Guide to Woolworths WISH Gift Cards
Discover how you can use a Woolworths Gift Card or eGift card to shop at the supermarket, BWS, Caltex and other participating retailers.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
You can use a Woolworths' WISH Gift Cards at a participating Woolworths Group stores including Woolworths supermarkets, Big W, BWS, Dan Murphy's, Cellarmasters and Caltex.
Woolworths WISH Gift Cards can be purchased in Woolworths Group stores or online, with both actual cards and eGift Card options available. These cards are also available in a variety of designs, allowing you to customise them based on specific occasions such as birthdays or graduations.
What types of gift cards are offered by Woolworths?
You can choose from three different types of gift cards:
- WISH. You can redeem these cards at any Woolworths Group stores including Woolworths, Big W, Dan Murphy's, BWS, Cellarmasters and Caltex.
- Brand These gift cards are specific to individual stores within the Woolworths Group. For example, Big W gift cards can only be used at Big W stores.
- Essential/groceries. Use the gift cards to shop at Woolworths, Big W and Caltex.
Where can I use Woolworths WISH Gift Cards?
You can use a WISH gift card at all participating Woolworths Group stores and online. The specific range will vary depending on the gift card you choose but generally includes:
- Woolworths Group Stores. Woolworths, Big W, Big W Optical, Caltex Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy's and Cellarmasters.
- Online. Woolworths online (excludes online photo processing), Dan Murphy's and Cellarmasters.
What are the features of a Woolworths WISH Gift Card?
- Flexible amounts. You can get a WISH gift card with a minimum value of as little as $5 or $10 up to a maximum value up to $500. If you want to gift more than the maximum limit, you'll need to buy more than one card.
- Physical or online. There are physical plastic gift card or e-gift cards available, both of which can be used online and in-store.
- Customisable cards. These gift cards come in a range of designs. You can customise WISH eGift Cards with an uploaded image and/or a personal message.
What factors should I consider before buying a Woolworths WISH Gift Card?
Make sure you keep the following factors in mind to get the most out of a WISH Gift Card.
- Delivery time. If you buy a WISH gift card in-store you get the card straight away and activation takes place within 24 hours. When you buy a gift card online, Woolworths emails it to you or your chosen recipient within 12 hours. If you’re buying a physical WISH gift card online, it should be delivered within six to eight business days.
- Delivery costs. If you choose to buy a physical WISH gift card online, Woolworths charges a delivery fee.
- Fixed value. Once you have ordered a WISH Gift Card, you can't request for the amount to be changed.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card – Exclusive Offer
The ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card offers a competitive rewards program, $0 annual fee for the first year, a $500 gift card, a balance transfer offer and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Best Scotch whiskey you can buy in Australia
These are the six best Scotches available to buy in Australia right now.
Where to buy gift cards with Afterpay online in Australia
Stuck on gift ideas or short on cash? See our comprehensive list of which online retailers offer gift cards with Afterpay.
Gift Card Store discount codes and coupons January 2021
Check out these discount codes and see how much you could save on the gift of choice at Gift Card Store.
The Card Network discount and promo codes January 2021 | Gift cards for use in-store or online
The Card Network (TCN) brings you gift cards that make shopping fun and easy. They are simple to buy and use. Enjoy!
Best frequent flyer and rewards credit cards June 2020
Imagine what you could do with up to 200,000 bonus points on one of these credit cards.
Where to buy Australian made gifts
Buy them something iconically Australian by shopping for homewares, decor, beauty products and fashion gifts at these stores.
Podcast: Curveballs – how to stay resilient when the going gets tough
In this episode of Pocket Money, we talk about how to cope when life goes wrong, financially, emotionally or physically. From coronavirus to cancer, how can you learn to bounce back quicker and in better shape than ever?
Managing your finances during the coronavirus outbreak
Learn how to manage your finances and protect yourself during the coronavirus pandemic.
Coronavirus: How to manage your credit card
Learn about coronavirus financial support options, complimentary insurance and other credit card details you may be wondering about.