The Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Credit Card earns 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 on eligible spending up to $8,000 per statement period. Right now, it also offers 40,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 29 February 2024 and spend $4,500 on eligible purchases in the first 90 days from approval. While there is a $49 yearly fee for opting to earn Qantas Points – as well as a $129 annual fee for the card – the earn rate is competitive with other cards that have similar annual fees.
Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Credit Card with Qantas Points
- Balance transfer rate for 12 months with no balance transfer fee
- 0% p.a.
- Bonus points
- Purchase rate
- 20.74% p.a.
- Reward points per $ spent
This card also offers complimentary insurance covers – including comprehensive international travel insurance – and a personal concierge service that can save you time on bookings, personal shopping and more. Unlike some frequent flyer cards, it doesn’t offer airport lounge passes or additional points for Qantas spending. So, if travel is one of your goals, make sure you factor that in when you're weighing up the annual fee and comparing other cards.
40,000 bonus Qantas Points offer
0.5 Qantas Points per $1 on eligible spending
Complimentary international travel insurance
$49 yearly fee for choosing to earn Qantas Points
Points per $1 are capped at $8,000 per statement period
3.4% foreign transaction fee
|Product Name||Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Credit Card with Qantas Points|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||0% for 12 months, then 21.99%|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||20.74%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.99%|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$100,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.5|
|Rewards points cap||8,000|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Cash advance fee||3.5% or $3.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||1.5% of the transaction amount (after conversion to Australian dollars)|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
How to apply
You can apply for the Suncorp Bank Clear Options Platinum Credit Card with Qantas Points online in around 10-15 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant documents and details on hand.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $35,000 per year to apply for this card.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and include your membership details on the application to earn Qantas Points and be eligible for the bonus points offer.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Credit rating. You need to have a good credit rating to apply for this card. You can check your comprehensive credit report and score for free through Finder.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, nationality, marital status, residential address, email address and contact number. You also need a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number.
- Employment details. You need to provide details of your employment status, salary and your employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you need to provide your accountant's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips to verify these details.
- Financial details. This includes any other income you receive, such as government payments or pension payments. You also need to share details of any assets (such as savings or shares), debts and loans, as well as estimates of your ongoing expenses.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to transfer a balance from another financial institution, you need to provide details of the debt, including the amount you want to transfer, the account name and number, and the financial institution's BSB.
- 40,000 bonus Qantas Points. This card offers 40,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 29 February 2024, provide your frequent flyer membership details and spend $4,500 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days from approval. Eligible purchases cover most everyday spending, with exclusions including cash advances, BPAY payments and government-related charges. There is a $49 yearly fee for opting to earn Qantas Points with this card. The bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 8 weeks of meeting the spend criteria.
- Qantas Points per $1. You'll earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 on eligible spending up to $8,000 per statement period. This means you can earn up to 4,000 Qantas Points in a statement period, or around 48,000 points per year, depending on your eligible spending.
- Balance transfer offer. Apply by 29 February 2024 to take advantage of 0% p.a. interest for the first 12 months on balance transfers (with no balance transfer fee). At the end of the introductory period, any unpaid balance will be charged at the variable cash advance rate, currently 21.99% p.a.
- Complimentary insurance. The Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Credit Card gives you access to complimentary international travel insurance for you and your eligible spouse or dependents travelling with you. It also offers complimentary domestic travel insurance, purchase protection insurance and extended warranty cover.
- Concierge service. This card offers a complimentary, 24/7 concierge service that can help you with travel itineraries, personal shopping, events, hotel reservations, restaurant bookings and more
- Mobile wallets. You can link your account to Apple Pay and Samsung Pay and use your eligible device to make contactless payments.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Suncorp Clear Options Platinum has a $129 annual fee. There is also a $49 yearly fee when you choose the Qantas Points option.
- Purchase rate. This card has a variable interest rate of 20.74% p.a. for purchases, which is at the higher end of the scale.
- Interest-free days on purchases. You can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement. Interest-free days do not apply when you carry a balance transfer debt.
- International transaction fee. This card charges a 3.4% fee of each transaction made overseas or online with a retailer that's based overseas.
- Cash advance rate. Cash advances, such as ATM withdrawals, attract a 21.99% p.a. interest rate.
- Cash advance fee. Cash advances in Australia attract a fee worth 3.5% of the transaction amount, with a minimum cost of $3.50. Overseas, a fee worth 1.5% of the transaction amount (after conversion to Australian dollars) will apply.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
October 08, 2023
Hey, we applied for this credit card some weeks ago considering it was offering 70,000 miles as entry bonus, would you be able to confirm when they changed the bonus offer to 40,000? Also, could you confirm that the previous bonus offer only required the user to spend $3,000 Aud in the first three months?
Show more Show less
Amy Bradney-George Finder
October 20, 2023
Please be aware that Finder is an independent review site and not directly affiliated with Suncorp Bank. But our credit card database shows that this offer changed on 4 October and the previous spend requirement was $3,000. If you want to check whether you qualified or have other questions, you can contact Suncorp directly. I hope this helps.
Show more Show less