The Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa credit card offers a low purchase interest rate of 11.99% p.a. and a competitive $49 annual fee. If you have an existing debt to pay off, you can take advantage of no interest on balance transfers for 12 months.
Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card
- Balance transfer rate for 12 months with no balance transfer fee
- 0% p.a.
- Purchase rate
- 11.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $49 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 62 days
0% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers
Up to 62 days interest-free on purchases
Free additional cardholders
No rewards program
Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Product Name||Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||0% for 12 months, then 11.99%|
|Purchase rate p.a.||11.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 62 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||11.99%|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$4|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
How to apply
You can apply for the Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa credit card online in 15 minutes as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information.
- Income. You must receive a regular net income greater than $2,000 a month.
- Credit history. You'll need a good credit score with no history of unpaid defaults or bankruptcy.
- Residency. You can only apply for this card if you're an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, contact information, residential address and number of financial dependents.
- Identification. You'll need to include proof of identification with your driver's licence number.
- Employment. Confirm your occupation as well as the name and address of your employer. If you haven't been in your job for more than 1 year, you'll need to include your previous employment details too.
- Finances. List your income, assets (such as savings or investments) and liabilities (such as loans or debts).
- Balance transfer offer. Take advantage of low balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 12 months. This could help you pay off your debt quicker and save on interest costs. Any remaining debt will attract the 11.99% p.a. purchase rate at the end of the introductory period. You can transfer a minimum of $500 from non-Beyond Bank accounts.
- Competitive purchase rate. This is a low rate credit card and you get to enjoy competitive interest rates with your purchases. The purchase rate is 11.99% p.a.
- Mobile wallets. You can link your card to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay to make contactless payments with your eligible smartphone or device.
- Visa perks. You can use your card at millions of locations wherever Visa is accepted. This includes payWave transactions under $100. You'll access exclusive travel, entertainment and lifestyle discounts and deals through Visa Offers & Perks.
- Security. If your card is used for fraudulent transactions, you'll be protected by Visa's Zero Liability policy. You can also shop safely online with added protection thanks to Visa Secure.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $49 annual fee.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you can take advantage of up to 62 interest-free days on purchases. You won't be eligible for interest-free days if you're paying off a balance transfer debt.
- Cash advances. When you use the card for a cash advance transaction, such as an ATM withdrawal, you'll immediately attract a 11.99% p.a. interest rate and will be charged a cash advance fee.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 4 additional cardholders at no extra charge.
- Credit limits. You can request a credit limit from $1,000. The credit limit you're approved for will depend on the bank's lending criteria and your financial history.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
October 30, 2015
Hi, I’m a carer on centrelink payments. Do I meet the banks lending criteria?
I would like to balance transfer my ANZ Visa.
Sally McMullen Finder
October 30, 2015
Thanks for your question.
Usually as long as you meet the minimum income requirement and the other eligibility criteria, you shouldn’t have an issue applying.
The terms and conditions available on Beyond Bank’s website don’t mention and limits on income through Centrelink, so you may need to get in contact with their customer service team directly to confirm your eligibility.
I’ve emailed you their contact details for your convenience.
I hope this has helped.
Show more Show less