St.George No Annual Fee
Save on your credit card costs with 0% p.a. on purchases for 12 months and no annual fee for life.
The St.George No Annual Fee credit card is a simple Visa account that currently offers 0% p.a. on purchases for 12 months when you apply by 30 November 2021. It also offers contactless payments and can be added to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
|Product Name||St.George No Annual Fee|
|Purchase rate||0% p.a. for 12 months, reverts to 20.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$40,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- $0 annual fee
- 0% p.a. on purchases for the first 12 months
- Up to 3 additional cardholders at $0
- Reverts to a relatively high 20.74% p.a. purchase interest rate after the introductory period
- No rewards program
- High interest rate of 21.49% p.a. on cash advances
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
How to applyYou can apply for the St.George No Annual Fee credit card online in around 10 minutes. Before you apply, check that you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details you'll need to fill out the application form.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- New cardholder. The purchase rate offer is only available when you apply for the St.George No Annual Fee credit card as a new cardholder before 30 November 2021.
- Personal details. This covers your full name, email address, residential address date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and contact number. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number.
- Employment details. This includes your salary, current job title, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also be asked for supporting documentation, such as recent payslips, bank statements or tax assessment notices.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, such as pensions or government payments, as well as savings and any other assets. You also need to share details of your existing debts, loans and credit card accounts, and will be asked to estimate your share of regular household expenses.
- $0 annual fee for life. Not paying a yearly fee could help you save on the yearly account costs many other credit cards charge.
- 0% purchase offer. If you apply for this card by 30 November 2021, you can get an introductory purchase rate of 0% p.a. for the first 12 months. This will revert to the variable purchase rate of 20.74% p.a. at the end of the promotional period.
- Interest-free days. You will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
- Security features. Get peace of mind with 24/7 fraud monitoring and zero liability for unauthorised transactions. You can also add a layer of security to online purchases through the Visa Secure program.
- Visa benefits. Get access to entertainment, travel, shopping and lifestyle promotions through Visa Offers + Perks.
- Mobile payments. Make contactless payments with your eligible Apple, Android or Samsung device by adding this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet .
Rates & fees
- Additional cardholders. You can add up to 3 additional cardholders to the account with no additional cardholder fees.
- Purchase rate. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a variable purchase rate of 20.74% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. This card has a variable interest rate of 21.49% p.a. for cash advance transactions, such as ATM withdrawals. This rate applies from the date you make the transaction and won't be eligible for interest-free days. You'll also pay a cash advance fee worth 2% of each cash advance amount (minimum of $2.50 capped at $150 per transaction).
- International transaction fee. A fee of 3% applies if you use this card overseas or online in a foreign currency.
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.