Skye Mastercard – Exclusive Offer
Get 0% interest on balance transfers for 25 months, along with up to 110 days interest-free on new purchases.
When you apply for the Skye Mastercard through Finder by 19 October 2020, you can pay off your existing card debts with a 0% introductory interest rate on balance transfers for the first 25 months with no balance transfer fee. At the end of the introductory period, an interest rate of 25.99% p.a. will apply to any unpaid amount.
Suited to those looking to buy now and pay later, this card also offers up to 110 days interest-free on everyday purchases and 0% p.a. instalment plans for up to 15 months when you make purchases of at least $250 or with selected retailers.
Balance transfer rate
for 25 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||Skye Mastercard - Exclusive Offer|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 25 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (25.99%)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||23.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||110 days|
|Cash advance rate||25.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$50,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Joint application||Yes - Conditions apply|
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 25 months, with no BT fee
- Up to 110 days days interest-free period on everyday purchases
- Ability to convert large purchases into 9-, 12- or 15-month 0% p.a. instalment plans
- 0% foreign transaction fees on online and overseas purchases
- Very high interest rates on purchases and cash advances when promotional rates expire
- Balance transfer reverts to 25.99%
- Does not offer a rewards program or any complimentary insurance covers
|Late payment fee||$35|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$0|
|Additional cardholder fee||$10|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for Finder X and a senior writer for credit cards and Finder Green. She has more than 13 years' experience as a journalist and writer, with bylines in publications including The Equity Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and produce industry website FreshPlaza. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not putting (virtual) pen to paper, she spends her time as an actress.
For everyday purchases, you can get up to 110 days interest-free during each statement period. This is double the 55 days offered by many other cards but its 23.99% p.a. purchase rate is also much higher than most cards on the market. If you know you’ll pay the balance before the due date this could be a great option. However, if you think you might carry a balance from month to month, you may want to consider a lower rate credit card.
How to apply
You can apply for this exclusive offer through Finder in a few minutes by clicking the "Go to site" button and filling in the secure application form on the Skye website. To get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the essential documents and details on hand.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $25,000 to apply for this card.
- Credit history. You should only apply for this card if you have a clean credit file without any black marks (such as defaults or previous bankruptcy listings). You can check your credit score for free through Finder.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and phone number.
- Identification. You'll need to provide details of your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card or Australian passport to help verify your identity.
- Employment details. This includes your current position at work, your salary and your employer's contact details. To help verify your income details, you'll also be asked to provide a recent bank statement. You can do this by emailing Skye after submitting the application or by securely signing into your bank account during the application.
- Financial details. As well as your salary, you'll need to share details of any other forms of income and assets such as savings. You'll also need to include details of any existing debts, such as loans or credit cards as well as estimates of everyday expenses such as rent and bills.
- Balance transfer information. If you want to take advantage of the 0% p.a. balance transfer offer, you need to include details of your balance transfer request on the application. This includes the amount of debt you want to move to the Skye Mastercard, as well as the account name, number and BSB.
- Exclusive long-term balance transfer offer. Save on interest charges with 0% p.a. on balance transfers for up to 25 months when you apply through Finder by 19 October 2020. With this offer, you can transfer up to 80% of your available credit limit from credit and store card accounts not issued by Skye. Any unpaid balance at the end of the introductory period will revert to an interest rate of 25.99% p.a.
- 110 days interest-free on purchases. This card offers an interest-free period of up to 110 days on every purchase you make (excludes cash advances). At the end of the 110-day period, the standard purchase rate will apply to the balance. Note that you will still need to make minimum payments on your account by the due date listed on each statement.
- 0% foreign transaction fees. The Skye Mastercard charges a 0% foreign transaction fee when you're travelling overseas or shopping online with an international retailer.
- Interest-free instalment plan options. The Skye Mastercard offers interest-free instalment plans of 9-, 12- and 15-months for purchases of $250 or more. It also offers interest-free instalment plans at partner retailers. SkyePlan instalment plans attract an establishment fee as a percentage of the purchase amount (3% for a 9-month plan, 4% for a 12-month plan and 5% for a 15-month plan).
- Mobile payment technology. You can easily make payments upon check out using an eligible device if you register this card to your Apple Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $99.
- Purchase rate. The standard purchase rate is 23.99% p.a. This means interest charges will quickly add up if you don't pay off purchases within the 110 interest-free days.
- Cash advance rate. The Skye Mastercard charges a cash advance interest rate of 25.99% p.a. This rate applies to both cash advance transactions and cash withdrawals from the date they are made.
- Cash advance fee. If you use this credit card for a cash advance transaction, you'll be charged a cash advance fee of $3 or 3% (whichever is greater).
- Promotional rates. Occasionally, Skye may offer you a promotional interest rate for certain transactions or for a specific period of time. When that's the case, the promotional rate will apply for spending that meets the terms and conditions of the offer.
- Payment handling fee. A fee of $0.95 applies each time you make a payment to the account via BPAY.
- Additional cardholder fee. Request up to 4 additional cardholders added to your Skye Mastercard account for $10 per card.
- Instalment payment plan fee. If you request a SkyePlan instalment payment plan, you'll be charged a fee that's calculated as a percentage of the total amount payable on the card purchase selected (3% for a 9-month plan, 4% for a 12-month plan and 5% for a 15-month plan).