Commonwealth Bank Awards Card
Enjoy 30,000 bonus Awards points and up to 55 interest-free days on purchases with the CommBank Awards Card.
Spend with the Commonwealth Bank Awards card and take advantage of one of the largest rewards programs available in Australia. You can redeem Awards points in-store at Myer or Flight Centre, exchange them for frequent flyer points or browse the CommBank Awards catalogue for over 1,000 reward options.
When you apply by 31 October 2019 and spend at least $2,000 on eligible purchases by 31 January 2020, you'll receive 30,000 bonus Awards points.
Balance transfer rate
for 5 months
Per $ spent (Visa/Mastercard)
- 30,000 bonus Awards points offer
- Earn 1 Awards point per $1 spent on everyday purchases.
- Points are capped at 50,000 per year.
Sally McMullen is Finder's credit cards and frequent flyer editor by day and a music maven by night. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone.
How to applyYou can apply for the Commonwealth Bank Awards card online. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and that you have the necessary information.
- New cardholders. To be eligible for the bonus points offer you cannot hold or have held any CommBank Awards card in the previous 12 months.
- Residency. You must be legally allowed to work in Australia. If you are not a permanent resident or citizen you will need to provide your visa details.
- Credit history. You must not be currently bankrupt.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, current residential address, email address, contact phone numbers and date of birth.
- Details about your income. Aim to provide as much detail as possible about your income and assets. Details of income-generating assets such as property and shares also need to be provided, as well as information about any savings.
- Expenses and liabilities. You will need to provide information about any debts you have, as well as ongoing expenses like child support, rent, mortgage repayments or anything else that is considered a regular, essential cost.
- Other credit cards. If you want to transfer a balance to a Commonwealth Bank credit card from your existing non-Commonwealth Bank credit card(s), store card(s) or charge card(s), you will need to provide the account details, including the card number, the amount you want to transfer and the name of the issuing financial institution.
- Bonus points offer. Apply by 31 October 2019 and you will earn 30,000 bonus CommBank Awards points when you spend at least $2,000 on eligible purchases on your new card before 31 January 2020. To give you an idea of your points potential, you can exchange 30,000 Awards points for 12,000 Velocity or Qantas Points or $125 worth of gift cards (26,700 points). Please note that to receive the bonus points promotion, you cannot hold or have held a CommBank Awards card in the last 12 months.
- CommBank Awards program. Earn 1 Awards point per $1 spent on eligible everyday purchases. Points are capped at 50,000 per year. Your points won't expire and you can also earn uncapped Bonus Points when you shop with bonus partners for entertainment, shopping, travel and more.
- Rewards redemption. You can redeem your points for merchandise, vouchers or cashback through the Awards website. You can also transfer points to other rewards programs, such as Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer or Qantas Frequent Flyer. You can transfer 2.5 Awards Points for 1 Qantas Point or Velocity Point, providing you meet the minimum point requirements and other conditions. To directly earn Qantas Points for your spending, you can opt in for an annual fee of $30.
- Mobile payment compatibility. You can use your eligible smartphone or wearable to make contactless payments with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay. You can also use your fitness tracker to tap and pay if you link your card with Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay.
- Interest-free days. You can save with up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Account control. You can use the CommBank app or the online banking platform to instantly lock, block or limit how you use your card. You can lock international in-store and online payments, block cash advances and set a maximum dollar amount per transaction. Plus, if you've lost your card, you can use the Lock, Block, Limit feature to lock your card temporarily while you look for it.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $59 p.a.
- Purchase interest rate. Purchases will accrue interest at a variable rate of 20.24% p.a.
- Cash advance interest rate. If you use your card to withdraw cash, gamble or pay interest on a remaining balance transfer debt, you will be charged 21.24% p.a. interest (variable).
- Balance transfer. Transfer your balances from other Australian-issued credit cards or store cards and save with 5.99% p.a. for the first 5 months. After the introductory period, any remaining balance will be charged at the cash advance rate of 21.24% p.a.
- Foreign currency conversion fee. When you use your card to spend overseas or shop online with an international merchant, you will be charged 3% of the Australian total.
- Additional cardholder. There is a $10 charge for an additional card to be added to the account. This fee will be applied each year in addition to the standard annual fee.
- Minimum credit limit. You can request a credit limit starting from $500.