Straightforward travel insurance that provides essential cover.
Cheap Travel Insurance offers a broad range of benefits at an affordable price for those travelling to common destinations in Europe, Asia and the United States. For under $100, you can get peace of mind knowing that you are prepared for any mishaps or unforeseen events you might encounter on your overseas adventure.
Additional protection is offered to Cheap Travel Insurance members through their 24/7 emergency assistance service, which can provide directions to the nearest medical or consular facilities.
Compare travel insurance policies from Cheap Travel Insurance
Find out what Base Plan will cover you for and the amount you stand to receive on claims.
Who is Cheap Travel Insurance underwritten by?
- Medical expenses incurred overseas. Cheap Travel Insurance provides unlimited cover for overseas medical expenses including hospital treatment and accommodation, doctors bills and ambulance transport. Cover is available for up to a year after you suffer an accidental injury or a sudden illness while overseas.
- Medical evacuation. Unlimited cover is provided for the cost of your medical evacuation home to Australia.
- Cancellation costs. If circumstances beyond your control force you to cancel or curtail your trip, such as a relative suffering a serious illness, Cheap Travel Insurance covers the cost of any cancellation fees you must pay or pre-paid deposits that you are unable to recover.
- Flight delays and cancellations. Cheap Travel Insurance offers financial protection if your flight is cancelled or delayed due to bad weather, natural disaster, riot, hijacking, strike or civil commotion.
- Additional expenses. This benefit covers the additional expenses you incur when you are unable to continue your journey due to the illness or injury of you or another member of your travelling party.
- Luggage and personal effects. If your baggage or personal belongings are lost, stolen or damaged during your journey, Cheap Travel Insurance covers the cost of repair or replacement.
- Luggage delay. If an airline or other carrier accidentally delays your luggage, you will receive up to $500 of cover to help you purchase emergency items to tide you over until your bags arrive.
- Passports and travel documents. If your passport or travel documents are lost or stolen during your journey, this benefit covers the cost of their replacement.
- Credit cards. Cheap Travel Insurance also offers $2,000 cover for financial losses if your credit cards are lost, stolen or used fraudulently.
- Personal liability. $1 million personal liability cover is included if you become legally liable when your negligence causes injury or loss/damage to someone else. This includes cover for your legal costs and any compensation you may be required to pay.
If you need emergency assistance during your journey, Cheap Travel Insurance’s emergency assistance service can be contacted 24 hours a day, seven days a week from anywhere in the world. You can use this service to:
- Get assistance in locating the nearest medical facility.
- Arrange your medical repatriation home.
- Guide you to your nearest consulate or embassy.
If you are admitted to hospital or you expect to incur medical costs you need to:
- Contact the insurer’s emergency assistance service as soon as possible.
- In order to lodge a claim you will need to get a copy of a claim form either online from the Cheap Travel Insurance website or by phoning the insurer.
- You must complete and sign the claim form and send it to Cheap Travel Insurance within 30 days of your return to Australia.
- The claim form will need to be accompanied by any relevant supporting documents in English, which will vary depending on the type of claim your lodging. Claims can be submitted by email or post.
|Claim type||Documents that may need to accompany your claim|
Cheap Travel Insurance is available to travellers up to 65 years of age who are:
- Australian citizens or residents.
- New Zealand citizens with a permanent Australian residential address and who can also access long-term medical care in Australia.