Compare deals and discounts from AAMI Travel Insurance
AAMI provides international travel insurance for Australian residents between 18 and 65 years old. This cover is only available for journeys beginning and ending in Australia. Compare AAMI Travel Insurance discounts and save on cover.
Show code & visit siteYO****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteit****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteFI****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
What policies are available from AAMI Travel Insurance?
The International Travel Insurance Policy from AAMI is an all-inclusive product that covers you for::
- Medical expenses and additional expenses related to illness, injury or death
- Theft, loss or damage of luggage, personal effects and travel documents
- Cancelled, interrupted or delayed travels
- Personal liability
- Hire car insurance excess
Pros and Cons of AAMI Travel Insurance
- Underwritten by AAI Limited
- A single international travel insurance policy for journeys beginning and ending in Australia
- Available 24/7
- Reverse charges accepted for calls from overseas
- Cover for stopovers
- Childcare cover in the event of illness
- Free policy extension for medical reasons
- Some pre-existing medical conditions excluded
- Only covers Australian residents up to 65 years of age
- No online facilities for claims
How do I apply for AAMI Travel Insurance?
- Get an online quote. Fill in the details of your trip and personal information for a quote on the premium you’ll be paying.
- Read up on what’s covered. Check online reviews and comparisons to find out what others think of the policy. Make sure you read and understand the product disclosure statement (PDS).
- Check out any additional options. If you require additional options to cover specific activities or luggage items, make sure the policy offers extra cover before purchasing it.
How do I make a claim with AAMI Travel Insurance?
- Get in touch. The first step in the claims process is getting in touch with your insurer. This should be done as soon as if safe to do so. You can contact AAMI via telephone or email.
- Alert the relevant local authorities. In the case of lost, stolen or damaged luggage or personal effects, the onus is on you to inform the local authorities.
- Supply documentation. Besides police reports and statements from transport companies, you may have to provide additional documents depending on the type of claim. These can include medical reports, receipts, proof of ownership, tickets and any other document that might assist AAMI in processing your claim.
- Be honest. Answer questions as truthfully and completely as possible. Any false or incomplete claim will be rejected, and any money paid to you will have to be reimbursed.
AAMI Travel Insurance FAQ
Q. How long does the cover last?
- A. Cover for cancelled travel is valid from the date the policy is issued to the policy’s end date. All other cover kicks in from your departure date and is valid until the policy end date.
Q. How are my premiums calculated?
- A. Your premiums are based on your destination, the duration of your journey and the number of people to be covered by the terms of the travel insurance contract. Destinations are grouped into regions, and each region implies a different price for your policy.
Q. Am I covered for stopovers?
- A. You are covered for the first 72 hours of a stopover outside of your selected region.
Q. Can I extend my policy?
- A. Yes. If your policy is about to expire, you can apply to have it extended by up to 180 days for an additional premium. A prolonged stay due to medical reasons is extended free of charge.
Q. What about pre-existing medical conditions?
- A. Unless specified by the terms of your contract, any injury or illness arising from a pre-existing medical condition will not be covered.
Q. Can I cancel my AAMI policy if I’m not happy with it?
- A. AAMI allows a 14-day cooling-off period during which you have the option of cancelling your policy. You will receive a full refund minus a processing fee of $30.
Q. Who is AAMI Underwritten By?
- A. AAMI Travel Insurance is underwritten by AAI Limited, an Australian licensed general insurer.