Westpac Altitude Black
Earn 150,000 bonus Altitude Rewards points and travel in style with luxury perks and complimentary insurance covers.
Apply for a new Westpac Altitude Black card by 11 November 2020 and spend $4,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval and you'll receive 150,000 bonus Altitude Rewards points.
Balance transfer rate
for 12 months
Per $ spent
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Westpac Altitude Black|
|Rewards program||Westpac Altitude Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate||6.99% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||20.49% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||45 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Max credit limit||$75,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- 150,000 bonus Altitude Points when you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days
- Complimentary lounge passes
- Complimentary overseas travel and purchase insurances
- Up to 45 days interest-free on purchases, compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days
- Relatively high annual fee of $250
|Rewards program||Westpac Altitude Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1.25|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
How to apply
It takes around 10 minutes to apply for the Westpac Altitude Black via a secure online form. Get a response within 60 seconds of submitting your completed application. To get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the relevant details and documents for the application.
- Income. You must earn at least $75,000 per year.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident currently living in Australia.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. You can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to 3 Australian credit, charge or store cards not issued by Westpac.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, residential address, date of birth, driver's licence number, marital status, number of dependents and contact number.
- Employment details. You'll need to provide details of your current work status, job title, salary and your employer's contact details. You'll also need to include recent payslips or bank statements to verify your income. If you're self-employed, you'll need to provide your accountant's contact details, as well as supporting documentation such as recent tax assessment notices.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, such as government payments and pensions, as well as assets such as savings. You'll also need to provide details of existing debts, loans and credit cards, as well as an estimate of your regular household expenses.
- Balance transfer information. To transfer a balance, you'll need to provide the account numbers of the cards you'd like to transfer, the provider's biller codes and the debt amounts.
- 150,000 bonus Altitude points. If you apply for a Westpac Altitude Black Credit Card by 11 November 2020, are approved, and reach a minimum spend of $4,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval, you will receive 150,000 bonus Altitude Rewards points. To give you an idea of the potential value of these points, you could redeem them for $500 cashback to your account (141,000 points) or $620 worth of WISH eGift cards from Woolworths Group (145,700 points for six $100 cards and one $20 card). If you're dreaming of travel in the future, you also have the option of transferring your points to Asia Miles, Air New Zealand Airpoints, Malaysia Airlines Enrich or Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer.
- Uncapped Westpac Altitude Rewards points. The Westpac Altitude Black earns 6 points per $1 spent (up to $10,000 per month) on flights purchased in Australia directly with Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Emirates and Singapore Airlines, then 1.25 points per $1 spent thereafter. You will also earn 2 points per $1 spent at David Jones, Myer, THE ICONIC, Spotify Premium, Uber, Uber Eats and Airbnb and 1.25 points per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Priority Pass airport lounge access. This card offers complimentary standard Priority Pass membership (valued at US$99) and waives the cost of your first two lounge visits through the program. While this perk is only available to the primary cardholder, guests can accompany you to a lounge for an additional fee of US$32.
- Complimentary travel insurance. The Altitude Black offers complimentary overseas travel insurance when you use the card to pay for at least $500 of your travel costs before the start of your trip. You also need to currently live in Australia, have a return ticket to Australia and be under 80 years of age. Your partner and/or any dependent children travelling with you can also get cover through this policy when they meet the eligibility requirements. In addition to overseas travel insurance, the Westpac Altitude Black offers complimentary interstate flight inconvenience insurance and car rental excess cover for eligible trips in Australia.
- Complimentary insurance for shopping. You can also get access to purchase security insurance, extended warranty cover and price guarantee cover for eligible items you buy with the Westpac Altitude Black.
- Westpac Concierge. The 24/7 Westpac Concierge can help you save time on booking restaurants, planning events and fulfilling other requests you may have. You can make requests over the phone by calling 1300 651 999.
- Mobile technology. You can use your compatible device to make contactless mobile payments at the checkout through Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay. You can also pay with your eligible fitness tracker with Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
- Balance transfer offer. Apply by 05 August 2020 and save on interest costs when paying off existing debt with 6.99% balance transfer offer for up to 12 months with no balance transfer fee. Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The standard annual fee for using this card is $250 p.a. Make sure you weigh this against the value you expect to get from earning rewards and using other perks on the card, such as the airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance.
- Purchase interest rate. The variable interest rate on purchases is 20.49% p.a.
- Interest-free period. You will receive up to 45 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
- Cash advance rate. The variable interest rate on cash advances and cash-equivalent transactions is 21.49% p.a.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit for this card is $15,000.
- Foreign transaction fee. A foreign conversion fee of 3% is charged for any purchases made with an international retailer.