The Citi Rewards Card is suited to people who want plenty of ways to redeem their points –with options including gift cards, cash back, travel, charity donations and transfers to Velocity Frequent Flyer, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Emirates Skywards or Flybuys. Right now, it offers 100,000 bonus Citi reward Points when you apply by 30 April 2024 and spend $5,000 in the first 90 days from card approval. That’s enough points to get $400 value when redeemed via the Pay with Points option. It also offers a reduced annual fee $99 in the first year (then $199 after that).
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
- Bonus points
- Purchase rate
- 21.49% p.a.
- Reward point per $ spent
- Annual fee for the first year ($199 p.a. thereafter)
- $99 p.a.
With 100,000 bonus points, you could get $400 back on your account (via Pay with Points) or 40,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer points, which is enough for a return economy flight between Sydney and Fiji (35,600 Velocity Points plus fees and taxes).
100,000 bonus points
Discounted $99 first-year annual fee
1 point per $1 on eligible spending
Complimentary international travel insurance
Complimentary mobile phone insurance
The standard 21.49% p.a. interest rate for purchases is relatively high compared to other credit cards
Has a points cap of 10,000 per statement period for spending in Australia
|Product Name||Citi Rewards Card - Bonus Points Offer|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||22.24%|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||21.49%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||22.24%|
|Min credit limit||$2,000|
|Max credit limit||$100,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Citi Rewards Program|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Rewards points cap||10,000|
|Annual fee||$99 first year ($199 after)|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Cash advance fee||3.5% or $3.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$90|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
How to apply
You can apply for this Citi Rewards Card offer online in around 10 minutes and should get a response within 60 seconds of submitting the form. Before you start the application, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the key details on hand.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. This card is only available to people with a good credit score and a history free of defaults and bankruptcy. You can get a free copy of your credit report and score through Finder.
- Minimum age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- Balance transfer debt. Balances can be transferred up to 80% of your credit limit from Australian store cards, personal loans and credit cards not issued under the Citi brand.
- Personal information. Personal details such as your full name and contact details including your email address, home address and phone number.
- Employment. Information about your job including your role and employer's contact details. You may also need to submit a letter from your employer declaring your income.
- Financial details. You'll be asked to provide information about your income, liabilities and expenses.
- Balance transfer information. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer, you'll be asked to include details of the account balances you want to transfer over to this card.
- Up to 100,000 bonus points. This card offers 100,000 bonus points when you apply by 30 April 2024 and spend $5,000 on eligible purchases in the first 90 days from approval. Eligible purchases cover most everyday spending but exclude transactions including cash advances, balance transfers, and refunds. Note that it may take up to 8 weeks from meeting the spend requirement before you get the bonus points.
- Reduced first year annual fee. Save on the annual fee in the first year with a reduced cost of $99. After the first year, this card's annual fee is $199.
- Citi Rewards. With this card, you'll earn 1 Citi reward Point per $1 on eligible spending in Australia and overseas. Points are capped at $10,000 spending per statement period for domestic transactions, but uncapped for international spend. You can redeem these points for rewards including gift cards, statement credits, charity donations, travel, frequent flyer point transfers and more through the Citi Rewards program.
- Complimentary mobile phone insurance. Use the Citi Rewards Card to pay your monthly mobile plan and you'll get cover for accidental damage that affects the way your smartphone is supposed to work. You also get cover for theft when it's unavoidable. This complimentary insurance is underwritten by AIG Insurance and, as with any policy, it's a good idea to check the policy document for full details of what's covered and how to make a claim.
- Luxury Escapes discount. Until 1 March 2024, you can get 10% off (up to $250) on Limited Time LUX Exclusive hotel offers when you pay with your Citi card through the Luxury Escapes website or app and use the promo code CITI10.
- 24/7 personal concierge service. Whether you need help booking your family holiday, making a last minute restaurant reservation or organising a gift for a loved one, you can contact your personal concierge service for assistance 24/7 and from anywhere around the world.
- Complimentary international travel insurance. You can travel with peace of mind and save on necessary costs with complimentary international travel insurance. If you use your card to purchase your overseas travel ticket, you'll be covered for up to 6 months for medical, unexpected expenses, trip cancellation, and personal loss/liability. This insurance also covers your spouse or any dependent children travelling with you. See the terms and conditions for more details regarding the eligibility requirements, exclusions and claims process.
- Mobile payments. You can add your Citi card to Apple Pay, Goolge Pay and Samsung Pay to make payments straight from your mobile devices.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a $199 annual fee.
- Purchase interest. This card has a 21.49% p.a. interest rate for purchases, which is charged if you do not pay your balance in full each statement period. If you do pay your balance in full, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. Interest-free days don't apply if you're paying off a debt from a balance transfer.
- Cash advance interest rate. If you use your card to make a cash advance (such as an ATM withdrawal), you'll immediately attract the 22.24% p.a. interest rate.
- Cash advance fee. A fee worth 3.5% of the transaction amount or $3.50 (whichever is higher) is charged for cash advance transactions in Australia. A $5 fee applies to overseas cash advances.
- Foreign transaction fee. When you make a purchase overseas or online with an international retailer, you will be charged a fee of 3.4% of the transaction amount.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
October 05, 2023
I am holding Australian partner visa 309 , can i apply for this card?
Amy Bradney-George Finder
October 09, 2023
You need to be a permanent Australian resident to apply for a Citi credit card. You can compare credit cards available to temporary residents on Finder. I hope this helps.