Enjoy 0% p.a. for 15 months on balance transfers, 5% cashback on all eligible purchases, plus $0 annual fee for life.
Citi Simplicity provides a range of benefits to help you save on costs. This card is offering 0% p.a. interest for 15 months on balance transfers, 5% cashback on all eligible purchases (capped at $50 per month) for the first 90 days from card approval and $0 annual fee for life.
In addition to that, you get to enjoy complimentary insurances along with protection services, a 24/7 concierge service and free wine every time you dine with an eligible restaurant participating in the Citibank Dining Program.
|Product Name||Citi Simplicity Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 15 months with 1.5% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (19.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||30 April 2018|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $30 whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee||3.5% of transaction amount|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- This card has a $0 annual fee for life.
- 5% cashback on eligible purchases (capped at $50 per month for the first 90 days from card approval)
- Take advantage of the 0% p.a. for 15 months balance transfer offer.
- You can enjoy access to a personal concierge service and free bottles of wine from Citibank Dining Program.
- You cannot earn reward points for your spending.
- At the end of the promotional balance transfer period, any remaining unpaid balances will revert to the standard cash advance rate, currently at 19.99% p.a.
- A balance transfer fee of 1.5% applies.
Citi Simplicity Visa Credit Card review
The Citi Simplicity Visa Credit Card offers a range of extra features and is combined with a $0 annual fee for life - making it a competitive card in the Australian market.
The minimum annual income requirement for this credit card is $35,000 and you'll need a good credit history to be eligible. You get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay your balance in full every statement period.
Benefits of being a Citi Simplicity Card
- $0 annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee for the life of the card and you can add up to 4 additional cardholders at no extra cost.
- Balance transfer offer. You can consolidate your debt with this card's 0% p.a. for 15 months balance transfer offer with a one-time 1.5% balance transfer fee. After the promotional period, any remaining balances will be charged interest at the cash advance rate. Offer ends on 30 April 2018.
- $50 cashback offer. Apply before 30 April 2018 and receive 5% cashback on all eligible purchases, (capped at $50 per month) in the first 90 days from card approval.
- Concierge service. Have access to a personal concierge service available for 24 hours, as well as Citi World Privileges where you can get up to 25% off on special offers and products. You can also experience the best in entertainment through Visa Platinum Privileges.
- Eligible for Samsung Pay. Enjoy the convenience of making contactless payments when you shop by tapping your qualifying Samsung device on a terminal. Learn more about how Samsung Pay works here.
- Citibank Dining Program. Dine at an eligible restaurant participating in the Citibank Dining Program and you could receive a free bottle of wine, as long as you use your Citi card to pay for the meal. Based on the assumption that you claim six free wines per year, you could save up to $210.
- Complimentary purchase cover insurance. This applies to eligible products for 90 days after the date of purchase. This covers products that were purchased anywhere in Australia, including gifts that were given to an Australian permanent resident. This has an estimated savings value of $21 and is complimentary with this card.
- Complimentary extended warranty insurance. This type of cover extends the original manufacturer's warranty on personal goods that were purchased with the card. The extension applies when the original warranty comes to an end. Please note an excess of $100 applies if you decide to make a claim. This has an estimated savings value of $100 and is an extra bonus with this card.
- Complimentary transit accident. Purchase your travel tickets with your Citi Simplicity card and you and your family will receive up to $500,000 if you were to sustain a fatal injury as a passenger whilst travelling.
- Guaranteed pricing scheme. Should you ever find the same product that has a price difference of more than AUD$75, you may be covered for the price difference up to AUD $500. Please note that both products need to have the same model number, produced in the same year and by the same manufacturer. For a full list of conditions, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement.
Features of the Citi Simplicity Card
- Purchase rate. This card comes with an interest rate of 19.99% p.a. on purchases, which is the same rate for cash advances.
- Interest-free days. Benefit from up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. This is only available if you've paid your statement in full and have a remaining balance from a balance transfer.
- Maximum credit limit. The maximum is $100,000 - if you're worried that the credit limit you've requested is too high, you can choose for Citi to assign one for you. Requesting a credit limit that is too high could result in your application being declined.
- Minimum repayment. 2% or $30 whichever is greater of the closing balance; or the sum of the interest charges for the Statement Period (if applicable), plus 1% of your Closing Balance, plus any billed late payment fees as at the end of the Statement Period.
- $0 late payment fee. You won’t have to worry about paying a fee if you're unable to settle your bill by its due date.
- Overseas compatibility. When making a purchase in a foreign currency you’ll be charged 3.4% of the transaction amount. If you obtain a cash advance overseas you’ll be charged a flat $5 fee.
- Benefits of Visa. Enjoy the worldwide acceptance of Visa and its many benefits mentioned above.
- Fraudshield. Citi's fraud department regularly checks any unusual activity on your card to detect early signs of fraud. If in the case there is an irregular purchase, Citi will contact you.
- Emergency card replacement. If in the event that your card is lost or stolen, you should contact Citi immediately and you can have your card replaced.
How to apply for the Citi Simplicity Card
If you would like to apply for this card, please complete and submit the secure online application. Before applying you will need to ensure that you meet the following criteria.
- You have to be at least 18 years old
- You earn a minimum income of $35,000 p.a.
- You have a good credit history
- You are a permanent Australian resident
- You need to supply an email address that you check regularly
- Personal details and contact details
- Information about your job and you may need to submit a letter from your employer declaring your income
- Information about your personal income and expenses
- Your specified maximum credit limit. If you do not wish to choose one, leave this field blank
The whole application should take about 10-15 minutes to complete. You will receive a response in 60 seconds and you may be required to submit documents to your local Citi branch. After this step has been completed, you'll typically receive your card within 1-2 weeks. Your PIN is sent separately for security reasons.
While the Citi Simplicity Card offers a number of benefits to cardholders who are looking to save on standard card costs, it isn't the only low rate card with no annual fee on the market. Before applying, make sure to compare your options to ensure you're choosing the right card for you.Back to top