The Westpac Altitude Business Platinum Credit Card offers a $0 annual fee in the first year, which goes to $200 p.a. from the second year on. It also has a $0 additional cardholder fee and unauthorised transaction insurance. Just make sure you think about whether the potential value you'll get from points and other features is enough to justify the annual fee after the first year.
Westpac Altitude Business Platinum Credit Card
- Purchase rate
- 20.24% p.a.
- Reward point per $ spent
- Annual fee for the first year ($200 p.a. thereafter)
- $0 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
$0 first-year annual fee
4.99% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months
Up to 2 points per $1 on eligible spending
$200 annual fee after the first year
Only offers 1 additional cardholder
3% foreign transaction fee
|Product Name||Westpac Altitude Business Platinum Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||4.99% for 12 months, then 20.74%|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||20.24%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||20.74%|
|Min credit limit||$20,000|
|Max credit limit||$150,000|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Rewards program||Westpac Altitude Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Annual fee||$0 first year ($200 after)|
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$0|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
How to apply
You can apply for the Westpac Altitude Business Platinum Credit Card online in around 10 minutes and could get a response within 60 seconds of submitting your completed application. To get started, check that you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the details and documents you need for the application.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $30,000 per year.
- Business details. You can only apply for this card if you plan to use it for business or investment purposes. You also need to have an active ABN (Australian Business Number) or ACN (Australian Company Number).
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. As this is a personal liability card, you'll need to provide your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, contact number and household details. You'll also need to provide a valid form of identification, such as your passport or driver's licence number.
- Business and employment details. This includes details about your business ventures, as well as your ABN or ACN and your accountant's details. If you also have employment, you'll need to provide details of your job and your employer.
- Financial details. This includes your income from all sources (business, salary etc), as well as your assets and any investments. You'll also need to provide details of your financial commitments, such as existing loans, business expenses and your share of household expenses.
- First-year annual fee waiver. The Westpac Altitude Business Platinum Credit Card offers a $0 annual fee in the first year, which goes to $200 after that.
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers a low 4.99% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for the first 12 months when you include your balance transfer request as part of your application. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining balance transfer amount attracts the card's 20.74% p.a. cash advance interest rate. While Westpac does not list an offer end-date, it may vary or withdraw this offer at any time.
- Uncapped reward points. The Westpac Altitude Business Platinum Credit Card earns 1 Altitude Point for every $1 spent on eligible business purchases in Australia and 2 points per $1 spent on overseas purchases. It also earns 0.5 points per $1 on government payments. You can redeem points for rewards including gift cards, retail items and frequent flyer point transfers to Qantas Frequent Flyer, Velocity Frequent Flyer, Air New Zealand Airpoints, Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer and Cathay Pacific Asia Miles.
- Complimentary insurance for travel and shopping. This card gives you access to complimentary international travel insurance, transit accident insurance and interstate flight inconvenience insurance. It also offers purchase protection insurance and extended warranty insurance for eligible items you buy with this card.
- Unauthorised transaction insurance. This insurance helps protect you against unauthorised transactions made on the account.
- Automatic bank feeds for accounting software. You can link this account to eligible accounting software including MYOB, QuickBooks and Xero to save time on manually entering transaction details.
- Mobile technology. You can link your Westpac Altitude Business Platinum credit card with Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay to make contactless payments with your compatible device at the checkout.
- Platinum concierge service. This service functions in the form of a personal assistant and can help you reserve tables at restaurants, organise gifts, book tickets for different kinds of events, and even arrange business meetings.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card has a standard annual fee of $200 p.a. There is no additional cardholder fee if you decide to add an additional cardholder to your account.
- Interest rates. The Westpac Altitude Business Platinum credit card has a variable purchase rate of 20.24% p.a. and a variable cash advance rate of 20.74% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account's closing balance in full by the due date on each statement, you'll get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Foreign transaction fee. A 3% fee applies when you use this card overseas or online in a foreign currency.
- Security. This account offers 24/7 fraud-monitoring, a fraud money-back guarantee and Westpac's Added Online Security service that you can use when shopping online with participating businesses.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
May 18, 2019
HI! I am after the best credit card to get as many Qantas points as possible. I am a business owner and will be using the card for all my purchases that I can. I will be paying the owed money before due date and don’t want any fees associated with any purchases.
May 19, 2019
Thank you for reaching out.
You can start compare business credit cards using our comparison table. Looking at it, it shows that American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card gives the higest point at 1.25 per dollar spent while the NAB Qantas Business Signature Card gives .66 points per dollar spent.
The good thing is American Express Qantas Business Rewards gives 120,000 bonus Qantas Points when you were approved on or before July 2019. While NAB Qantas Business Signature Card gives 100,000 bonus Qantas Points (terms and conditions apply). Feel free to check the linked pages should you wish to review them further.
Hope this helps! 😊
Show more Show less
October 09, 2017
Hi, can you earn Qantas FF points on the AMEX card for international transactions, or is it only domestic?
October 09, 2017
Thank you for contacting finder. We are a comparison website and general information service, we’re more than happy to offer general advice.
You can earn points for domestic or overseas transactions as long as they are eligible purchases.
I hope this helps.
Show more Show less
August 18, 2017
With Business platinum is there a cap on points per month?
August 18, 2017
Thank you for your inquiry.
It is uncapped for Altitude Business Platinum, 20,000 for Altitude Business Gold and 12,500 points for Altitude Business per statement cycle.
Hope this helps.
October 02, 2016
When paying the ato using altitude business platinum amex card, what is the qantas frequent flyer earn rate per dollar.
October 13, 2016
Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry for the delayed reply. You can actually earn 1 Altitude Rewards point per $1 spent on ATO payments using your Westpac Altitude Business Platinum Credit Card.
As for the Qantas points, if you opt into the Qantas frequent flyer program (instead of the Altitude Rewards) linked to this card, the rate would be 1 Qantas point per $1 spent and the Qantas points will go straight to your Qantas frequent flyer account.
Show more Show less
September 20, 2015
Do you issue multiple cards for the same account and if so is there a fee for each card
what is the max number of cards that you issue for each business?
September 21, 2015
Hi Carolyn, thanks for your inquiry!
The Westpac Altitude Business Platinum credit card charges $0 for additional cardholders and supports one additional cardholder (16 years or older) at no extra cost.