What is the best account to use overseas?Hoa is looking for an Australian bank account that meets the following requirements:
- Online only (although it's OK if the bank has physical branches)
- Can be accessed without requiring an SMS code
He is currently living overseas and his current bank has moved to a system that requires him to enter an SMS code each time he wants to log in to his account. There are a few options he may want to consider:
- Rabobank Online Savings: While a phone is not required as part of its online banking system, you do receive a DigiPass that holds the codes for you to log into your account.
- Citibank: Citibank's iPhone app allows you to generate codes, but you'll need a working Australian phone number to activate this feature. Bonus: Citibank's Plus account offers fee-free international money transfers.
- Purchasing a cheap Australian SIM card: This will solve the SMS problem.