Compare Fast Cover discount codes, coupons and other savings tips
It’s important to have travel insurance to protect our health and our belongings when travelling in Australia and beyond. But finding the right policy and applying for and buying it can be quite a headache with some insurance providers. Not so with Fast Cover Travel Insurance. As the name implies, Fast Cover offer fast, affordable and easy to understand travel insurance for singles, couples and families. This guide looks at Fast Cover coupons, deals, discount codes, levels of cover, along with some of the benefits and drawbacks of insuring your trip with Fast Cover Travel Insurance.
Current Travel Insurance Deals Available on finder.com.au
Show code & visit siteFI****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteYO****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
What policies are available from Fast Cover?
Fast Cover Travel Insurance offers fast cover for every type of traveller. Cover types include:
- Single – covers you and any dependants travelling with you
- Duo – covers you and your travelling companion
- Family – covers you and the family members travelling with you
Further to this, Fast Cover offers 7 different plans:
- Plan A – comprehensive cover
- Plan B – domestic cover
- Plan C – cover for cancellation and luggage
- Plan D – comprehensive cover with additional snow cover
- Plan E – standard cover
- Plan F – multi trip cover in the Asia Pacific region
- Plan G – multi trip cover worldwide
- Specified Luggage & Personal Effects Cover – the option to take out additional cover for specified items up to a maximum of $5,000 (not available under Plan C or E)
- Removal of Standard Excess – the option to remove or reduce the standard $200 excess (not available under Plan B).
Who is Fast Cover underwritten by?
Fast Cover Pty Ltd is an authorised representative of AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd, trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Travel Insurance is issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance as agent of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.
Pros and cons of Fast Cover
Fast Cover is not just fast. It also comes with a range of great benefits including:
- Dedicated global customer service and 24/7 emergency support through Allianz Global Assistance
- Flexible policies that allow you to add on a cruise or a ski option, adjust your excess levels or increase the cover on specified items
- An online and phone quote and sign-up process that’s one of the simplest and fastest you'll find
- A $2,000 excess applies to injury or illness-related claims for travellers aged 80 and over and a $5,000 excess applies to injury or illness-related claims for travellers aged 90 and over
How do I apply for Fast Cover Travel Insurance?
As we said earlier, applying for Fast Cover Travel Insurance is a simple and speedy process. Once you’ve compared the levels of cover and decided on the best policy for your needs, you can either call to speak to a Fast Cover travel consultant on 1300 409 322 or get a fast online quote by entering your details in the box provided. Steps include:
- Select Single or Multi Trip cover
- Choose the region you will be travelling to
- Select your departure and return dates
- Choose a policy type (Single, Duo or Family)
- Indicate whether you intend to go on a cruise during your trip
How do I make a claim with Fast Cover?
In the event of a claim, the following steps should be followed:
- Notify Fast Cover as soon as possible of your intention to claim or if overseas in an emergency, notify Allianz Global Assistance
- Download and complete a claim form
- Submit the claim form to Fast Cover, along with any necessary supporting documentation, within 30 days of your return to Australia
- Wait for your claim to be processed (normally within 10 business days of receiving your claim form).
Fast Cover F.A.Qs
Q: I can get free travel cover on my credit card. Why should I pay for travel insurance?
- A: To qualify for such insurance, you normally need to purchase the return airfare on your credit card or spend a certain dollar amount on it while overseas. And don’t assume that the cover being offered is comprehensive, because it usually isn’t. Read the fine print.
Q: What are the conditions for purchasing Fast Cover travel insurance?
- A: You must be an Australian resident, your journey must start and end in Australia and you must purchase your cover in Australia before you commence your journey.
Q: Can my cover be extended?
- A: You can extend your cover free of charge if your return to Australia is delayed due to your carrier being delayed or to any reason for which you can claim under your policy.
Q: Can dependants be covered under a Single policy?
- A: Yes, up to 10 dependants can be included and covered for free
Q: Does my policy cover me for underwater diving?
- A: Yes, as long as you hold an Australian open water diving licence or you are diving with a licensed instructor.
Q: Does my policy cover me for Swine Flu and Bird Flu?
- A: No, there is no cover if your claim is related to an actual or likely epidemic or pandemic.
Q: How are claims paid?
- A: Claims are paid in Australian dollars and the exchange rate that will apply is the rate at the time that you incurred the expense
Q: What is the Duty of Disclosure?
- A: You have a duty to give us honest and complete answers to our questions when applying for your insurance. You must tell us everything you know and that a reasonable person could be expected to tell us about your situation, so that we can accurately calculate your premium. If you breach the duty, we have the right under law to cancel the policy or reduce the amount we pay if you make a claim.
Can I cancel my Fast Cover policy if I’m not happy with it?
You can cancel your policy within the cooling off period, which is 14 days after you are issued with your Certificate of Insurance and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and you will be given a full refund of the premium you have paid. However, this is only if you have not started your journey and you do not wish to make a claim or exercise any other right under your policy. No refund will be paid after the 14 day cooling off period has expired.
Compare cover online now
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or select your destination