No longer available for new applications.
The Latitude Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. We have kept the information on this page for the benefit of existing customers. You can compare the current range of Latitude credit cards here.
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Latitude Mastercard - DISCONTINUED|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (24.5% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate||24.5% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||24.5% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- No monthly account keeping fees
- Compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay
- Interest rates on purchases and cash advances are relatively high
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||2.4% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $1.95, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$4|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||9|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The Latitude Mastercard comes with worldwide acceptance and contactless mobile payments through Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay. While it offers the same interest rate on purchases and cash advances, 24.5% is at the high end of the scale for credit cards in Australia. The $69 annual fee is more competitive, but it’s still worth looking at a few options so you can find a card that works for you.
How to apply
You can apply for the Latitude Mastercard by visiting your closest Latitude Financial Services branch. To apply for this credit card you have to meet certain eligibility criteria, which include the following:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history.
- Personal details. Proof of identification such as your passport, driver's licence or medicare card.
- Financial details. Details of your income, including any assets or government payments.
- Employment details. You'll need to provide your employer's contact information. If you're self-employed, include your accountant's details.
- Multiple repayment options. You get various options when it comes to making repayments, which include mailing cheques, making payments at Australia Post outlets, setting up payments via BPAY, and setting up direct debits using just about any Australian bank account.
- Online account management. You can access account-related information at any time of the day or night using the Latitude Mastercard Online Service Centre. Through this service you can maintain your account profile, go through your transaction history, and even apply for an increase in your card's limit. You can grant access to the Online Service Centre to additional cardholders, as well.
- Easy access to funds. Mastercard finds acceptance at over 28 million locations the world over, so you can use this card almost anywhere your travels take you. You can use it at EFTPOS terminals and ATMs that display the Mastercard logo, and you can also use it to make online and over-the-phone transactions.
- Easy to track. The Latitude Mastercard Online Service Centre gives you easy access to all account-related information. Through this service you can receive your statements online, you can view and print current and past statements and you keep track of bills you pay via BPAY.
- Additional cardholders. You can get up to 9 additional cards linked to your primary card at no extra cost. Details of transactions made using all cards appear on a single consolidated statement.
- Mobile payment compatibility. Enjoy the convenience of making contactless payments when you shop just by tapping your qualifying Apple, Android, Samsung, Fitbit or Garmin device on a contactless terminal.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Latitude Mastercard requires that you pay a $69 fee each year you hold the card.
- Interest rates. This card charges 24.5% interest rate on purchases and cash advances.
- Foreign transaction fee. When you make a purchase overseas or shop with an international merchant, you will be charged a foreign transaction fee of 3%.