Save on credit card costs with no annual fee and low offer on balance transfers with the St.George No Annual Fee Card.
If you’re after a no-frills credit card, the St.George No Annual Fee Credit Card could be for you. Cardholders can also make significant savings by taking advantage of a no annual fee plus 0% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers. With a low credit limit of $500 and no extravagant features on offer, this no annual fee card could be an option for both first-time cardholders who are testing the waters or experienced cardholders who want to consolidate their debts while keeping costs to an absolute minimum.
|Product Name||St.George No Annual Fee|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 12 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (20.49% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.49% p.a.|
|Offer end date||26 September 2018|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- The annual fee for this card is $0.
- Consolidate your balances at a rate of 0% p.a. for 12 months.
- You can also get up to 3 additional cardholders at $0.
- This card does not have any rewards program.
- There is a high interest rate of 20.49% p.a. on purchases and cash advances.
- A one-time 1% balance transfer fee applies.
- If you factor in the lack of an annual fee, however, this card balances out to be rather average in terms of rates and fees.
St.George No Annual Fee Credit Card review
The St.George No Annual Fee Credit Card is a low annual fee account with a low minimum credit card limit to match. Cardholders can also keep costs to a minimum with a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer for 12 months. At the end of the promotional period, any unpaid balances will revert to the standard variable rate on cash advances, currently at 20.49% p.a. This rate is higher than most low rate cards, so cardholders will need to confirm it is manageable once the introductory period ends. If you’re after no annual fee card that can help you save on costs and consolidate debts, this could be an appropriate option for you.
Benefits of using a St.George No Annual Fee Credit Card
Some of the advantages you can expect from using this card include:
- $0 annual fee. The annual fee of $0 for the life of the card can lead to savings in the long term.
- Balance transfer offer. Enjoy an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 12 months, with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. This will revert to the standard cash advance rate of 20.49% p.a. at the end of the promotional period. Applications for the balance transfer offer are accepted until 26 September 2018.
- Additional cardholders. You can even add up to 3 additional cardholders to the account for no additional fee.
Features of the St.George No Annual Fee Credit Card
- Annual fee. As mentioned, the card has an annual fee of $0 for life.
- Cash advance and purchase rates. The purchase rate and cash advance rate of interest are the same for this account. You’ll pay 20.49% p.a. when you use the card to make a purchase and when you use the card to withdraw cash from an ATM.
- Visa benefits. As a Visa card, cardholders have access to Visa benefits such as peace of mind by the way of the no liability guarantee that protects cardholders against credit card fraud and convenience through contactless payments with PayWave.
- Interest-free days. Aside from the promotional offers, the St.George No Annual Fee Credit Card also comes with up to 55 interest-free days.
How to apply for the St.George No Annual Fee Credit Card
If you would like to apply for the St.George No Annual Fee Credit Card, follow the links on this page. You’ll be directed to a secure St.George application page. You can confirm the terms of the offer on this page. The application should only take ten to fifteen minutes to complete. When you submit the application, you should be notified within minutes of completing the form. St.George will be in contact on the email you provided to confirm the status of our application: approved, conditionally approved or declined.
If you would like to apply for the St.George No Annual Fee Credit Card, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a permanent Australian resident
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have a good credit rating
- Be able to service the minimum credit limit of $500
- Existing credit card details
- Personal details (driver's license)
- Contact details
- Employment details (weekly income after tax)
- Financial details (details of assets, savings or investments)