South West Slopes Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card
Pay the same low variable rate on purchases and cash advances, and get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
The South West Slopes Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card comes with a competitive interest rate that applies on purchases as well as cash advances. If you use this card suitably, you can make use of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||South West Slopes CU Visa Classic Credit Card|
|Purchase rate||13.45% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||13.45% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$20,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||1.5%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Low interest rate of 13.45% p.a. on purchases and cash advances
- No late payment fees
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- No rewards program or travel insurance
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$0|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||1.5%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The Southwest Slopes Visa Classic is a no-frills credit card that offers the same 13.45% p.a. interest rate for purchases and cash advances, as well as a competitive $30 p.a. annual fee.
As a Visa card, you can use it to make purchases all around the world – including online. When you shop in store, you also have the option of contactless payments and mobile payments through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
How to applyYou can apply for this credit card online, or over the phone by calling (02) 6384 1111. You could also visit a South West Slopes Credit Union branch. Before you apply, check whether you meet the required eligibility criteria listed below:
- Australian residency status. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Credit history. You should have a good credit history if you want to apply for a credit card.
You have to provide some personal information to successfully complete the application, so prepare to submit the following:
- Personal details. This includes your complete name, residential address, residential status, phone number, email address, date of birth, marital status, and number of dependents. You also need to verify you ID by providing details of your passport, driver's licence or Medicare card.
- Employment details. Your occupation and your employer's name and contact details.
- Financial details. Details of your assets and liabilities.
- Interest rate. This credit card comes with a low interest rate of 13.45% p.a. on purchases as well as cash advances. This low rate can lead to significant long-term savings, not only when you use your card for cash advances, but also when you have balances from purchases rolling over from one month to the next.
- Mobile payments. Simply link this card to your Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay wallet to make contactless payments upon check out using your eligible mobile phone or device.
- Worldwide acceptance. Visa cards are accepted worldwide, so when you’re travelling overseas all you have to do is look for the Visa logo, be it at EFTPOS terminals or ATMs. You can also use this credit card to make purchases and pay bills, over the internet and over the phone.
- Visa Secure. If Visa detects any unusual activity when your credit card details are submitted online, you might be required to supply some personal information to confirm that you are making the transaction in question.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The South West Slopes Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card attracts a nominal annual fee of $30 p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay the closing balance of your account in full before every given due date, you can get as many as 55 interest-free days, but these interest-free days apply only on purchases and not on cash advances.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit of this credit card is $500 and the maximum is $20,000. The limit assigned to your card depends on your ability to repay.