Citi Prestige Qantas Card
Offers 100,000 bonus Qantas Points and luxury perks, including unlimited airport lounge access. Just make sure you get enough value to justify the $749 annual fee.
The Citi Prestige Qantas Card is designed for high earners and frequent travellers who want to get Qantas Points for their everyday spending. It offers between 0.5 and 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 on eligible transactions, earning the most points for spending with major domestic airlines, hotel chains and restaurants – as well as for eligible international spending.
Per $ spent
|Product Name||Citi Prestige Qantas Card|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||0% for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (22.24% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||21.49%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||22.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$30,000|
|Max credit limit||$100,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $7,500 within 60 days from card approval
- Up to 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases
- Complimentary airport transfers and unlimited lounge access
- The $749 annual fee is very expensive
- The purchase interest rate of 21.49% p.a. is high
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.5|
|Rewards points cap||Uncapped|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Cash advance fee||3.5% or $3.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
Amy has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. She is also the editorial lead for Finder Green, covering sustainability across different industries. Her work has appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy also has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
Although this card offers unlimited access to Priority Pass lounges, it doesn’t offer any Qantas Club Lounge invitations, which could be a downside if you regularly travel with Qantas.
How to apply
You can apply for the Citi Prestige Qantas Credit Card online in 10 minutes, but you'll need to make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents before you get started.
- Income. You must earn an annual income of at least $150,000.
- Residency. You must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen.
- Credit history. This card is only available to applicants with a good credit score and no history of bankruptcy.
- Age. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Balance transfer debt. If you plan to transfer a balance, you can transfer up to 80% of your available credit limit from Australian store cards, personal loans and credit cards not issued under the Citi brand.
- Personal information. You'll be asked to include personal details including your full name, contact details and date of birth.
- Income and assets. Enter your employer's contact information, your pre-tax income and income from other assets. You're also required to provide your last two payslips or bank statements if you're employed part-time or full-time. If you're currently self-employed or a retiree, you'll need to enter your account's contact information. These documents can be faxed or emailed to Citi.
- Expenses and liabilities. Provide details of your ongoing expenses and any liabilities, such as loan balances, mortgage payments, rent and everyday bills.
- Identification. If you're a new customer, you can verify your identity by entering your driver's licence number or passport number. Foreign driver's licenses and passports are also accepted.
- Balance transfer details. If you're planning to take advantage of the balance transfer offer, you'll need to provide details of the current account(s) including the name on the account, number, amount being transferred and the issuing bank's name and address.
- 100,000 bonus Qantas Points. Earn 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 31 August 2022 and spend $7,500 on eligible purchases within 60 days from card approval. Your bonus points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 8 weeks of meeting the spend criteria. You must provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number upon application and an additional $49 annual fee applies to join the Citibank Qantas Rewards program.
- Uncapped Qantas Points. Get rewarded with 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible international spending and eligible domestic purchases made with major airlines, hotel chains and restaurants. You'll also earn 1 point per $1 on Australian spending at selected domestic purchases made at major petrol outlets, supermarkets and national retailers and 0.5 points per $1 spent everywhere else on domestic eligible transactions.
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership. You can relax before your next flight with unlimited visits to any of the 1,200+ Priority Pass lounges in the world – even if you're flying in economy class. You can also bring one guest with you for free (and other guests for a fee, depending on the lounge). Just enrol at www.prioritypass.com/prestigeaumc and follow the prompts to get your digital membership.
- Fourth night free hotel stay. When you book through the Citi Prestige Concierge at least 48 hours (but not more than 6 months) in advance and stay a minimum of four consecutive nights at available hotels, you can enjoy one night free. The value of the free night is calculated as the average nightly room rate for the four-night stay and does not include taxes or additional fees.
- 10% off selected Luxury Escapes offers. Until 1 March 2023, you can get 10% off (up to $500) on Limited Time LUX Exclusive hotel offers in Australia and overseas when you pay with your Citi Prestige card and use the code PRESTIGECITI10 on the Australian Luxury Escapes website or mobile app. You'll also get 10% off (up to $250) on international tours when you pay with your Citi Prestige card and use the code CITITOUR10.
- Luxury airport transfer service. Receive a complimentary, one-way airport transfer to or from select cities in Australia (up to a maximum of $100).
- Complimentary insurances. The Citi Prestige is packed with insurance covers, including: international travel insurance, transit accident insurance, interstate flight inconvenience cover, extended warranty insurance, purchase cover insurance and a guaranteed pricing scheme.
- Cashback on Deliveroo. Get $10 back on your Citi Rewards Card when you use it to pay for a single Deliveroo order of $25 or more. You can claim this offer once a month until it ends on 30 June 2022 but will need to pay directly with your Citi Rewards Card (not through a third-party app).
- Mobile wallets. You can link your Citi card with Samsung Pay or Apple Pay to use your eligible device to make contactless payments.
- Complimentary mobile phone insurance. Use the Citi Prestige Qantas Card or linked Diners Club Card to pay your monthly mobile plan and you'll get cover for accidental damage that affects the way your smartphone is supposed to work. You also get cover for theft when it's unavoidable. This complimentary insurance is underwritten by AIG Insurance and, as with any policy, it's a good idea to check the policy document for full details of what's covered and how to make a claim.
- Balance transfer offer. Transfer an existing debt to the Citi Prestige Card and pay 0% p.a. interest for 6 months, with no balance transfer fee. At the end of the balance transfer promotional period, any remaining debt will accrue interest at the cash advance rate of 22.24% p.a. You won't earn Qantas Points on balance transfers.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Citi Prestige Qantas Credit Card charges an annual fee of $749 (this includes the $49 Citibank Qantas Rewards Program yearly fee).
- Purchases interest rate. The purchase rate for this card is 21.49% p.a. (variable).
- Cash advances. Cash advance transactions are charged at 22.24% p.a. (variable). You'll also be charged a fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount or $3.50 (whichever is greater), if you're in Australia and will be charged $5 if you're overseas.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your balance in full by the due date, you can take advantage of up to 44 interest-free days on purchases. Please note that interest-free days do not apply while you are carrying a balance transfer debt.