St.George Amplify Platinum – Qantas
This platinum rewards card offers 60,000 bonus Qantas Points and complimentary travel insurance, with a $99 annual fee.
The St.George Amplify Platinum gives you a way to earn 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases and offers complimentary travel and purchase insurance options. While the earn rate isn't as high as some other Qantas Frequent Flyer credit cards, it is competitive with cards that have similar annual fees.
Balance transfer rate
for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee
Per $ spent
|Product Name||St.George Amplify Platinum - Qantas|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.49% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- 60,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases for the first 90 days from card approval
- 0% p.a. for 24 months on balance transfers
- Earn 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 spent
- Complimentary travel and purchase insurances
- Charges a 1% balance transfer fee
- Balances remaining at the end of the balance transfer period are subject to the high 21.49% p.a. cash advance rate
- Earn rate of 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent is lower than some other platinum cards
- Does not offer airport lounge passes
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.5|
|Rewards points cap||100,000|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
This introductory offer also includes a 0% balance transfer if you're paying off existing debt. Unlike many other providers, St.George offers interest-free days on new purchases when you carry a balance transfer debt. This means that if you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date each month as well as the full balance transfer amount before the 24 months is over, you will not pay any interest on your credit card. But spending money when you’re paying off a balance transfer can make it harder to pay off before the 0% interest period ends – so think about prioritising any repayments over the temptation to spend and earn points.
How to applyYou can apply for the St.George Amplify Platinum - Qantas card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and organise the necessary information to complete the application.
- New customer. To be eligible for the promotion, you must apply for a new card and cannot hold or have held an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA in the previous 12 months.
- Residency. To apply, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you elect to transfer a balance, you can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to three Australian credit, store or charge card accounts not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, marital status and number of financial dependents.
- Proof of identification. You'll need to provide copies of ID including your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card, Passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Finances. You can confirm your income with recent payslips or bank statements. You'll also need to list your assets, liabilities and expenses.
- Employment. List your current place of employment and provide your employer's contact information.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer number. To ensure your Qantas Points are credited to your account, you need to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number.
- Balance transfer information. If you're transferring a balance(s), you'll need to provide the amount, account number and biller's code of the card(s) you're transferring from.
- Bonus points. New customers will receive 60,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply and get approved by 24 February 2022 and spend $3,000 within the first 90 days of card approval. The bonus points will be added to your balance within 12 weeks after the spend criteria is met.
- Balance transfer offer. New customers who apply by 24 February 2022 can pay down existing debt and save with a 0% p.a. interest rate for the first 24 months on balance transfers with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. After the promotional period, any balance remaining will be charged at the variable cash advance rate, currently 21.49% p.a.
- The Amplify Qantas Rewards Program. You'll earn 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases per year (bonus Qantas Points not included in the cap).
- Travel insurance covers. You can travel with peace of mind and save thanks to complimentary travel insurance covers when you use this card to pay for travel. The cover is valid for you, your spouse and any dependent children travelling with you for up to three months. These covers include transit accident insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, overseas travel insurance, and rental vehicle excess insurance in Australia.
- Purchase covers. When you use this card to make purchases, you'll receive complimentary purchase security insurance, price guarantee cover and extended warranty insurance.
- Mobile payment technology. Enjoy making contactless payments straight from your compatible phone or device by adding this card to your Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay wallet.
- Fraud protection. Your account is protected by round-the-clock monitoring, so you'll be alerted immediately if the system detects any suspicious activity.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $99.
- Interest rate on purchases. Purchases on your platinum card will be charged at the variable interest rate of 19.49% p.a.
- Interest-free period. You will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
- Cash advances. If you use your card to make a cash advance (such as an ATM withdrawal), the transaction will immediately attract the 21.49% p.a. interest rate. A fee of 3% of each cash advance amount will apply.
- Credit limits. While there is no guarantee you will be granted your requested amount, you can request a credit limit between $6,000 and $80,000.
- Overseas spending. If you use your card to make a foreign transaction overseas or online with an international merchant, you’ll be charged a fee of 3% of the Australian dollar value.
- Additional cards. You can add a family member to your account, with their own credit card to use and the ability to earn points for no additional cost.