Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own.

Australian Seniors car insurance

Looking for quality car insurance with flexible cover options designed with the needs of older Australians in mind.

Not enough reviews Write a review

Australian Seniors car insurance provides cover tailored to seniors. They offer the standard Comprehensive, Third Party Property, Fire and Theft, and Third Party Property Damage policies, plus a Pay-As-You-Drive policy for those who don't drive much. Australian Seniors car insurance might be a good choice for you if you’re older, don’t drive your car as much or are after a seniors’ discount.

We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Australian Seniors website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
Compare car insurance

Finder's 2 favourite features

  1. Pay-As-You-Drive option for those who don't drive much.
  2. 5% discount for Seniors Card holders. Terms and conditions apply. See website for details.

Review by our car insurance expert Alexandra Koster

What cover options does it have?

  • Third Party Property Damage. If you’re seeking simple cover, Third Party Property Damage insurance protects you against any accidental damage to other people's cars and property.
  • Third Party Property, Fire and Theft. Offering the same cover as Third Party Property Damage with additional protection against fire and theft, or attempted theft.
  • Comprehensive. Comprehensive policies cover everything from accidental damage to fire and theft, emergency repairs and even damage to your personal belongings, and come with a range of optional offers (see below).
  • Pay as You Drive. If you’re seeking Comprehensive cover but don’t use your car much, you can save with Pay as You Drive insurance. Providing the same level of cover, your premiums will be based on the distance you estimate you’ll drive in the period of the policy.

How does each cover type compare?

Third Party Property DamageThird Party Property, Fire and TheftComprehensive/Pay as You Drive
Theft or attempted theft
Malicious damage
Natural events
Legal liability
New for old replacement (24 months)
Hire car after theft
Trailer and caravan cover
Essential repairs
Transit cover
Personal property
Child seats and prams
Emergency travel and accommodation
Locks and keys
Towing cost
Uninsured motorist extension benefit
Hire car cover

What additional cover options are there?

  • Excess-free windscreen cover. The cost of replacing or repairing your windscreen is covered if your windscreen is accidentally broken or damaged. With this optional extra your first windscreen claim in any one period of insurance will be excess free. This option only applies to claims where damage is limited to the windscreen, sunroof or window glass.
  • Hire car cover. If your car is unavailable due to damage or theft, hire car cover provides you with an approved hire car, to a limit of $50 per day, until repairs are completed on your car or you have reached the maximum hire period shown on your Certificate of Insurance, whichever happens first.
  • Roadside assistance. This is available as an optional service with all insurance policies and also available as standalone cover. This option gives you access to 24-hour roadside assistance service.

What exclusions are there?

As with all insurance policies, there are a number of exclusions you need to keep in mind when selecting your cover. Your claim may be rejected if:

  • You lie or provide misleading information on your claim
  • You failed to secure your car or you leave it in an unsafe location
  • You fail to report the incident to the police as soon as possible in cases of theft, malicious damage or a serious accident
  • The person driving your car was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • The driver is younger than the age restriction of your policy
  • Your car was being used in an illegal way or for criminal activities
  • Your car was being used for business, taxi or rideshare purposes
  • Your car was carrying passengers or loads over the legal limit
  • You deliberately caused or authorised the damage or loss
  • Your car was damaged or lost outside of Australia

What excess do I need to pay?

If you make a claim and are considered responsible or at fault for the accident, you will be required to pay the applicable excess. The amount of the excess will vary depending on the damage and situation of the incident. Your Certificate of Insurance will show the amount and types of excess that apply to your policy. A claim is only accepted if the total amount you are claiming for is more than any excesses that apply to your claim.

How do I make a claim?

Secure your car and contact any services you may need (ambulance, police or roadside assistance). Gather all details, including full names, contact numbers, licence and registration details for all drivers involved, and lodge your claims by calling 131 343.

Why you can trust Finder's car insurance experts


We're free

You pay the same as buying directly from the car insurer. Better still, we regularly run exclusive deals that you won't find on any other site – plus, our tables make it easy to compare policies.
expert advice

We're experts

Our team of car insurance experts have researched and rated dozens of policies as part of our Finder Awards and published 330+ guides to make it easier for you to compare.

We're independent

Unlike other comparison sites, we're not owned by an insurer. That means our opinions are our own and we work with lots of car insurance brands, making it easier for you to find a good deal.

We're here to help

Since 2014, we've helped 300,000+ people find car insurance by explaining your cover options, simply and clearly. We'll never ask for your number or email. We're here to help you make a decision.

More guides on Finder

Go to site