Repay your debt with a balance transfer of 0% for 5 months and save on purchases with up to 62 interest free days with the Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa.
Beyond Bank customers can enjoy a low rate visa credit card which offers up to 62 days of interest free purchases. The credit card also gives you an interest rate of and you can enjoy quick payments using Visa payWave.
Credit card holders get to enjoy credit limits from $1,000 for an annual fee of $49
|Product Name||Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (12.49% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.49% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$49 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 62 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$49 p.a.|
|Cash Advance Fee||$4|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card review
Beyond Bank offers a competitive interest rate on purchases of new card holders get to enjoy interest free retail transactions for up to 62 days (this applies if you pay back your balance in full every statement period).
In addition to the competitive rates, cardholders can shop with convenience with Visa payWave technology. You'll also receive peace of mind knowing that you're protected by the Visa Zero Liability Policy against unauthorised purchases and get extra protection with Smart Chip Technology.
Beyond Bank was formally Companion Credit Union (alongside its parent company, Community CPS Australia). On 1 August 2013, they became a mutual bank now known as Beyond Bank Australia.
Benefits of the Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card
- Balance transfer offer. Take advantage of low balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 12 months. If you have a debt that's accruing high interest rates, you can use this balance transfer to repay your debt quicker and cheaper.
- Competitive purchase rate. This is a low rate credit card and you get to enjoy competitive interest rates with your purchases. The purchase rate is 12.49% p.a.
- Low annual fee. You have access to a wide range of features available for the low annual fee of $49. The annual fee is to be paid at the end of the month which you acquired the credit card and on the same end month every year afterwards.
- Competitive cash advance fee. Card holders also get to benefit from a cash advance rate of only 19.99% p.a. A cash advance fee of $4 is applicable when you conduct cash advance transactions using this credit card.
- Low transaction fees. There are a host of fees applicable with the credit card and these too are charged a low fee. These fees include: declined transaction fee: $1.25, Bank@Post withdrawals and deposits: $3, default fee: $25 and default notice fee: $20.
- Smart Chip Protection. The credit card features a Smart Chip and this decreases your exposure to card skimming, counterfeiting and other fraudulent activities.
- Verified by Visa. You also get added protection with Verified by Visa which is a Visa check that ascertains that it is indeed the card holder making the transaction.
- Zero liability policy. This feature can be classified as a security feature, as it protects the card holder against dealing with losses that arise from fraudulent use of the credit card. You will not be held liable for purchases or any type of transaction that is made using your account information or credit card.
- Wave and go. Visa payWave allows you to conveniently make transactions by simply waving your credit card over a PayPass terminal. In other words, you don't have to swipe or insert the credit card and enter your PIN to pay for your purchases. You have contactless transactions.
The payWave feature is applicable for transactions valued at $100 or less. It also offers you enhanced security against fraud with the EMV chip technology. Due to the Zero Liability policy, you are assured that you will not undergo losses due unauthorised transactions.
Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card features
Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa credit card gives you access to the following features:
- Generous credit limits. Credit limits start from $1,000. Your maximum limit is subject to approval.
- Annual fee. The annual fee for the low rate Visa card is $49.
- Interest free days. You have up to 62 interest free days on retail purchases.
- Interest rates. You have competitive interest rates on purchases of 12.49% p.a.
- Zero liability policy. All Visa cardholders get to enjoy the Visa Zero Liability Policy which does not hold the credit card holder liable for fraudulent transactions.
- Smart Chip Protection. You get to enjoy added security against skimming and counterfeiting with Smart Chip Technology.
- payWave. Credit card holders can pay for purchases with ease using the wave and go feature on PayPass terminals.
- Verified by Visa. Another security feature is Verified by Visa which verifies the identity of the cardholder before processing transactions online.
How to apply for the Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card
You can find the application criteria for this low rate credit card in the table below:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Provide credit card details in the initial stage of the application
The bank allows you to select your credit limit and you can select if you want to have an additional card holder. Once you are done with the credit card details section, click on 'start my application'.
- Your identification details
- Assets and liabilities
If you don't have all information requested ready, you can save the application and resume at a later date or time. Make sure that you fill in all required fields failure to which your application will not be successfully submitted.Back to top