Woolworths WISH Gift Cards provide you with the freedom to buy a range of products from different Woolworths Group stores.
Woolworths' WISH Gift Cards are designed to offer both the flexibility of cash and the thoughtfulness of a traditional present. These cards can be bought in Woolworths Group stores or online, with both actual cards and eGift Card options available.
Unlike some gift cards, which are limited in where you can use them, Woolworths WISH Gift Cards can be used at a range of stores including Woolworths, Big W, BWS, Dan Murphy's and Cellarmasters. These cards are also available in a variety of designs, allowing you to customise them based on specific occasions such as birthdays or graduations.
What gift cards are offered by Woolworths?
- Essentials cards. These cards offer limited use, and one can redeem them at Woolworths Supermarkets. Cardholders cannot redeem these cards online, and they cannot use them to pay for Gift Cards and eGift Cards or tobacco and alcohol products.
- Groceries Only Cards. You can redeem these cards only at Woolworths Supermarkets, in-store and not online. Again, you cannot use them to pay for Gift Cards and eGift Cards or tobacco and alcohol products.
- Store Gift Cards and eGift Cards. These are store specific cards, and a cardholder can redeem a store gift card in-store or online, depending on the retailer. Some options include the Woolworths Supermarket Gift Card, the Dick Smith Gift Card, and the BWS Gift Card.
A Woolworths WISH Gift Card can make a thoughtful present for just about anyone, with acceptance at many stores and a range of designs. The card does come with some restrictions, though, so keep those in mind when considering this type of card as a gift.
What are the features of a Woolworths WISH Gift Card?
- Multiple participating stores. You can use a WISH gift card at any participating Woolworths Group retailer, with options for both in-store and online shopping.
- Flexible amounts. You can get a WISH gift card with a minimum value of as little as $5 or $10, and a maximum value up to $500. If you want to gift more than the maximum limit, you'll need to buy more than one card.
- Classic or online. You can get a Woolworths WISH gift card in the conventional plastic card format, which can be used in-store and online. You can also get a WISH gift card online, in which case Woolworth delivers the card to the recipient electronically, with instructions on how to use the card both in-store and online.
- Customisable cards. You can choose from a range of designs for both traditional and online WISH Gift Cards. WISH eGift Cards can also be customised with an uploaded image and/or a personal message.
Where can I use Woolworths WISH Gift Cards?
You can use a WISH gift card at all participating Woolworths Group stores and online. The specific range will vary depending on the gift card you choose but generally includes:
- Woolworths Group Stores. Woolworths, Big W, Big W Vision, Masters Home Improvement, BWS, Dan Murphy's, Cellarmasters and Thomas Dux.
- Online. Woolworths online (excludes online photo processing), Dan Murphy’s, Cellarmasters and Masters Home Improvement.
What should I be wary of when using a Woolworths WISH Gift Card?
Make sure you keep the following factors in mind to get the most out of a WISH Gift Card.
- Validity. These cards remain valid for a period for 12 months from the date value was loaded onto it. Once the card expires, any remaining value on it will be lost.
- Delivery time. If you buy a WISH gift card in-store you get the card straight away, and activation takes place within 24 hours. If you buy it online, it should be emailed to you or your chosen recipient within 12 hours. If you’re buying a conventional WISH gift card online, delivery can take in between six to eight business days.
- Delivery costs. If you choose to buy a traditional WISH gift card online, there is a delivery fee of $5.50 for registered post or $14.99 for a secure courier service.
- Fixed value. Once you have ordered a WISH Gift Card, the amount of money you requested to load on the card cannot be changed.
Frequently asked questions