a 0.9% interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months.
The Citi Clear is a low rate credit card that gives you different ways to save money, including an introductory rate of 0.9% p.a. for the first 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, with no balance transfer fee when you apply by 31 October 2020.
This card also offers premium perks including Mastercard Priceless Cities, complimentary purchase insurance cover and transit accident insurance with a competitive 14.99% p.a. purchase interest rate.
Balance transfer rate
for 15 months
for the first 15 months (reverts to 14.99% p.a.)
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Citi Clear Card|
|Balance transfer rate||0.9% p.a. for 15 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (22.24% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||0.9% for 15 months, reverts to 14.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||22.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$100,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 0.9% p.a. on purchases for 15 months (reverts to 14.99% p.a.)
- 0.9% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 15 months with no balance transfer fee
- Complimentary insurance covers
- Balance transfer reverts to the high 22.24% p.a. cash advance rate
- Does not offer a rewards program or travel insurance covers
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Cash advance fee||3.5% or $3.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to apply
You can apply for the Citi Clear credit card online in 15 minutes. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information on hand:
- Income. Earn a minimum taxable annual income of $35,000.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. You can transfer balances from credit cards, store cards and personal loans not issued by Citi, up to 80% of your credit limit.
- Residency. This card is only available to permanent Australian residents and citizens.
- Age. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal details. Including your full name and proof of identification (such as your Australian driver's licence or passport).
- Contact details. Such as your address, phone number and email address.
- Employment. Including time spent at your current job and your employer's contact details and address.
- Income and finances. You'll need to include your total gross salary as well details regarding expenditure and recurring expenses (such as any liabilities, debts, rent and school fees).
- Existing debt. You'll need to provide details regarding any other credit card accounts you have, including the account number and issuing organisation's name and address.
- Purchase rate offer. New cardholders who apply and are approved by 31 October 2020 can take advantage of a 0.9% p.a. interest rate on purchases for the first 15 months. After this introductory period, an interest rate of 14.99% p.a. applies to your purchases.
- Balance transfer offer. You can consolidate existing debts with a low 0.9% p.a. interest rate for the first 15 months (with no balance transfer fee) when you apply, request the balance transfer and get approved for this card by 31 October 2020. Any unpaid balance after the promotional period ends will be charged at the variable cash advance rate (currently 22.24% p.a.).
- Complimentary insurance. Cardholders can enjoy peace of mind for eligible purchases, which are covered by purchase cover insurance, extended warranty insurance, and a guaranteed pricing scheme. When you meet the eligibility criteria, you, your spouse and any dependants will also be covered with Transit Accident Insurance if you're injured during transport on your trip.
- Platinum benefits. You can take advantage of a free wine with the Citibank Dining Program, Citi World Privileges and more.
- Mastercard benefits. With Mastercard Priceless Cities, you’ll get access to exclusive entertainment, dining, travel and other lifestyle experiences in more than 40 cities around the world.
- Mobile payment technology. The Citi Clear Card allows you to use your qualifying Samsung and Apple devices to make contactless payments via Samsung Pay and Apple Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $99.
- Interest-free period. When you pay your balance in full, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on your purchases. Note that interest-free days don't apply if you're carrying a balance transfer debt.
- Cash advances. If you make a cash advance transaction using your card, you will be charged interest at the cash advance rate of 22.24% from the day the transaction is made. You will also be charged a one-time fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount or $3.50 (whichever is greater). If you make a cash advance overseas, the fee is $5.
- Additional cards. Customers can get up to 4 additional cards at no extra cost.