Find car insurance to meet your needs and save with Woolworths.
Buying a new car can be an extremely exciting time. After spending the time researching different models and trawling websites and newspapers to find a car to meet your budget and requirements, finally driving away in your new wheels can be a huge relief. But have given your car insurance enough thought? It is crucial to take the time to compare different car insurance options to ensure you find cover that is both affordable while still providing an adequate level of protection.
Receive a quote for Woolworths car insurance policies
One car insurance brand worth considering when looking at different cover options is Woolworths. Woolworths offers both comprehensive car insurance and third party property insurance with applicants also having the ability to tailor their policy to suit their own cover requirements.
Comprehensive Car Insurance:
This Woolworths car insurance covers the entire vehicle. This car insurance offers cover for fire, theft, damage due to weather, accidental damage and malicious damage. The benefits included are:
- Cover for child safety seats and pram if they are damaged during a car accident
- 24-hour helpline for assistance on emergency claims
- For the first 24 months of the insurance, new for old replacement for the car if you are the registered car owner
- Towing costs to get the car towed to a safe place
- In the event the car’s keys are stolen, the insurance pays up to $1,000 to help pay for the replacement key and get the car lock changed
- If there is a trailer and caravan attached to the car and they get damaged during an accident, the damage will be covered up to $1,000
- The insurance offers cover for valuables and personal property damaged during the car accident
- If the car owner is over 200 km from home and due to some fault the car cannot be driven, the insurance covers the cost of emergency travel and accommodation
Third Party Property Damage Cover:
Accidents can happen when least expected and can cause significant damage not only to the drivers vehicle but also another vehicle(s) that may be involved. Third Party Property Damage Cover from Woolworths covers damage to other vehicles and also offers legal liability cover to the driver, as long as he or she is driving the car with the owner’s permission. Even passengers are provided legal liability cover. The benefits included in this car insurance are as follows:
Legal liability cover that pays compensation for any damage or loss caused to another person’s property because of the accident. Here the car owner should be at fault
The insurance includes Uninsured Motorist Extension benefit that covers any damage to the car if the accident is caused by an uninsured driver. The damage is covered to the sum of $3,000.
Car owners also have the option of choosing the excess they pay when they take out the policy
The following are built-in benefits that are covered if a car owner buys Comprehensive Car Insurance. Woolworths will pay for these benefits.
- New for Old Replacement of the Car: If the car is declared a total loss within 24 months of the registration, Woolworths has the option of replacing the old car with a new one. This replacement would be the same or similar make and model.In the event that Woolworths does replace the car, the claim is settled as per the market value of the car.
- Towing Costs: The insurance pays for towing of the damaged car to the closest safe or secure place.
- Trailer and Caravan Cover: Woolworths pays up to $1,000 for loss or damage to a caravan or trailer that is attached to the car at the time of the accident. The trailer or caravan will not be covered if they are insured with another insurance provider.
- Essential Repairs: The insurance pays up to $500 for essential repairs that may ensue after an accident. These repairs should be made to make the car roadworthy and safe.
- Personal Property: Personal property to the sum of $500 damaged in the accident is covered by the insurance policy. Items that are exempt from cover include mobile phones, iPads, gaming consoles, cameras, musical instruments, laptops, tools, equipment, cheques, cash and documents and property inside the caravan or trailer.
- Child Safety Seats and Prams: If child seats, prams and baby capsules are damaged during an accident, a benefit of up to $500 will be paid.
- Emergency Travel and Accommodation Costs: If the car cannot be driven and the car owner is 200 km from home, the insurance will pay up to $500 for travel or emergency accommodation costs.
- Locks and Keys: If the car keys are stolen, Woolworths will pay up to $1,000 to replace the keys and/or replace the locks. This amount is payable only if the car owner reports the theft to the police and the person who has stolen the keys is not a family member or someone who lives with the car owner.
- Transit Cover: Woolworths car insurance pays for any loss or damage the car sustains while it is being transported, loaded or unloaded within Australia. This transportation can be by rail, ship, air or road.
- Uninsured Motorist Extension Benefit: Should a car owner have Third Party Property Damage insurance and the car is involved in an accident, which is caused by a motorist who does not have insurance, the insurance will pay up to $3,000 towards repair of the damage and towing costs. There are certain criteria that the car owner must fulfil in order to avail this benefit.
Woolworths car insurance policies will also provide substitute car benefit. If the car cannot be driven and the car owner has an accident while driving an uninsured but registered substitute car, Woolworths car insurance will offer Third Party Property Damage cover for the substitute car while the car owner’s car is being repaired. The substitute car benefit does not apply if car is hired or owned by the car owner. It is important to note that any damage or loss to the substitute car is not covered by this particular benefit.
There are a number of different reasons to consider taking out Woolworths Car Insurance;
The company offers comprehensive car insurance that ensures a wide range of cover, including fire, theft and accidental damage. Comprehensive cover comes with a range of additional policy options including new for old of car cover for up to 24 months if you are the first registered owner.
Woolworths Third Party Property Insurance provides cover for damage caused to another person's vehicle and will provide cover for any person that is driving the car with your permission.
The Drive Less Pay Less Option:
The Drive Less Pay Less car insurance from Woolworths is perfect for people who drive less than the average for their age and postcode. This option provides excellent savings as drivers are able to nominate an annual number of kilometers that they will drive each year and increase this amount if necessary.
Online Application Savings:
Keen to save even more on your car cover? Woolworths is offering a 5% discount on new car insurance policies purchased online.
Benefits and drawbacks to consider
- With an innovative underwriter, Woolworths may offer creative deals – like price matching comprehensive car insurance – that you might have difficulty finding elsewhere.
- A full spectrum of policies from basic to comprehensive means most drivers can find the cover they need with Woolworths.
- Woolworths’ 24/7 claims team is based in Australia so you can find the right assistance in the event of a claim.
- You may be able to use the Price Beat offer as a way of comparing policies. If they won’t match your existing comprehensive car insurance because it’s not comparable, then you might have a particularly good, or a particularly bad, car insurance policy. You may wish to find out which of the two, if any, it is.
- You can take advantage of Drive Less Pay Less cover for the security of comprehensive car insurance even when you don’t drive all that much. If you drive less than the average Australian you may be eligible for a discount.
- A variety of optional extras and flexible cover features mean you are able to tailor Woolworths car insurance policies to more closely meet your needs.
- The Price Beat offer is not available to drivers under the age of 25.
- You have to make the switch within a month, either before or after, of your current car insurance renewal date if you want to take advantage of the Price Beat offer.
- You can’t get covered for motor sports, professional driving, driving outside Australia or if you use your vehicle to move industrial quantities of contaminants or dangerous materials.
- Even comprehensive car insurance will not cover you against rust, wear and tear, depreciation or faulty repair jobs that Woolworths has not consented to.
How do I apply for Woolworths car insurance?
- Compare the cover options available and find one that’s right for your needs.
- To get the Price Beat offer, you need to have comparable comprehensive car insurance from a different provider, must make the switch within a month of your policy renewal date and need to sign up online.
- Put in your Woolworths Rewards membership details if applicable to maximise your benefits.
Once you’ve found your intended policy and made sure you know the relevant terms and conditions, simply get a quote online.
To receive a quote you will need:
- A policy start-date in mind. If you want to make the switch right away select today’s date in the box provided
- Driver’s licence and vehicle registration information
- Car usage info to see if you can get the Drive Less Pay Less benefit and so Woolworths can adjust your policy to suit
- Information on your car’s make and model
- Relevant personal information such as name and address
How do I make a claim with Woolworths?
To make a car insurance claim, call Woolworths’ 24/7 claims team on 1300 10 1234. They’ll take the relevant details and give you a claim number and your next steps.
Alternatively, you can make a claim online by completing a claims form and emailing it to email@example.com or faxing it to 02 8889 9511. Remember to get the full name, address and insurance details of other parties involved in the incident as well as their phone and licence number if you can.
Get in touch as soon as is reasonably possible. If your car is not driveable they can arrange towing, both to an initial safe location and then to the repairer who will give a quote for the damage. From here, subject to applicable policy terms and conditions, Woolworths will decide whether to repair the car themselves, pay you the cost of repairs, replace your vehicle or pay out up to the agreed or market value.