Earn 80,000 bonus Altitude Rewards points when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases.
The Westpac Altitude Black is a credit card packed with rewards, allowing you to earn points on everyday purchases with Westpac Altitude Rewards and 80,000 bonus points when you meet the spend criteria.
This is in addition to a wide range of black card perks including complimentary Priority Pass airport lounge passes, insurance covers, a 24/7 personal concierge and hotel benefits.
|Product Name||Westpac Altitude Black|
|Rewards Program||Westpac Altitude Rewards|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.24% p.a.|
|Offer end date||27 November 2018|
|Annual fee||$250 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 45 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$250 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Receive 80,000 bonus Altitude points when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases with a new Altitude Black credit card within 90 days of card approval.
- There is an interest-free period of only up to 45 days on purchases as compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days interest-free.
- This card charges a relatively high annual fee of $250.
|Rewards Program||Westpac Altitude Rewards|
|Bonus Points||80,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1.25|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of using the Westpac Altitude Black credit card
- 80,000 bonus Altitude points. If you apply for a Westpac Altitude Black Credit Card by 27 November 2018, are approved, and reach a minimum spend of $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval, you will receive 80,000 bonus Altitude Rewards points.
- Westpac Altitude Rewards points. This Mastercard offers Altitude Rewards points per $1 spent overseas and in Australia. You can redeem your points for a range of goods and services including gadgets, accommodation, gift vouchers and flights. Plus, as long as you're a member of the program, you can also transfer your Altitude Points to Virgin Australia’s Velocity, Malaysia Airlines’ Enrich, Air New Zealand’s Airpoints, Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer and Cathay Pacific’s AsiaMiles.
- Two airport lounge passes. You will receive two complimentary lounge passes with Priority Pass per year.
- Complimentary insurance. The Altitude Black comes with a range of complimentary insurances including overseas travel insurance, transit accident insurance, purchase security insurance and extended warranty insurance.
- Westpac Concierge. The Westpac Concierge is available to you 24/7. The concierge can assist you in booking restaurants and fulfilling any requests you may have. You can also access the Black Card Concierge App to help make your life easier.
- Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Membership. With the Altitude Black Card, you will be fast tracked to Preferred Guest Gold Membership status with Starwood Hotels and Resorts. Gold Membership can include better rooms, 4pm late checkout and additional Starpoints reward points when you stay with Starwood.
- Altitude Black Travel Service. This service can help reduce the stress of organising a holiday by helping you plan every step of the journey. Their experts can also help you to redeem your points for travel rewards.
- Altitude Black Personal Shopper. If you don’t have the time to do your own shopping, a personal shopper can assist you with your shopping needs and finding the right gift for someone special. The personal shopper is purely online and can help you spend your points the right way.
Features of the Westpac Altitude Black
- Annual fee. The standard annual fee for using this card is $250.
- Interest rate. The standard interest rate on purchases and cash advances is 20.24% p.a.
- Interest-free period. The Westpac Altitude Black offers up to 45 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the statement due date. This gives you plenty of time to avoid paying interest if you are able to pay off your balance.
- Card security. The Altitude Black is a secure card with an embedded microchip. The credit card also has Cardshield and you can register with Mastercard Secure Code. All of these features help stop fraudulent activity and purchases on your credit card. In addition to this, there is a Fraud Money Back Guarantee where you will be reimbursed for fraudulent transactions.
- Samsung Pay functionality. If you link your card with Samsung Pay, you can use your Samsung device to make contactless mobile payments at the checkout.
How to apply for the Westpac Altitude Black
Applying for a Westpac Altitude Black card is simple and can be done by completing the online application form. Before you begin your application, it’s important that you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents handy:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must earn at least $75,000 annually.
- You must be a permanent Australian resident or Australian citizen.
- You must have a good credit rating.
- Proof of identification such as Australian driver's licence, Medicare card or Australian passport
- Employment details like your employment status and your employer’s name, phone number, and address
- Details about your income and expenditure (which includes details of all existing debts)
The Westpac Altitude Black credit card offers a host of attractive rewards and benefits. However, make sure to compare a range of cards to find the one that’s right for you.
Frequently asked questions
Please see the responses below to some popular questions. If you still have any questions please send us a message via the 'Ask a Question' box at the bottom.