Enjoy your choice of Amplify or Qantas Rewards and receive a bonus points offer with the St.George Amplify Platinum Card.
The St.George Amplify Platinum Credit Card allows you to receive 60,000 bonus points if you apply and get approved by 18 April 2018 and meet the minimum spend requirements.
To receive even more rewards for your purchases, read our review on the St.George Amplify Signature Credit Card. This card provides up to 0.75 rewards points per dollar spent on Australian merchants.
|Product Name||St.George Amplify Platinum|
|Rewards Program||Amplify Rewards|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.49% p.a.|
|Offer end date||18 April 2018|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Enjoy platinum card benefits with 60,000 bonus Qantas or Amplify points if you apply, get approved by 18 April 2018 and spend $3,000 within 90 days from card approval.
- Earn uncapped rewards points on eligible purchases.
- This card comes with complimentary travel insurances.
- You'll get charged $15 for late payments.
|Rewards Program||Amplify Rewards|
|Bonus Points||60,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
St.George Amplify Platinum Credit Card review
Receive 60,000 bonus points when you apply, get approved and spend $3,000 in 90 days from card approval. Offer ends on 18 April 2018.
Different types of complimentary purchase and travel insurance covers can come to your rescue in various scenarios, and its concierge service can assist you in different ways. You'll receive up to 12 months extended warranty insurance when you use your card on eligible purchases.
Benefits of using the St.George Amplify Platinum Credit Card
- Bonus Points. Receive 60,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days of your card approval. Simply apply and get approved by 18 April 2018. Points will be added to your balance within 3 months after the eligible spend criteria is met.
- The Amplify Rewards program. Earn 1 point for every dollar spent when you are signed up for Amplify points. The amount you can earn is limitless, allowing you to save up for that something special.
- The Amplify Qantas Rewards Program. When you use your card at Australian merchants, you earn half a point for each dollar that you spend. While shopping abroad, the points earned become one for every dollar. This uncapped earning capability gives you the opportunity to bank your points until you have enough to redeem for a flight with Qantas or any one of its 35 partner airlines.
- Travel insurance covers. All cardholders get complimentary travel insurance covers when they use this card to pay for travel, and these covers come in the form of transit accident insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, overseas travel insurance, and rental vehicle excess insurance in Australia.
- Purchase covers. When you use this card to make purchases, you get complimentary purchase security insurance, price guarantee cover, and extended warranty insurance.
- Fraud protection. The St.George Amplify Platinum Credit Card relies on a round-the-clock monitoring of account activity, and if the system detects any suspicious activity, you can expect to get an alert immediately.
Features of the St.George Amplify Platinum Credit Card
The Amplify Platinum has an array of other features to consider:
- Annual fee. This card attracts an annual fee of $99.
- Interest rate on purchases. When you make a purchase with your platinum card, the balance will accrue an interest rate of 19.49% p.a.
- Cash advances. The interest applied towards monies withdrawn as cash is 20.24% p.a. You will also be charged 2%. This includes withdrawals made at an ATM, online or over the phone.
- Credit limits. The minimum credit limit is $6,000, while the maximum credit limit is $80,000.
- Overseas spending. Any foreign transaction made is subjected to a 3% charge of the Australian dollar value of the purchase or cash withdrawal.
- Complimentary insurance. You are allowed access to insurance covers that protect your travel plans, purchases and credit card.
- Rewards program. You get a choice of two different programs with this card.
- Additional cards. You can add a family member to your account, with their own credit card to use and the ability to earn points for no additional charge.
How to apply for the St.George Amplify Platinum Credit Card
Applying for the Amplify Platinum Card is easy, you can do so by visiting any St.George branch, you can get started over the phone, and you can even apply online. To submit an online application, simply fill out your details on the secure online application form.
- You’re a permanent resident of Australia.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- Details of your Australian driver’s license, or passport, or proof of age card
- Your residential status, home address, phone number, and email address
- Your income details and your employer’s name and contact details
- Details about all your assets and liabilities
There is an abundance of benefits to consider with this platinum credit card. Match it with the features, rates and fees of other platinum rewards cards to see which one has the options that you need the most.Back to top