St.George No Annual Fee
Save on your credit card costs with no annual fee for life and a 0% balance transfer offer.
The St.George No Annual Fee credit card is a simple Visa account that currently offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months, with a 1% balance transfer fee.
Balance transfer rate
for 12 months with 1% balance transfer fee
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||St.George No Annual Fee|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 12 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||20.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$40,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- $0 annual fee
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months
- Up to 3 additional cardholders at $0
- No rewards program
- High interest rates of 20.74% p.a. on purchases and 21.49% p.a. on cash advances
- A one-time 1% balance transfer fee applies
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
How to applyYou can apply for the St.George No Annual Fee credit card online in around 10 minutes. Before you apply, check that you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details you'll need to fill out the application form.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- New cardholder. The balance transfer offer is only available when you apply for the St.George No Annual Fee credit card as a new cardholder before 09 February 2021.
- Personal details. This covers your full name, email address, residential address date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and contact number. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number.
- Employment details. This includes your salary, current job title, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also be asked for supporting documentation, such as recent payslips, bank statements or tax assessment notices.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer on this card, you need to provide details about the amount of debt you want to transfer and the account or accounts you want to transfer debt from. Note that you can only balance transfer debts from up to 3 non-St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA credit cards, store cards or charge cards. A minimum balance transfer amount of $200 also applies.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, such as pensions or government payments, as well as savings and any other assets. You also need to share details of your existing debts, loans and credit card accounts, and will be asked to estimate your share of regular household expenses.
- $0 annual fee for life. Not paying a yearly fee could help you save on the yearly account costs many other credit cards charge.
- Balance transfer offer. If you apply for this card by 09 February 2021 and request a balance transfer at the time of your application, you can get an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 12 months, with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. This will revert to the variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a. at the end of the promotional period.
- Interest-free days. You will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
- Security features. Get peace of mind with 24/7 fraud monitoring and zero liability for unauthorised transactions. You can also add a layer of security to online purchases through the Verified by Visa program.
- Visa benefits. Get access to entertainment and ticketing offers through Visa Entertainment and enjoy exclusive travel, shopping and lifestyle promotions through the Visa Offers webpage.
- Mobile payment technology. Make contactless payments with your eligible Apple, Android or Samsung device by adding this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet .
Rates & fees
- Additional cardholders. You can add up to 3 additional cardholders to the account with no additional cardholder fees.
- Purchase rate. This card charges a variable purchase rate of 20.74% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. This card has a variable interest rate of 21.49% p.a. for cash advance transactions, such as ATM withdrawals. This rate applies from the date you make the transaction and won't be eligible for interest-free days. You'll also pay a cash advance fee worth 2% of each cash advance amount (minimum of $2.50 capped at $150 per transaction).
- International transaction fee. A fee of 3% applies if you use this card overseas or online in a foreign currency.