Roadside Assistance Western Australia
Living in Perth or wider Western Australia? Find a roadside assistance policy so you don't get caught out.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Roadside assistance can help you if you get stuck halfway down the Great Central Road, or breakdown in the middle of Perth. Compare roadside assistance policies here, and make sure you're covered.
Roadside assistance can help you if you get stuck halfway down the Great Central Road, or breakdown in the middle of Perth. Compare roadside assistance policies here, and make sure you get the right cover.
What does roadside assistance cover me for in WA?
While each provider has its own list of what it will and won't do for you, you can expect the following basic services no matter which one you choose:
- Dead engine. It has given up the ghost while chugging up a hillside or it's spewing out black smoke. Trust roadside assistance to diagnose the issue and get to work on solving it.
- Flat or punctured tyres. WA gets hot and stays hot. It's easy to pop a tyre on the boiling tarmac or accidentally run over something sharp hidden in the dust. No need to worry about whether your spare tyre is up to the task, roadside assistance will change your tyre and inflate it for you.
- Out of petrol. After running on fumes for the past few kilometres and praying you can make it to the next servo, you grind to a halt. No worries! Roadside assistance will carry around small amounts of petrol and diesel, and if not will tow you to the station to get your tank filled up there.
- Dead batteries. Left the lights on? Roadside assistance can replace your battery or just give it the spark it needs to start turning over once more.
- Lockouts. It's never fun to stare in through the window at your keys hanging from the wheel, but it's a lot worse when you have no way to get in and grab them. With roadside assistance, you'll have help getting in.
- Towing. Occasionally what ails your car is too serious or mysterious for roadside assistance to solve. When this happens, a tow is unavoidable and you'll be taken somewhere your poor vehicle can get the attention it requires.
What happens if I'm travelling interstate?
If you somehow find your way out of the frankly endless natural bounds of Western Australia, there should be no reason to stress about running into trouble. Most roadside assistance providers, even if they're locally based in the state, maintain partnerships with other insurers so that you're covered wherever you go in our great big beautiful continent.
How do I choose a roadside assistance brand in WA?
Getting the right roadside assistance service for your car may be intimidating, but the decision should come down to two simple concerns. What do you need and how much are you willing to spend? If you go through a single provider, you can potentially add on roadside assistance to an existing comprehensive insurance policy and spend much less in the long run. Providers like GIO will bundle it with other coverage.
The other option is to seek a standalone roadside assistance policy, which is handy if you don't want to take out comprehensive cover. Here, what you should mostly consider is how fast the roadside assistance tends to be as different providers can have very different response times. Paying some extra cash can keep you from wasting an entire afternoon in the withering WA sun waiting for someone to arrive and pump up your tyre.
How does roadside assistance compare?
Here is how some insurance companies in Australia stack up. Most insurers offer very similar cover as each other but as you can see, the joining requirements, cost and benefit limits can vary quite a bit.
- None of the following policies require a joining fee, although only a few will let you purchase roadside assistance as standalone cover.
- Towing limit can vary by as much as 30km in urban areas and 50km in rural areas.
- Cost can vary by more than $30 per year.
|Company||Cost per year||Joining fee||Callout limits||Need to hold a policy with them?||Lockout / Lost key||Out of fuel||Breakdown towing||Get quote|
|Included with a comprehensive policy||$0||First 2 included||Yes||$150||10 litres||50km in the city, 20km in rural areas||Get Quote|
|$79.95||$0||Unlimited||No||$125||$15||15km in the city, 50km in rural areas||Get Quote|
|$83/year||$0||Unlimited||Yes||$150||Enough to reach the next petrol station||20km in the city, 50km in rural areas||Get Quote|
|$113||$0||Unlimited||No||Yes||Yes||20km in the city, towing to nearest NRMA centre in rural areas||Get Quote|
|$86||$0||Unlimited||Yes||$250||$10||20km in the city, 100km in rural areas|
|$95||$0||Unlimited||Yes||$250||$10||20km in the city, 100km country|
|$95||$0||Unlimited||Yes||$250||$10||20km in the city, 100km country|
|$84||$0||Unlimited||Yes||$250||$10||20km in the city, 100km in rural areas|
*Always read the product disclosure statement (PDS) on the provider page to help you make the right choice.
What is the cheapest roadside assistance in WA?
We've highlighted the costs of a few roadside policies available in Western Australia.
- 24/7 Roadservices Australia – $69 a year or $110 for 2 years (3 tiers)
- Ultra Roadside Assistance – $74.50 (2 tiers)
- Budget Direct – $79.95
- 365 Roadside Assistance – $89 (3 tiers)
- RAC Roadside Assistance – $108 (4 tiers)
With comprehensive insurance policy:
- Youi – free
- Apia – $84
- AAMI – $86
- GIO – $95
- Suncorp – $95
Which companies offer roadside assistance in WA?
Get cover for roadside assistance
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Best split system air conditioners in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of split system air conditioners to determine the best available in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Best budget gaming monitors In Australia
We've done the research to find the best five budget gaming monitors available in Australia to suit different budgets and types of user.
Best camping mattresses in Australia
These are the 6 best camping mattresses you can get in Australia right now.
Best projectors in Australia
Here are the 7 best projectors you can buy right now for all your home theatre and gaming needs.
Business courses online in Australia
Searching for a career in business and not sure where to start? Find out here.
Best PC speakers in Australia 2020
Does your laptop or desktop PC need more sound? We've found the 7 best PC speakers in Australia for a variety of budgets and purposes.
Best weed killers in Australia
These are the eight best weed killers you can buy right now in Australia.
Online first aid courses in Australia
Be prepared to help in any situation. Here's what you need to know about taking an online first aid course.
Best screen protectors in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of phone films of all types to determine the best screen protectors in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Ask an Expert