Australian Unity Low Rate Visa Credit Card
Get a low, ongoing interest rate on purchases and a competitive annual fee of $59.
The Australian Unity Low Rate Visa Credit Card has a competitive purchase rate of 9.9% p.a. and offers up to 45 interest-free days on purchases. It also gives you a way to make payments from your mobile device, thanks to Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay functionality.
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Australian Unity Low Rate Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate||9.9% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||45 days|
|Cash advance rate||18.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Low interest rate of 9.9% p.a. on purchases
- 4 additional cardholders at no extra cost
- Only offers up to 45 days interest-free, compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$10|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||5%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||5%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$4|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
How to apply
If you've compared your options and decided you want to get the Australian Unity Low Rate Visa, you can apply online in around 5-10 minutes. Get started now by making sure you meet the eligibility criteria and that you have all the documents and details you'll need ready to go.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Residency. You must be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Credit history. You must have a good creditworthiness.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, residential address, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and contact number. You'll also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number, passport or Medicare card.
- Employment details. You'll be asked to provide details about your current and previous employment.
- Financial details. You'll need to verify your income and provide details of your expenses, assets and liabilities.
- Interest-free days. Get up to 45 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your card's closing balance by the due date on each statement.
- Security. If you can't find your card, you can put a temporary lock on it through the Australian Unity mobile app. This account also offers a 24/7 fraud protection service and emergency assistance. Plus Visa Zero Liability Protection that covers the cost of fraudulent transactions.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The annual fee for this card is $59, which is on the lower end of the scale.
- Cash advances. If you use this card to withdraw money from an ATM or for any other cash advance transaction, a cash advance fee of 5% applies. The 18.99% p.a. cash advance interest rate will also apply from the time of the transaction.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 4 additional cards linked to your primary account for free. Additional cardholders should be at least 18 years old.