You have five options with Qantas Extras
Qantas offers policies to suit all types, whether you're someone who's active, someone who's looking to make lifestyle changes or someone who needs a policy for the whole family.
Top 3 features
Promotions currently on offer from Qantas Health Insurance
What Qantas Extras Only policies are available?
Qantas offers five Extras Only cover options.
- Basic Extras. This is an entry-level policy designed to offer full dental cover minus orthodontics. There's also some cover for physio and pharmaceutical prescriptions thrown in for good measure. You'll get 60% off most covered services up to your benefit limit.
- Family Extras. This offers everything Basic Extras offers plus a range of other treatments important to families like orthodontics, preventative treatments and antenatal/postnatal services. You'll get 60% off most covered services up to your benefit limit.
- Lifestyle Extras. This offers everything the Basic Extras policy offers plus a range of other services important to people making lifestyle adjustments, like psychology sessions, health lifestyle programs and dietary advice. You'll get 60% off most covered services up to your benefit limit.
- Active Extras. This policy offers everything the Lifestyle Extras policy offers plus occupational therapy and exercise physiology. You'll get 65% off most covered services up to your benefit limit.
- Top Extras. This offers the full range of cover, and adds cover for hearing aids, eye therapy, speech pathology and home nursing. You'll get 75% off most covered services up to your benefit limit.
|Basic Extras||Family Extras||Lifestyle Extras||Active Extras||Top Extras|
|Ambulance (Unlimited Emergency)|
|Chiro & Osteo|
|Podiatry & Orthotics|
|Antenatal & Postnatal Services|
|Eye Therapy (Orthopics)|
|Hearing Aids & Speech Processors|
Other benefits of Qantas Extras Cover
Qantas members receive a few extra benefits including:
- Qantas points. You get points for signing up, paying your premiums, and tracking your activities using the Qantas Wellbeing app.
- Qantas Wellbeing App. This app helps you maintain a healthy lifestyle by letting you track your fitness activities, set challenges and invite friends. You can also take health assessments to better understand your health.
How do the costs work?
Each policy has a seperate annual limit on each covered treatment. You'll get a rebate of between 60-75% of your cost of treatment as long as you haven't reached this limit and as long as you visit a recognised provider.
Waiting periods and limitations
Your waiting period for each treatment is as follows:
- 1 day. Emergency ambulance
- 2 months. Preventative dental, general dental, physiotherapy, exercise physiology, chiropractic, osteopathy, natural therapies, speech pathology, podiatry, eye therapy, dietary advice, home nursing services, occupational therapy, antenatal/postnatal services, pharmaceutical prescriptions, psychology.
- 6 months. Preventative tests, healthier lifestyle benefit.
- 12 months. Major dental, orthodontics, health aids.
- 36 months. Hearing aids and speech processors.
Your extras policy won't cover you for the following
- Non-emergency ambulance
- Ambulance rides for those in states that provide state-based ambulance cover (Queensland and Tasmania)
- Ambulance rides for pensioners and cardholders with access to ambulance schemes
How to make a claim
You can make an extras claim with Qantas in one of two ways:
- On the spot by swiping your Qantas membership card
- Online using the Qantas member's portal
You'll need to provide:
- The service provider's name, contact details and provider number
- Details of the service you received including the item number
- The date you received the service