Pay the same low ongoing rate on purchases and cash advances, and get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases
The South West Slopes Credit Union Visa Credit Card comes with a competitive interest rate that applies on purchases as well as cash advances. If you use this card suitably you can make use of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. While the primary card attracts a nominal annual fee, you can get an additional card for free.
|Product Name||South West Slopes CU Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||13.45% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$30 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||13.45% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|1.5% of transaction value|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$30 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of the account balance last day of statement or $20 whichever|
|Late Payment Fee||$0|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
South West Slopes Credit Union Visa Credit Card review
If you plan to use your credit card for cash advances, you can definitely benefit owing to this card’s low standard interest rate that applies on purchases and cash advances alike. You can use this card worldwide owing to its Visa connect. The ability to link the card to your South West Slopes savings account is another benefit.
Benefits of South West Slopes Credit Union Visa Credit Card
- Standard rate. This Visa Credit Card comes with a low interest rate of 13.45% p.a. on purchases as well as cash advances. This low rate can lead to significant long-term savings, not only when you use your card for cash advances, but also when you have balances from purchases rolling over from one month to the next.
- Link to savings. You can use this card to access your own savings, and this allows you to carry one less card.
- Use anywhere, anytime. Visa cards are accepted the world over, so when you’re travelling overseas all you have to do is look for the Visa logo, be it at EFTPOS terminals or ATMs. You can also use this credit card to make purchases and pay bills, over the internet and over the phone.
- Easy access to account information. You can use South West Slopes Credit Union’s online and phone banking platforms to access transaction history, BPAY, and funds transfer facilities at any time, day or night.
Features of the South West Slopes Credit Union Visa Credit Card
- Annual fee. The South West Slopes Credit Union Visa Credit Card attracts a nominal annual fee of $30.
- Interest-free days. If you pay the closing balance of your account in full before every given due date you can get as many as 55 interest-free days, but these interest-free days apply only on purchases and not on cash advances.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit of this Visa credit card is $500 and the maximum is $20,000. The limit assigned to your card depends on your ability to repay.
- Additional cards. You can apply for an additional card, provided the nominated individual is over 16 years old, and you remain liable for all transactions made using this card.
- Verified by Visa. If Visa detects any unusual activity when your credit card details are submitted online, you might be required to supply some personal information to confirm that you are making the transaction in question.
How to apply for the South West Slopes Credit Union Visa Credit Card
You can apply for this Visa credit card online, or by visiting any South West Slopes Credit Union branch. The online application takes no more than a few minutes to complete, and to begin, simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button. Before you proceed, establish if you meet the required eligibility criteria listed below:
- You are a permanent resident of Australia
- You are over 18 years of age
- You have a good credit history
You have to provide some personal information to successfully complete the application, so prepare to submit the following:
- Personal details including your complete name, residential address, residential status, phone number, email address, date of birth, marital status, and number of dependents
- Your occupation and your employer’s name and contact details
- Details of your assets and liabilities
Applying for this low rate Visa Credit Card could be of benefit if you’re not looking for too many features, but since other cards also offer low ongoing rates, make sure you compare a few before applying.Back to top