Pay a low ongoing rate on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances, as well as $59 annual fee.
The Big Sky Visa Low Rate Credit Card is a no-frills card that charges the same competitive rate on purchases, cash advances, and even balances transfers.
This makes for easy account management and also helps you to save. The savings continue cardholders having up to 45 interest-free days on purchases, and these interest-free days apply to balance transfers as well. Cardholders don’t have to pay any application fees, annual fees, or additional card fees.
|Product Name||Big Sky Credit Union Visa Low Rate Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||11.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$59 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 45 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||18.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$59 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of the credit card limit or $25.00 (whichever is higher)|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$4|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
Big Sky Visa Low Rate Credit Card review
The competitive rate that this card attracts, which currently stands at 11.99% p.a., applies to purchases, cash advances, and any amount you bring over in a balance transfer. If you use your card in the right manner, you can get up to 45 interest-free days for purchases and balance transfers. What also helps is that this low rate Visa card does not charge any ongoing annual fees.
Benefits of the Big Sky Visa Low Rate Credit Card
- Save with competitive rate and low fees. This card charges a single low rate for all transactions, which include purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. Don't worry about managing different rates and how your repayments will be applied. You also won't be charged any ongoing monthly or annual account-keeping fees, application fees, or fees for additional cards.
- Balance transfer offer. In addition to paying the card’s competitive rate on transferred balances, you can also get up to 45 interest-free days to pay balances that you transfer. Transferred balances are subject to the same rules as purchases in regards to interest-free days.
- Easy access. Visa finds acceptance the world over, so you can use this card just about everywhere your travels take you. As long as you see the Visa logo, you can use your card at EFTPOS terminals as well as ATMs. If you see the payWave symbol, you can use your card to make contactless payments of up to $100. You can also use this card to make online and over-the-phone transactions.
Big Sky Visa Low Rate Credit Card features
- Annual fee. The annual fee for this card is $59.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your card’s closing balance completely at the end of every billing cycle, you can get as many as 45 interest-free days. These apply to purchases as well as balance transfers.
- Balance transfer offer. You can save considerably by transferring balances to this card and making use of the competitive rate and interest-free days. One standard rate applies to your purchases as well as the balance transfer amount, so you can continue to use this card while making repayments without worrying about how your repayments will be applied.
- Additional cardholders. You can get up to 4 additional cards linked to your primary account for free. Additional cardholders should be at least 18 years old.
- Repayment options. Making repayments to your Visa Low Rate Card is easy. You can set up direct debits, you can make payments via online or phone banking, you can mail cheques, or you can visit any Big Sky branch.
- Visa payWave. This technology allows you to use your card to make contactless payments under $100 at merchants that accept payWave payments.
- Verified by Visa. When you or anyone else uses your credit card details to make online transactions, Verified by Visa provides additional security. If it detects any unusual activity, it asks for some personal details to verify that are the cardholder.
How to apply for the Big Sky Visa Low Rate Credit Card
You can visit any Big Sky branch to apply, get started over the phone, download an application from the Big Sky website, or you can submit an online application. Take into account that you have to meet the certain eligibility criteria, which are as follows:
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are a permanent resident of Australia
- You have good creditworthiness
In order to successfully complete the application you have to provide an array of information, so keep the following close at hand:
- Identification documents such as your Australian driver’s license, passport, or Medicare card
- Your employer’s name, phone number, and address
- Details about your income and expenses
- Details about your assets and liabilities
The competitive rate that this card charges for all transactions can lead to savings and easy money management in the long run, but given that there are a number of low rate cards from which to choose, make sure you take some time to compare it with similar offerings.Back to top