Earn a bonus 30,000 Qantas Points when you meet the spend requirements and enjoy platinum perks with the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium.
The NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Credit Card gives you a way to earn Qantas Points on your everyday purchases. It also offers 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 60 days of opening a new NAB Qantas Rewards Premium card account.
In addition to Qantas points, the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium offers seven complimentary insurance covers, access to a 24/7 concierge service and a short-term balance transfer rate.
|Product Name||NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||90% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$250 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$250 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Receive 30,000 bonus points when you spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 60 days of account opening.
- A standard balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 6 months.
- Earn 0.66 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases with this card.
- Cardholders can benefit from complimentary insurance covers and concierge services.
- This card has an interest-free period of only up to 44 days, as compared to other banks that offer up to 55 interest-free days.
- Points cap could restrict potential points earning.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||30,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.66|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||3,000|
Benefits of using a NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Credit Card
- Bonus points offer. Enjoy 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you get approved for a new card and spend $2,500 on eligible purchases within the first 60 days. NAB may vary or end this offer any time.
- Qantas Points for your spending. You will earn 0.66 points per $1 on eligible purchases for the first $3,000 spent per statement period. For spending between $3,001 and $6,000 in a statement period, you will earn 0.33 points per $1 spent on your eligible purchases.
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. If you're not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, this card will waive the standard joining fee of $89.50.
- Complimentary insurance. This card offers a range of seven complimentary insurance covers issued by QBE. You can travel with peace of mind with overseas travel insurance, interstate flight insurance, transport accident insurance and domestic hotel burglary insurance. Items you buy with the card can also be covered by price protection insurance, purchase protection insurance and extended warranty insurance. Note that a qualifying purchase is required to get insurance cover.
- Concierge service. Get access to a 24/7 concierge service that can help you with travel bookings, restaurant recommendations and reservations, entertainment tickets and more.
- Balance transfer. You can take advantage of an introductory 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 6 months with a 2% balance transfer fee. Any unpaid balances will attract the standard cash advance rate. Note that minimum monthly repayments are required. You can transfer balances from Australian cards not issued by NAB.
- Eligible for Samsung Pay. You can link your NAB credit card with Samsung Pay to make contactless payments using your qualifying Samsung device at the checkout.
Features of the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Credit Card
- Annual fee. This card has a standard annual fee of $250.
- Purchase rate. Your purchases will collect a standard variable interest rate of 19.99% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. This card charges a standard variable cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 44 interest-free days on purchases if you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Additional card. You can request 1 additional cardholder for a $0 annual fee. Note that the additional cardholder must be at least 16 years of age and you will still be responsible for managing the account.
- Currency conversion fee. When you use your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Visa card for transactions made in a foreign currency, a fee of 3% of the Australian dollar amount applies.
How to apply for the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Credit Card
Applying for the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Credit Card is simple and can be done online. Before you begin your application, it’s important that you read the terms and conditions to ensure you meet the following eligibility requirements.
Eligibility criteria checklist
- Are you at least 18 years old? You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- What is your residency status? You can apply for this card as an Australian citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident, you will need to provide the last overseas address where you lived, as well as other details of your residency status.
Documents and information you'll need to provide
Ensure the application process goes smoothly by organising the following documents before applying.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, residential address, email address, contact number and Australian driver’s licence number.
- Employment details. This includes your position, salary, and your employer's name and contact details. You may also be asked to provide several recent payslips or your latest Tax Statement and accountant's details.
- Financial details. This includes details of your financial assets, including income from investments or savings accounts. It also includes any existing debts or other financial responsibilities such as mortgage payments, household bills and grocery spending.
Once you have provided all the requested information, just review the application and submit it. NAB will give you a response in 60 seconds and, if approved, you should get your new card within 5-7 working days.
The NAB Qantas Premium Credit Card offers a range of complimentary extras and earns Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards for everyday spending, although the rewards earn rate is slightly lower than some of the other premium cards on the market. If you're considering this card, make sure the perks and potential points available will offset costs such as the $250 annual fee so that you can choose a product that suits your circumstances and your needs.