Receive 50,000 bonus points, enjoy Qantas Points earning and complimentary travel insurance with the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Credit Card.
The NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card is built around the premise that “more is better”. Its range of features includes rewards, complimentary insurance, platinum concierge services, travel perks and dining benefits.
If you're struggling to repay an existing debt, you can also take advantage of a balance transfer rate of 4.99% p.a. for the first 6 months.
|Product Name||NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||4.99% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||90% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||25 February 2018|
|Annual fee||$250 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$250 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Receive 50,000 bonus points when you spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 60 days of account opening.
- A standard balance transfer rate of 4.99% p.a. for 6 months
- Earn 0.66 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases with this card.
- Cardholders can benefit from complimentary insurance covers and concierge services.
- This card has an interest-free period of only up to 44 days, as compared to other banks that offer up to 55 interest-free days.
- Points cap could restrict potential points earning.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||50,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.66|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||3,000|
NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Credit Card review
The NAB Qantas Rewards Premium card provides a host of exclusive benefits for frequent flyers and big spenders alike, including a complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership, Qantas Points for everyday spending and a range of complimentary insurance covers. The standard balance transfer rate also gives you ways to save on interest charges for 6 months. When you apply by 25 February 2018 and spend at least $2,500 on eligible purchases within the first 60 days of account opening, you will receive 50,000 bonus Qantas Points.
It has a standard annual fee of $250 and the rewards earn rate is slightly lower than some of the other premium cards on the market. Compare the features and fees of this card to determine whether it is right for you.
Benefits of using a NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Credit Card
- Bonus points offer. Apply by 25 February 2018 and enjoy 50,000 bonus Qantas Points when you get approved and make $2,500 worth of everyday purchases within the first 60 days.
- Earn Qantas Points for your spending. You can earn 0.66 points per $1 on your Visa Card for the first $3,000 per statement period. For spend from $3,001 to $6,000 per statement period, you can earn 0.33 points per $1 spent. It also comes with Visa Front Line Access that allows you to reserve tickets to some of the biggest events before they go on sale to the general public.
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. If you're not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, this card will waive the standard joining fee of .
- Complimentary insurance. This card offers a range of complimentary insurance covers. You can travel with peace of mind with overseas travel insurance, interstate flight insurance, transport accident insurance and domestic hotel burglary insurance, issued by QBE. Items you buy with the card can also be covered by price protection insurance, purchase protection insurance and extended warranty insurance.
- Concierge service. Get 24/7 access to your own personal assistant, provided by Visa Worldwide, for travel and lifestyle services with the NAB Concierge Service.
Features of the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Credit Card
- Annual fee. This card has a standard annual fee of $250.
- Balance transfer. You can take advantage of a 4.99% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 6 months. Any unpaid balances will attract the standard cash advance rate. Note that minimum monthly repayments are required.
- Purchase rate. Your purchases will collect a standard variable interest rate of 19.99% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. This card charges a standard variable cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 44 interest-free days on purchases if you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Points cap. Points are capped at 3,000 points or $6,000 spend per statement period.
- Additional card. Maximise your points earning and manage your family spending in one account by requesting 1 additional cardholder for a $0 annual fee.
- Security. This card comes with fraud monitoring and protection through the NAB Defence service. It also gives you access to the Verified by Visa to reduce online fraud, offers 24/7 emergency assistance and includes a zero liability policy for fraudulent transactions.
- Currency conversion fee. A fee of 3% applies when you use your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Visa card for transactions made in a foreign currency.
How to apply for the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Credit Card
Applying for the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Credit Card is simple and can be done online. Before you begin your application, it’s important that you read the terms and conditions to ensure you meet the following eligibility requirements.
Eligibility criteria checklist
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be a permanent resident.
- You must have good credit history.
Documents and information you'll need to provide
Ensure the application process goes smoothly by organising the following documents before applying.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, residential address, email address, contact number and Australian driver’s licence number.
- Employment details. This includes your position, salary, and your employer's name and contact details. You may also be asked to provide several recent payslips or your latest Tax Statement and accountant's details.
- Financial details. This includes details of your financial assets, including income from investments or savings accounts. It also includes any existing debts or other financial responsibilities such as mortgage payments, household bills and grocery spending.
Once you have provided all the requested information, just review the application and submit it. NAB will give you a response in 60 seconds and, if approved, you should get your new card within 5-7 working days.
The NAB Qantas Premium Credit Card offers a range of complimentary extras and earns Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards for everyday spending. If you're considering this card, make sure the perks and potential points available will offset costs such as the $250 annual fee so that you can choose a product that suits your circumstances and your needs.