Guide to Woolworths WISH Gift Cards
Discover how you can use a Woolworths Gift Card or eGift card to shop at the supermarket, BWS, Caltex and other participating retailers.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
You can use a Woolworths' WISH Gift Cards at a participating Woolworths Group stores including Woolworths supermarkets, Big W, BWS, Dan Murphy's, Cellarmasters and Caltex.
Woolworths WISH Gift Cards can be purchased in Woolworths Group stores or online, with both actual cards and eGift Card options available. These cards are also available in a variety of designs, allowing you to customise them based on specific occasions such as birthdays or graduations.
What types of gift cards are offered by Woolworths?
You can choose from three different types of gift cards:
- WISH. You can redeem these cards at any Woolworths Group stores including Woolworths, Big W, Dan Murphy's, BWS, Cellarmasters and Caltex.
- Brand These gift cards are specific to individual stores within the Woolworths Group. For example, Big W gift cards can only be used at Big W stores.
- Essential/groceries. Use the gift cards to shop at Woolworths, Big W and Caltex.
Where can I use Woolworths WISH Gift Cards?
You can use a WISH gift card at all participating Woolworths Group stores and online. The specific range will vary depending on the gift card you choose but generally includes:
- Woolworths Group Stores. Woolworths, Big W, Big W Optical, Caltex Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy's and Cellarmasters.
- Online. Woolworths online (excludes online photo processing), Dan Murphy's and Cellarmasters.
What are the features of a Woolworths WISH Gift Card?
- Flexible amounts. You can get a WISH gift card with a minimum value of as little as $5 or $10 up to a maximum value up to $500. If you want to gift more than the maximum limit, you'll need to buy more than one card.
- Physical or online. There are physical plastic gift card or e-gift cards available, both of which can be used online and in-store.
- Customisable cards. These gift cards come in a range of designs. You can customise WISH eGift Cards with an uploaded image and/or a personal message.
What factors should I consider before buying a Woolworths WISH Gift Card?
Make sure you keep the following factors in mind to get the most out of a WISH Gift Card.
- Delivery time. If you buy a WISH gift card in-store you get the card straight away and activation takes place within 24 hours. When you buy a gift card online, Woolworths emails it to you or your chosen recipient within 12 hours. If you’re buying a physical WISH gift card online, it should be delivered within six to eight business days.
- Delivery costs. If you choose to buy a physical WISH gift card online, Woolworths charges a delivery fee.
- Fixed value. Once you have ordered a WISH Gift Card, you can't request for the amount to be changed.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Best graphics cards in Australia
Whether you’re putting together a 4K beast, a VR-ready machine or just want to try out PC gaming cheaply, these are the best graphics cards you can buy.
Where to buy gift cards with Afterpay online in Australia
Stuck on gift ideas or short on cash? See our comprehensive list of which online retailers offer gift cards with Afterpay.
Diners Club Business Card
The Diners Club Business Card can be used to earn points per $1 with over 35 million merchants – including Officeworks, Qantas and Woolworths.
Diners Club Personal Card
Diners Club offers a competitive rewards program, travel and shopping perks and can be used at businesses including Coles, Woolworths and Target.
Credit cards vs buy now pay later
Both buy now pay later plans and credit cards give you ways to pay off purchases over time – here's how they compare.
Cryptocurrency security: End to end guide on keeping your crypto safe
SPONSORED: Your crypto is only worth something if you don’t lose it. Here’s how to keep it safe from start to finish.
Gift Card Store discount codes and coupons October 2020
Check out these discount codes and see how much you could save on the gift of choice at Gift Card Store.
Father’s Day 2020 gift ideas you don’t have to leave the house for
SPONSORED: Spoil your dad this Father's Day with these easy gift ideas. The best part? You don't have to get off the couch!
Woolworths customers asked to wear face masks in NSW, ACT and parts of QLD
We look at rules for face masks at Woolworths, Coles, Big W and Dan Murphy's.
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.