St.George Amplify Signature Qantas Card
Offers 90,000 bonus Qantas Points, airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance, with a $279 annual fee.
The St.George Amplify Signature Qantas Card offers a mix of frequent flyer perks and earns 0.75 Qantas Point per $1 on eligible spending. You'll also get a unique “birthday bonus” benefit that gives you another way to boost your points balance each year.
Right now, you can also earn 90,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 24 February 2022 and use your new card to spend $6,000 on eligible purchases in the first 90 days. It also offers 2 Qantas Club Lounge invitations each year and complimentary insurance for eligible travel and purchases – just make sure the points and perks give you enough value to justify its annual fee.
Per $ spent
|Product Name||St.George Amplify Signature - Qantas|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.49% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- 90,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $6,000 within 90 days of card approval
- 0% p.a. for the first 24 months on balance transfers
- Earn 0.75 Qantas Point per $1 spent
- 2 complimentary Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- A relatively high standard annual fee of $279 applies
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
- Charges a one-time 1% balance transfer fee
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.75|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The St.George Amplify Signature Qantas Card has a strong bonus points offer, Qantas Club Lounge invitations and complimentary insurance that makes it suited to frequent travellers. To give you an idea of the potential value of the 90,000 bonus Qantas Points, you could use them for a return business class flight from Melbourne to Cairns (83,000 points), or get $425 worth of Woolworths WISH digital gift cards (88,140 points for 4 gift cards worth $100 and 1 gift card worth $25).
How to apply
You can apply for the St.George Amplify Signature Qantas Card online in 10 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents ready:
- New cardholder. To take advantage of the bonus points offer on this card, you must not currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature credit card from Bank of Melbourne, St.George or BankSA. You also must not have held any of these accounts within the past 12 months.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you are planning to transfer a balance, you can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from Australian store, charge or credit cards not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and phone number. You also need a valid form of identification, such as your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card, passport or birth certificate.
- Employment information. Provide your job title, salary information and employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you may also be asked for your accountant's contact information.
- Other financial details. This includes any other forms of income and assets such as savings or shares. You'll also need to share details of any existing debts and ongoing expenses such as rent, mortgage payments, bills and grocery shopping.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer number. To ensure your Qantas Points are credited to your account, you need to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number.
- Balance transfer information. If you are transferring a balance from another card, you will need to provide the card number, issuer and the amount you want to transfer.
- Bonus points offer. Receive 90,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 24 February 2022 and spend $6,000 on eligible purchases using your new card within the first 90 days from approval. Your points will be credited to your account within 12 weeks of meeting the spend requirement.
- Balance transfer offer. Apply by 24 February 2022, request a balance transfer during the application and take advantage of a 0% interest rate for the first 24 months. A one-time 1% balance transfer fee applies. You can transfer up to 80% of your approved credit limit. After the promotional period, any balances remaining will be charged at the variable cash advance rate.
- Points per $1 spent. With the Amplify Qantas program, you will earn 0.75 Qantas Point for every dollar spent in Australia and eligible overseas merchants. From 1 January 2022, you'll earn 0.75 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to a maximum of $250,000 per year (bonus Qantas Points not included in the cap).
- Airline lounge passes. You can relax before your next flight, enjoy complimentary food and beverages, and high-speed Wi-Fi thanks to 2 complimentary Qantas Club Lounge invitations per year. They're valid for Qantas Club and Qantas operated international business lounges, and you must register for the invitations on the St.George website to access them.
- Overseas travel insurance. The cardholder and their family can access up to 6 months of coverage. You must use your card to cover at least AU$500 of your prepaid travel costs (such as flights or accommodation) to activate the cover.
- Purchase cover insurance. You'll get up to four months of cover against the theft, loss or damage of selected new purchases.
- Transit accident insurance. If you suffer an accidental injury or die when travelling by train, bus, plane or ferry outside Australia, this insurance provides cover.
- Domestic flight inconvenience. This cover ensures you don't suffer a financial loss due to flight delays and cancellations.
- Extended warranty insurance. When you use this card to make a purchase, you'll receive up to 12 additional months on the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty.
- Price guarantee cover. You can claim the difference if you find a product for sale cheaper within 21 days of purchasing.
- Birthday Bonus. This perk celebrates the anniversary of your account opening. Each year you have the card, you can get a 10% points bonus based on the points you have earned in the previous 12 months.
- Concierge service. Save time on tasks like booking a restaurant, organising an event or ordering flowers by submitting a request to the 24/7 concierge service.
- Mobile payments. You can make contactless payments with your eligible Apple, Android or Samsung device by adding this card to your Google Pay, Samsung Pay, or Apple Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $279.
- Interest rates. The variable interest for purchases is 19.49% p.a., while the cash advance rate is 21.49% p.a.
- Interest-free days for purchases. This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay the monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
- Cash advances. If you use your card for cash advances and cash equivalent transactions, you'll be charged 21.49% p.a. interest rate from the day the transaction is made, as well as a one-time fee of 3% of each cash advance amount.
- Foreign transaction fee. Any transactions made overseas or online in a foreign currency are subject to a 3% currency conversion fee.