Looking for health insurance? Find out if this online health fund has the right cover for you.
health.com.au is an online provider that offers straightforward policy options with an emphasis on flexibility and choice. This review gives you a breakdown of health.com.au membership benefits and the policies it offers to help you decide if this health fund suits your needs.
Limited time offer for July 2017
|Serve no 2 month waiting periods on extras||
Deal expires 31 Jul 2017
Last verified 20 Jul 2017
|Get your 3rd month free when you purchase any combined policy||
Deal expires 31 Aug 2017
Last verified 3 Jul 2017
health.com.au membership benefits at a glance
- No excess for kids. Hospital visits for children don't attract any excess fees.
- Emergency ambulance transport. Ambulance cover is included as standard in every health.com.au policy.
- Choose your provider. You aren't forced to visit a health fund affiliated provider to receive full cover.
- Direct debit discount. Opt to pay using direct debit and receive a 4% premium reduction.
- Refer-a-friend bonus. Recommend health.com.au to a friend and receive an $100 VISA gift card when they sign up.
What types of health insurance are available?
health.com.au offers policies for both in and out of hospital treatment. They are also available in varying levels of cover to suit different requirements and budgets. These policies are examined more closely in the following sections of this review:
|Policy type||Find out more|
Who can join health.com.au?
health.com.au membership is open to anyone who meets the basic requirements for health insurance. This means you must:
- Be 16 years or older in order to take out your own policy.
- Not hold a policy with the same level of cover with another health fund.
- Meet Medicare’s residency and eligibility requirements.
Additional information about this health fund
- Cooling off period. You can cancel your health.com.au policy within 30 days of purchase and receive a full premium refund.
- Dependents. health.com.au family and single parent policies cover children until they reach 21 years of age, or 25 years of age if they are studying full-time.
- Cover outside of Australia. Your health.com.au policy does not cover you for treatment received outside of Australia.
- Suspension of cover. If you do decide to travel overseas or experience financial hardship you have the option of temporarily suspending your policy if you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Visitors to Australia. Unfortunately health.com.au does not offer Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC).
- Methods of payment. Premiums are paid by direct debit from your nominated bank account or credit card.
- Consumers inadvertently exposing themselves to increased risk of tooth decay
- Don’t buy your glasses online
- Health round-up: Healthcare ranking, dementia and tobacco
- Private health insurance affordability a significant concern for consumers says ACCC
- Bupa Global data breach hits 547,000 customers
- Health round-up: Sperm, weight gain and coffee